ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:21 pm

maddysheffield wrote:@spactus any update mate ;-) your's is long due
@Maddysheffield nothing mate. I totally assume mine will be next year so am no longer worried about it at the moment. Its a waiting game maddysheffield.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

peace84

Post by peace84 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:33 pm

vinny wrote:
Cisco89 wrote:Some friends suggesting me if I will not get decision till Feb 2015 then I need to apply ILR on Tier 1 base with my wife . So in this way my wife will get ILR as well because of 9 July 2012 rule.
Yes.

If they haven't decided on your SET(LR) application by the time you are eligible for SET(O) under Tier 1 (General) then you may vary your SET(LR) to SET(O).
@VINNY,
Wanted to know more about vary application.
As per HO you can vary the application before any decision made.
example if you submitted the application as SET(LR) with all passports and supporting documents, Later if we want to vary our application to ILR (via tier 1 general) i.e. SET(o)
my question to you is Do we have to just fill the SET(O) form and send it to HO ? what are supporting docs ?
what to do if some supporting docs like payslips, p60 etc are submitted with the previous application SET(LR) and now required in SET(O) ?

abbeywell
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywell » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:54 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:Called the HO three times today, three times I was given conflicting/different information.

Also, not sure if they process applications on a first-come-first-served basis or else how can you explain 17th and 20th Sept. applicants getting responses a week ago while early Sept. applications for many others haven't been allocated to case-workers?

It's annoyingly pathetic having to wait this long for an application you pay over a thousand £ for to be prpcessed. If the HO was a private enterprise, they would have been liquidated only months after their formation as no one would patronise them.

They are beyond appalling!
This is very simple, to all who applied in august and still waiting do reply this message with month and year your current visa expires (no need to say full date). If there are clusters of these, we will realise whether there is any type of priority which to certain extent I find it fair.

solork12
Newly Registered

Post by solork12 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:42 am

Hi All
I am new to this forum and would like to add my ILR (Long Residence) application timeline:

Application filed: 20/10/14
Acknowledgment received: 28/10/14
Biometrics sent: 14/11/14
Result: Still Waiting

I would request the admin to put this onto the tracker.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:57 am

Still.Waiting wrote:HI I have been married to a British citizen for more than 3 years now and currently on a Spouse Visa! Can someone please confirm whether I can apply directly for Naturalization or I will have to apply for ILR first in any event?

Many thanks in advance for you help.

Regards
ILR or equivalent is required prior to naturalisation 3(c).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:01 am

bharatsharma wrote:
vinny wrote:Just say child is entitled to, and will, register for British citizenship immediately after a parent is granted ILR.

They may impose extra financial burden on spouse's FLR(M), due to child, before child becomes British.

Thanks very much Vinny for the answer. However it is something new and worrying for me as I have one daughter who is two years old who born in the UK. I have read the link you included but really don't the implications of this on my wife's case eg. Different Financial requirent required or any other. I thought it should not be any problem for her to apply BC once I obtain ILR. now don't know how to handle this. Can you shed the more light as to what likely to happen here. I truly appreciate your help. Many thanks.

Regards
Baz
Did you read Obie's post?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ZFDar
Pakistan

Post by ZFDar » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:23 am

Dear all Respectable Lawyers,

My 10 years for SET(LR) completed on 29th December 2014 (Student + PSW + Entrepreneur). I don't have all utility bills or council tax documents and P60 or P45 for entire 10 years as I did not work at all for one year during my 10 years period but I do have all of my passports(previous and current) and my current entrepreneur biometric card. What should I send with my application as supporting document? Will that be enough to send all passports and current biometric card along with my UK degree and life in the UK test as supporting documents with my application or P60, Council Tax and Utility Bills etc are also necessary to send with the application?

My second concern is that my wife is on PBS dependent on me. Shall I apply for her to switch dependent visa right now or shall I wait for myself to be approved first?

Thirdly, we had a baby together about 7 weeks ago. What shall I do with her immigration status? Shall I wait for my visa to be granted first or shall I apply for her too at the same time. If I do have to apply at the same time for her now then I have to obtain her passport of my home country first from high commission. which will take about a month or two. Is it okay to apply after this period for my SET(LR) 10 Years?

Your advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:02 am

ZFDar wrote:Dear all Respectable Lawyers,

My 10 years for SET(LR) completed on 29th December 2014 (Student + PSW + Entrepreneur). I don't have all utility bills or council tax documents and P60 or P45 for entire 10 years as I did not work at all for one year during my 10 years period but I do have all of my passports(previous and current) and my current entrepreneur biometric card. What should I send with my application as supporting document? Will that be enough to send all passports and current biometric card along with my UK degree and life in the UK test as supporting documents with my application or P60, Council Tax and Utility Bills etc are also necessary to send with the application?

My second concern is that my wife is on PBS dependent on me. Shall I apply for her to switch dependent visa right now or shall I wait for myself to be approved first?

Thirdly, we had a baby together about 7 weeks ago. What shall I do with her immigration status? Shall I wait for my visa to be granted first or shall I apply for her too at the same time. If I do have to apply at the same time for her now then I have to obtain her passport of my home country first from high commission. which will take about a month or two. Is it okay to apply after this period for my SET(LR) 10 Years?

Your advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Dear ZfDar,

Congratulation on reaching the milestone of 10 years in the UK. You will ne glad to know that you have a straight forward case for ILR. To apply for this ILR you will need the following:

1. Your Passports Old n New containing all the stamps
2. A completed application form FLR (LR), make sure you use the correce one.
3. A passed Life in the UK test
4. 2 Photographs (Passport size)
5. An English Language test Pass or a UK Degree/ Degree certificate of a couse studied in English
6. £1,093 to make the application
PS: DO NOT SEND ANYTHING ELSE BAR THESE DOCUMENTS, UNLESS U DEFINATELY NEED TO

Your wife will be aligible for the FLR(M) once u have received your ILR approval.

Your Child will be eligible fo citizenship via the MN1 route once you have obtained your ILR. The critical path is your ILR. So go get it brother
Last edited by baba JJ on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZFDar
Pakistan

Post by ZFDar » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:35 am

Thanks for your advice baba jj,

One last thing is that is it true that it is possible to apply 28 days before completion of 10 years for long term residency category?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:19 am

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:45 am

Spatacus wrote:
maddysheffield wrote:@spactus any update mate ;-) your's is long due
@Maddysheffield nothing mate. I totally assume mine will be next year so am no longer worried about it at the moment. Its a waiting game maddysheffield.

@Spatacus true its waiting game and you are well over the average time .... I wish you get yours soon the next approval hopefully is urs mate . mine as you is late September so I am a bit anxious too with different advises from the HO .... Its getting crazy as everyone I have too many things linked with this application too ;-)

peace84

Post by peace84 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:49 am

I submitted my payslips, p60 and 5months bank statement with my SET(LR) application though I believe this are not mandatory.
but do you think any problem with that submission ?

the_onebd
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications

Post by the_onebd » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:06 am

Hi All

By the grace of Almighty Allah, I've finally received the BRP this morning with ILR stamp on it! I'm still waiting for my docs and passport but have got the BRP which is more important I guess.

My previous leave was DLR which was due to expire on 2nd April 2015.

My timeline:

Posted: 26/08/2014
HO Acknowledgement dated: 28/08/2014
Bio Invitation received: 24/09/2014
Bio Done: 25/09/2014
BRP received: 30/12/2014
Docs: Waiting

I'll update the google spreadsheet once I receive my docs. Thanks to everybody here for their kind support. Its been very tough four months, so to everybody who is still waiting, be patient, your patience will be surely rewarded.

Good luck! :)

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:12 am

peace84 wrote:I submitted my payslips, p60 and 5months bank statement with my SET(LR) application though I believe this are not mandatory.

Giving more info to strengthen your application always helps ,
However most of the members believe that you need to KISS your application ;-) KEEP IT SWEET AND SIMPLE ;-)
Spoon feeding always helps especially with HO ;-)

Once you have sent your application no point in thinking about the papers you submitted ...... Other than Just wait for their decision ;-) its just like after you paint a wall .....can you take the paint back? ;-)

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:16 am

the_onebd wrote:Hi All

By the grace of Almighty Allah, I've finally received the BRP this morning with ILR stamp on it! I'm still waiting for my docs and passport but have got the BRP which is more important I guess.

My timeline:

I'll update the google spreadsheet once I receive my docs. Thanks to everybody here for their kind support. Its been very tough four months, so to everybody who is still waiting, be patient, your patience will be surely rewarded.

Congrats @ The_onebd Have wonderful New year ;-)

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:57 am

If anyone wants to call HO call Now ..... no waiting time ;-) connects quick and make sure let the forum know what the advisors said ;-)

Only those who have not called in a weeks time

Number : 0300 123 2241

They will tell you one of these Ask them clearly ;-)
1. Your application waiting to be considered
2. Your application is being considered

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:10 am

peace84 wrote:I submitted my payslips, p60 and 5months bank statement with my SET(LR) application though I believe this are not mandatory.
@peace,it would not harm your application though its not required but should be considered as a plus point depend on the caseworker.

peace84

Post by peace84 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:21 am

maddysheffield wrote:

Giving more info to strengthen your application always helps ,
However most of the members believe that you need to KISS your application ;-) KEEP IT SWEET AND SIMPLE ;-)
Spoon feeding always helps especially with HO ;-)

Once you have sent your application no point in thinking about the papers you submitted ...... Other than Just wait for their decision ;-) its just like after you paint a wall .....can you take the paint back? ;-)
OK , actually i thought and sent my additional docs to show strong connection towards UK. however I will wait and pray !!

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:26 am

the_onebd wrote:Hi All

My timeline:

Congratulations mate, Enjoy the freedom and as usual do continue respecting the laws of the land

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:20 pm

@AngelStha haven't seen any messages from you any updates from you ?

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:23 pm

solork12 wrote:Hi All
I am new to this forum and would like to add my ILR (Long Residence) application timeline:

Application filed: 20/10/14
Acknowledgment received: 28/10/14
Biometrics sent: 14/11/14
Result: Still Waiting

I would request the admin to put this onto the tracker.

Updated tracker ;-) welcome to the waiting zone ;-)

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:32 pm

maddysheffield wrote:If anyone wants to call HO call Now ..... no waiting time ;-) connects quick and make sure let the forum know what the advisors said ;-)

Called HO and spoke to a lady called Samira but haven't got any useful info except her sweet voice. She only told me the vague info of my application that it yet to be decided, when further inquired she confirmed me that they are currently dealing with sept 2014 applications which is obviously everyone knows but no specific date. When I asked about criteria of dealing applications she just told me that each application is dealt with its own merit and same repetitive statement of 6 months standard time of dealing SET LR applications.
All in all it isn't that informative call as it was with the lady called Sharon who seems to be on holidays :)

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
maddysheffield wrote:If anyone wants to call HO call Now ..... no waiting time ;-) connects quick and make sure let the forum know what the advisors said ;-)

Called HO and spoke to a lady called Samira but haven't got any useful info except her sweet voice. She only told me the vague info of my application that it yet to be decided, when further inquired she confirmed me that they are currently dealing with sept 2014 applications which is obviously everyone knows but no specific date. When I asked about criteria of dealing applications she just told me that each application is dealt with its own merit and same repetitive statement of 6 months standard time of dealing SET LR applications.
All in all it isn't that informative call as it was with the lady called Sharon who seems to be on holidays :)
well we do not know exactly what is HO standard specifically when dealing with applications.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:21 pm

just called HO and spoke to them with quite detailed regarding whether they give priority to those applicants whose current leave to remain have expired or nearly expiring and what i have been categorically told that they deal with applications in date order to keep the fair play but if someone expedite on compassionate reasons then he gets priority.Secondly they are currently working on september applications which most of us know but they cannot give us date.like every one i also have been told that my application is under consideration. :lol: :lol: :lol:

apex221

Post by apex221 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Hello my virtual friends :D I thought I would have missed out a lot in one and half week guess nothing much has changed.
Congratulations to the few who have received the good news! Hope January will be kind to our patience.