ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2014 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pyramid stone
Ireland

Re: 2014 Citizenship Approvals

Post by pyramid stone » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:14 am

Darr81 wrote:Will anpost be
Delivering from monday? Should we
Expect something next week?
After the next ceremony 23rd Jan.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:44 am

anpost delivered to my address on 24th and will continue from monday delivering.. for inis, I have no idea, and they did not confirm or reply to my letter
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

saad786

Post by saad786 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:11 pm

@all
Any updates for today mates
happy new year too all forum mates...

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:07 pm

HI I have been married to a British citizen for more than 3 years now and currently on a Spouse Visa! Can someone please confirm whether I can apply directly for Naturalization or I will have to apply for ILR first in any event?

Many thanks in advance for you help.

Regards

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:36 pm

saad786 wrote:@all
Any updates for today mates
happy new year too all forum mates...

@ saad786

Saad, you and me are pretty much with the same timelines so I'm monitoring to see when you get it.
For me, no news yet. I got the second ack mid Oct and was hoping to be included in the Jan ceremony, but it looks like its gone.

Probably March for us, will update if I get anything

saad786

Post by saad786 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:43 pm

@johnnieboy
Thanks mate... Yes I remember that mate.... Surely I`ll let you know asap....
Happy new year to u and the forum mates

ninjaman

Post by ninjaman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:59 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:HI I have been married to a British citizen for more than 3 years now and currently on a Spouse Visa! Can someone please confirm whether I can apply directly for Naturalization or I will have to apply for ILR first in any event?

Regards
@Still.Waiting, Are you sure you have posted this question in the right place? I suspect this was meant to be posted in the United Kingdom section of the forum.

If you meant to post it here, then can you tell us a little bit more, please?
e.g 1. was your spouse born in Northern Ireland?
2. Where do you live? do you live in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or Mainland UK (i.e England, Scotland or Wales)?
if you answer these questions I should be able to answer your question.

cheers.

SouthernWinds

Post by SouthernWinds » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:05 am

Hi All,

I have been reading this forum for a long time and in a few days I will be applying for my Irish Citizenship, however, I have some doubts regarding a few documents:

- It says certified copy of passport page with photo and a full copy of current passport pages (OK).

- It also says copies of previous passports valid whilst residing in Ireland: Does this mean copies of all pages on previous passports or just the ones with the photo/info on them? reason I am asking is because I am a frequent traveler and I have renewed my passport three times due to a lack of enough free pages.

- I have also read that some people here had to explain why they were refused an UK visa.
I had an application refused because the officer stated that I did not present any proof of residence stating I lived with my wife (although the CTA law does not require this when accompanying your EEA spouse). I do have an ugly stamp on one of my previous passports.

Should I already include a letter explaining this issue along with my application to avoid a correspondence ping-ponging?

Thanks a mil! Crossing fingers for all of us now.

SW.

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:51 am

SouthernWinds wrote:- It says certified copy of passport page with photo and a full copy of current passport pages (OK).
Form 8
A certified colour copy of the page of your current passport/travel document containing your photograph. If the page containing your photograph does not include your name etc or does not give the expiry date of your passport, please also submit a certified copy of the relevant page(s) of your current passport/travel document containing these details.
SouthernWinds wrote:- It also says copies of previous passports valid whilst residing in Ireland: Does this mean copies of all pages on previous passports or just the ones with the photo/info on them? reason I am asking is because I am a frequent traveler and I have renewed my passport three times due to a lack of enough free pages.

Please also provide copies of all other pages of your passport and full copies of any previous passport valid during periods of residence in the State.

In the above text, "your passport" means the current passport - so you have to provide all the visa pages from your current passport.
Previous passport - "full copies" means all the pages (including the blank pages) from all your previous passports that you used during your stay in Ireland. I have followed this for my spouse and it has worked.

SouthernWinds wrote:- I have also read that some people here had to explain why they were refused an UK visa.
I had an application refused because the officer stated that I did not present any proof of residence stating I lived with my wife (although the CTA law does not require this when accompanying your EEA spouse). I do have an ugly stamp on one of my previous passports.
Should I already include a letter explaining this issue along with my application to avoid a correspondence ping-ponging?
This was the story with my spouse as well. My spouse's UK visa was refused. The UK authorities gave the reason that marriage certificate was not provided along with the application. The irony is the UK authorities returned the marriage certificate along with the application and the refusal letter in the same postal envelope!
So, for Irish naturalisation, we never provided any separate explanation. We just provided the photo copy of all the passport pages and these pages included the UK authority stamp. No questions were asked by the INIS and my spouse's Irish naturalisation application has been processed successfully.

SouthernWinds

Post by SouthernWinds » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:15 pm

You're a star catch_hunter! Thanks for such a comprehensive explanation.

According to this forum, my application should be sort of straight forward then ( Spouse of Irish Citizen, no convictions, skilled worker, no social benefits claimed, no children, etc).

I will be posting a timeline as soon as I submit my application.

Best of luck to everyone!

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:43 pm

ninjaman wrote:
Still.Waiting wrote:HI I have been married to a British citizen for more than 3 years now and currently on a Spouse Visa! Can someone please confirm whether I can apply directly for Naturalization or I will have to apply for ILR first in any event?

Regards
@Still.Waiting, Are you sure you have posted this question in the right place? I suspect this was meant to be posted in the United Kingdom section of the forum.

If you meant to post it here, then can you tell us a little bit more, please?
e.g 1. was your spouse born in Northern Ireland?
2. Where do you live? do you live in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or Mainland UK (i.e England, Scotland or Wales)?
if you answer these questions I should be able to answer your question.

cheers.
@ninjaman, Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong forum. I live in the Uk my spouse is British and I am referring to UK Nationality.
- My wife was born in England
- we live in London.
I dont know if you can still help?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:28 am

This is the Ireland section of the forum. You might want to put it in the relevant UK section.

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Hello guys just to update everyone abt my application. I got my approval on wednesday,31 December 2014.

Application Basis: Stamp4 Eu Family
Application Date: 1st August 2014
1st Acknowledgment Date:8th August 2014
2nd Stage Letter: 10th September
11th October 2014: Additional information requested to clarify if i had ever come to the adverse attention of the UK immigration between 2003 -2013
12th October: Documents submitted
18th December 2014: up-to-date copy of garda requested.
22nd December: renewed copy submitted.
31st December 2014: Received approval..signed on 29th of december

Exactly 5months In total.

saad786

Post by saad786 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:26 pm

@akwadaa
Congratulations mate...
So it means that ministers has started signing the letters of at least the dept has started sending the letters...
good news.... Best of luck to all who are still waiting...

emmanueljames
BANNED

Post by emmanueljames » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi Pals, could it be truth inis told me on the phone that they sent my solicitor a letter on the 12th of December but my solicitor said he dint see any post for me. Could these be a prank or general information. I was told that my file is with the minister before, what could these resent letter be? Any help?

saad786

Post by saad786 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:43 pm

@emmanueljames
I think in december certain people got strange messages from DoJ.... Hope for the best in January....

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Emannuel inis send same copy upon request and stamp it with "copy" upon request.. They are famous in losing letters here and there.. Call them and ask for a copy to be resent
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

emmanueljames
BANNED

Post by emmanueljames » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Ok thanks guys

emmanueljames
BANNED

Post by emmanueljames » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:57 pm

I got a letter from innis saying that I should provide a proof from the social welfare stating what type of claim am I getting. After I have already been told in first week of December that my file is with the minister for decision. Do annyone know what could happen at these stage? These is the third time they they are asking me for irrelevant doc. Pls guys share experience. Thanks. Wishing all of us good luck.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:09 pm

@EmannuelJames, whatever the INIS asks you is relevant to your case/application so don't ever ignore that fact. All you need do inorder not to further delay your approval is to immediately respond to any queries from the INIS. If you're in receipt of any for of social welfare payment go to the local welfare office and get a documentary proof of whatever payment and back it up with a good and tenable reason for being in such circumstances. Don't be afraid and don't think it'd affect the progress and process of your application as it's all academic. Wish you the very best as you're almost there in the search and wait for your final approval. :)

emmanueljames
BANNED

Post by emmanueljames » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:52 pm

@kingdomman. Thanking you for you opinion I so much appreciate. I wish you and everyone of us the best an quick approvals.

saad786

Post by saad786 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:54 am

@emmanueljames
I totally agree with KingdomMan..
BTW when did you get this letter and could you please let me know (if possible) the exact content that has been asked by the inis dept...

@all
any other updates or approvals....

Kal14

Post by Kal14 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:25 am

Hi all@
I got my invitation letter for 23th January 11:30..(letter date05/01)

Best of luck who's still waiting..
God bless u all..

emmanueljames
BANNED

Post by emmanueljames » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:02 pm

@Saad786.... Like I said, the letter was sent on in December, they asked my solicitor to ask me to send them a proof that am getting unemployment benefits which they already know. But they want to know if it's called back to education or unemployment pay. That all. But I was told before that my file is with the minister already.

saad786

Post by saad786 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:34 pm

@emmanueljames
Well strange things are happening around us like people moving back from thrid stage to second stage but lets hope for the best this year and also I think there is a strong chance that we`ll miss the Jan ceremony now and I am not sure when the next ceremony will be held .....