ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Check

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samira_uk
BANNED

Final Check

Post by samira_uk » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply on 5th Jan and I want to do a final check on my documents:
I am on Tier 1 for 5 years, first entry Jan 2010. I will apply in PEO Croydon.
I am not a permanent employee.
I am going to submit:
-payslips for 12 months
-bank statements showing payments
-IELTS which I used in my initial application
-LIUK Test
-application form, photos, passports, etc.
-About absences my total absences were about 184 days in the whole 5 years. During my first four absences I was not employed and for the rest I was employed. Some of the absences were for my employment (business trips). I already got a letter from employer which confirmed the absences on annual leave and business trips. for the first four absences I just wrote details on the application form.

I also bring P60s for the years that I was in employment (I was not in employment for about 2 years) but will not submit them unless requests.

Any idea or comment on my documents? Are they enough?

I will update you on my application.

argus7
Wales

Re: Final Check

Post by argus7 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Looks ok. But what are you going to mention reasons of unemployment if asked. Hope for the best.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:39 pm

I should not be employed for the whole 5 years according to the rules and Tier 1 General could be unemployed. Also, I was looking for job. I was not on Tier 2 and it took time to find a proper job. I did some part time casual jobs which were just to not getting bored!

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:42 pm

I just came to a question:

in application in question 6.3 it said:
What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?

As I explained before I am providing a letter from employer. for some of the absences I was looking for job and so there is no evidence but my own statement which I already replied to in the application form (dates of departures and arrivals). So in replying to question 6.3 I could just tick the first option (employer letter) however this option will not explain all absences but some of them. In my view this question is too vague and unclear. The other options are not relevant as I did not have any absence due to compelling reason.

What should I do?

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:25 pm

samira_uk wrote:I just came to a question:

in application in question 6.3 it said:
What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?

As I explained before I am providing a letter from employer. for some of the absences I was looking for job and so there is no evidence but my own statement which I already replied to in the application form (dates of departures and arrivals). So in replying to question 6.3 I could just tick the first option (employer letter) however this option will not explain all absences but some of them. In my view this question is too vague and unclear. The other options are not relevant as I did not have any absence due to compelling reason.

What should I do?
I applied for ILR as self employed on 20th December (and approved) and no questions were asked regarding absences. I just provided a letter stating my absences and reasons. Hope that helps
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:15 am

thank you for your help but i am employed and in the form there is an option for a letter from employer. my question is that that option will not explain all my absences alone. then shall I just tick that option? question 6.3 is very unclear and the options are just for employment related absences and compelling reason. no option is available for absences during self employment or the periods when I was looking for job

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:28 pm

should not be a problem a self attested absences letter should suffice.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Thank you for your help but my main question is not about the documents actually about how to reply to this question. as this question is very unclear. only the first option (employer letter) is relevant to my case and there is no option for letter.

again thank you very much

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:41 pm

Just mention letter(s).

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:08 pm

thank you. I should do that as the other options are for compassionate reasons which are not relevant

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:06 pm

you worry too much! If your absences are very less, they might not even look at any letters.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:59 pm

yes i am a bit too worry and my total absences in the whole 5 years is about 180 days. but you know, i should prepare for the worst scenario. anyway, thank you for your helps.

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:02 am

Samira,

I am in a similar scenario as yourself and my appointment is shortly after yours. Please do let us know after your appointment if they question the absences or not.

Wish you BEST OF LUCK.

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi,

I was in India for about 120 days myself and don't have any absence letters as well. I am eligible in January as well and yet to book the appointment, please let us know how did your appointment go?

Thanks,
-Senthil

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:54 am

Actually, I have an absence letter and also employer letter and I dont have any issue on that regards. All my absences were short and for visit purposes. My questions was how to answer question 6.3 on the application form. Anyway, I will update you.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:10 pm

samira_uk wrote:Actually, I have an absence letter and also employer letter and I dont have any issue on that regards. All my absences were short and for visit purposes. My questions was how to answer question 6.3 on the application form. Anyway, I will update you.

i just ticked others and in the box provided wrote "A letter from applicant mentioning all the absences". I am self employed at the moment but all of my absences are from a period when i was employee.

Hope that answers your questions. Don't worry, they are least bothered about absences as long as it is less than 180 days per 12 months period.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:26 pm

thank you for your reply. I thought of that but it said that other should be ticked just for compassionate reasons. I am explaining in a cover letter. Home Officer application forms are full of these unclear questions. Again thank you all

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:10 am

Hi Samira,

How did your appointment go? Have you got your ILR?

Thanks,
-Senthil

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been away for some personal reasons and could not post here.

I had to change the appointment to late Jan due to some matters but everything was done perfect and I received ILR using the documents I mentioned above. I applied in Croydon and the whole process did not take more than 3 hours.

Thank you all and wish you luck.