ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence for EEA family permit holder.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Allebeide
Newly Registered

Permanent residence for EEA family permit holder.

Post by Allebeide » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:29 pm

There are different residecy regulations in different EU Countries for example: A foreigner who has resided in UK uninterrupted for 3 years, may option a permanent resident.
İn Germany after 8 years.

But a third country citizen who holds a EEA family permit and has resided in a EU country for a uninterrupted periot of 5 years, may in the rule option a permanent residence right.

But in the UK the regulation for the permanent residency right is 3 years of uninterrupted residency; may then a EEA family permit holder who resided in UK for a uninterrupted periot of 3 years benefit from the right of 3 years regulation regarding UK foreign right or in any other EU country regarding theyr national foreigm rights?

Thank you for any good answer! i am just cerious. Sory if the question is reapited, i searched and could'nt find a exact answer for my question.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Permanent residence for EEA family permit holder.

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:45 pm

The correct length of time to get PR in UK is after 5 years and during these 5 years the EU national sponsor must have exercised its treaty rights. Moreover, you cannot carry forward the length of time you spent in one EU country to another.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS