ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nabeelsultan2000

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:48 pm

sophia20 wrote:Hi guys
Would the Eco's pick out the times we called/contacted our spouses in Pakistan? I mean like if we're at work and call/skype on our breaks?! Lol
Will they scrutinize this?

And congrats Ali! :)
there is no such deep inspection you should have contacted this is what they usually check out

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Salam all, hope everyone is doing fine, as you may remember, my wife's visa application was refused, i will be putting in a appeal up to the review stage. Anyway, i wanted to know, as i have 28 days since the refusal date to put in an appeal, is that 28 working days? or 28 days TOTAL, asking because of the christmas period its taking some time to get the proof from HMRC. any help is appreciated
Regards:
Ibz
Application and biometrics submitted - 27August 2014
Visa Refused - 17 December 2014
Online appeal submitted - 9th January 2015
Notice of a pending appeal - 27th January 2015
Bundle received back from BHC ISB (apparently) - 24th February 2015

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Ibbzy wrote:Salam all, hope everyone is doing fine, as you may remember, my wife's visa application was refused, i will be putting in a appeal up to the review stage. Anyway, i wanted to know, as i have 28 days since the refusal date to put in an appeal, is that 28 working days? or 28 days TOTAL, asking because of the christmas period its taking some time to get the proof from HMRC. any help is appreciated
Regards:
Ibz
wasalam
Total 28 days
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:20 am

Sugarplum
Have you asked for a status update?
We applied the week before u, but I'm quite reluctant to ask for an update as I feel I'm being a bit impatient. This Friday will be 6 weeks, so half way to their service standards ..

Thanks

Mrs N

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:25 am

Mrs N wrote:Sugarplum
We applied the week before u, but I'm quite reluctant to ask for an update as I feel I'm being a bit impatient. This Friday will be 6 weeks, so half way to their service standards ..

Thanks

Mrs N
hello Mrs N hope your ok inshallah,
Iv asked for so many status updates these past couple of weeks like after every 2 days they kept giving me a reply saying still not been checked by eco yet everytime and im so bored and tired of asking now because there replying back with the same answer, I think im going to leave it for a couple of weeks now

When i applied on the 26th I recieved an email that it can take up to 26 weeks did you also receive this email x

inshallah hope all that are waiting get there visas soon inshallah ameen xx
Documents submitted in Mirpur on 26/11/14
Documents forwarded to BHC in Islamabad 26/11/14
Documents received in Islamabad 27/11/14
Documents not yet checked by ECO 05/12/14

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:26 am

Thanks

Mrs N
Salaam guys - i applied same time too but i havent asked for any updates yet. September applications are still being progressed so i reckon we've got a bit of a wait yet. Not too long In Sha Allah
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:52 am

I recieved an email from islamabad today stating 12 weeks for settlement and how they are meeting their standard service time length etc (12 weeks).

Did not get an email stating 24-26 weeks guys looks like the delay is done with now

Wakas
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:28 am

humawakas2014 wrote:I recieved an email from islamabad today stating 12 weeks for settlement and how they are meeting their standard service time length etc (12 weeks).

Did not get an email stating 24-26 weeks guys looks like the delay is done with now

Wakas
What exactly does it state in ur email? Mine says that their normal standard is 12 weeks but it won't be within 12 weeks and will take approx 24 weeks.

Does that mean the 12 weeks only apply to those who submitted more recently (as I suppose the back log is now gone and maybe in oct/nov they still had some to deal with)

Thanks

Mrs N

rajasohaibmaroof

Post by rajasohaibmaroof » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:41 am

Has anyone has their case put on hold for further enquiries? If so, how long did they wait to receive a call or to be granted visa/final response?

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:52 pm

rajasohaibmaroof wrote:Has anyone has their case put on hold for further enquiries? If so, how long did they wait to receive a call or to be granted visa/final response?
My app is delayed whilst further enquiries are being conducted. I don't know how long it will take but I am still waiting. Inshallah hopefully we will hear in January.
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

reggie123

Post by reggie123 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:25 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:
rajasohaibmaroof wrote:Has anyone has their case put on hold for further enquiries? If so, how long did they wait to receive a call or to be granted visa/final response?
My app is delayed whilst further enquiries are being conducted. I don't know how long it will take but I am still waiting. Inshallah hopefully we will hear in January.
Laiba,

What was your timeline.

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:20 pm

@reggie

I applied on the 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Visa Granted 28/04/15

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:08 pm

humawakas2014 wrote:I recieved an email from islamabad today stating 12 weeks for settlement and how they are meeting their standard service time length etc (12 weeks).

Wakas
hello when did u apply?

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:41 pm

Sugarplum786 wrote:

Wakas
hello when did u apply?
Sorry for the delayed response. We applied on Monday (29th dexember 2014) does not say anything about 24 weeks. I will copy and paste the email for you to read:

"Dear Customer,
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.
This email is to notify you that your UK visa application has been received at the British High Commission Islamabad and will now be prepared for assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Our published service standards state that we will process all non-settlement applications within 15 working days and all settlement applications within 12 weeks. We are currently meeting our service standard commitments and there are no forecasted delays to our service.
Please note: We strongly recommend that you do not book a flight to the UK until your visa application has been approved and you have collected your passport. We do not accept responsibility for any financial loss incurred as a result of delays in processing applications and we will not fast-track applications solely because of travel plans.
Once a decision has been made on your application we will email you to let you know. You will then be contacted by the Visa Application Centre with instructions on how to collect your documents. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.
In some circumstances, applications require further assessment which can take longer to process than our published customer service standards. If your application is going to take longer than expected we will let you know.
We would be grateful if you could keep your correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process of your application. If you need to contact us or would like to track the progress of your case, you can do so via our International Enquiry Service http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
British High Commission Islamabad
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi
UK Visas and Immigration is an operational command of the Home Office"
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:44 pm

humawakas2014 wrote:
Sugarplum786 wrote:

Wakas
hello when did u apply?
Sorry for the delayed response. We applied on Monday (29th dexember 2014) does not say anything about 24 weeks. I will copy and paste the email for you to read:

"Dear Customer,
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.
This email is to notify you that your UK visa application has been received at the British High Commission Islamabad and will now be prepared for assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Our published service standards state that we will process all non-settlement applications within 15 working days and all settlement applications within 12 weeks. We are currently meeting our service standard commitments and there are no forecasted delays to our service.
Please note: We strongly recommend that you do not book a flight to the UK until your visa application has been approved and you have collected your passport. We do not accept responsibility for any financial loss incurred as a result of delays in processing applications and we will not fast-track applications solely because of travel plans.
Once a decision has been made on your application we will email you to let you know. You will then be contacted by the Visa Application Centre with instructions on how to collect your documents. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.
In some circumstances, applications require further assessment which can take longer to process than our published customer service standards. If your application is going to take longer than expected we will let you know.
We would be grateful if you could keep your correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process of your application. If you need to contact us or would like to track the progress of your case, you can do so via our International Enquiry Service http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
British High Commission Islamabad
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi
UK Visas and Immigration is an operational command of the Home Office"

Thats really good mashallah I received an email saying it will take up to 24 weeks :'( i applied 26 november iv calculated it to about 4 weeks at the moment because of the days they have had off to cant wait long at all ! :((((((((( its really depressing waiting inshallah i hope our husbands are with us next year :(( happy new year everyone may all your wishes be successful inshallah ameen x

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:07 pm

Sugarplum786 wrote:

Thanks

Mrs N
hello Mrs N hope your ok inshallah,
Iv asked for so many status updates these past couple of weeks like after every 2 days they kept giving me a reply saying still not been checked by eco yet everytime and im so bored and tired of asking now because there replying back with the same answer, I think im going to leave it for a couple of weeks now

When i applied on the 26th I recieved an email that it can take up to 26 weeks did you also receive this email x

inshallah hope all that are waiting get there visas soon inshallah ameen xx
Im very reluctant to ask for a status update as this is my second application - the first time round i emailed a lot, and they started to ignore me, it got quite fiesty/brutal from my end cuz they took the absolute mick with me, i think its disgusting how they treat us as individuals. made me go round the hills for an answer which i already had several months before.. stupid people!

according to the recent post stating about the 12weeks, that means i am half way there with this friday being my the end of my 6th week, ive not accounted for the holidays but im hoping that we do hear within 12 weeks as our 12 weeks end on 13th february, and shortly after that is my anniversary, would be good to spend it with hubby in my country :-)

please keep me updated with any news/updates u recieve

thanks

Mrs N x

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:51 pm

Mrs N wrote:
Sugarplum786 wrote:

Im very reluctant to ask for a status update as this is my second application - the first time round i emailed a lot, and they started to ignore me, it got quite fiesty/brutal from my end cuz they took the absolute mick with me, i think its disgusting how they treat us as individuals. made me go round the hills for an answer which i already had several months before.. stupid people!

according to the recent post stating about the 12weeks, that means i am half way there with this friday being my the end of my 6th week, ive not accounted for the holidays but im hoping that we do hear within 12 weeks as our 12 weeks end on 13th february, and shortly after that is my anniversary, would be good to spend it with hubby in my country :-)

please keep me updated with any news/updates u recieve

thanks

Mrs N x
inshallah I hope you hear before then Mrs N your prayers are with us all x

xtr3m3
Newly Registered

Post by xtr3m3 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:11 pm

Salaam guys, I've been a lurker here for a while.
My wife got her visa today so I thought I'd post her timeline.

We applied In Islamabad on the 19th of September. Fee was paid online beforehand.
24 September 2014: Awaiting assessment by an ECO (standard email template stating it can take up to 36 weeks. :roll: )
30 December 2014: Application processed (email)
31 December 2014: Phone call to collect passport (No questions were asked - They called her dad's mobile phone.)
The visa was granted on the 29th of December.

[Edit]
Just noticed we're on page 786 8)

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:14 pm

xtr3m3 wrote:Salaam guys, I've been a lurker here for a while.

We applied In Islamabad on the 19th of September. Fee was paid online beforehand.
24 September 2014: Awaiting assessment by an ECO (standard email template stating it can take up to 36 weeks. :roll: )
31 December 2014: Phone call to collect passport (No questions were asked - They called her dad's mobile phone.)

[Edit]
congratulations wish you a happy successful life inshallah ameen x

xtr3m3
Newly Registered

Post by xtr3m3 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:18 pm

Sugarplum786 wrote: congratulations wish you a happy successful life inshallah ameen x
Thanks. Ameen.

Forgot to add, I remember someone mentioning that if you have a reference number in your email's subject, you're likely to be granted the visa. It was a few pages back, I think. I had two emails. One had the application number, and the other had a reference number.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:55 pm

xtr3m3 wrote:Salaam guys, I've been a lurker here for a while.

[Edit]
Mashallah congrats :) amazing news! Nice of u to share it with us all. Gives me some hope as wen i applied the email said it could take upto 36 weeks so im guessing thats not always the case. All th best for th future. Please keep us all in ur duwas. Stay blessed
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:18 pm

salam every body, please can some one post here the cover letter which his/her spouse used from Pakistan, of course you can delete or edit the personal information. I will be really grateful to the person who does respond my appeal. Thanks in advance
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:29 pm

@ket1 have you had any updates recently?
Processed 30/12/14
Visa Granted 28/04/15

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:53 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:@ket1 have you had any updates recently?
No sister jus that its in process what about u?
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:57 pm

ket1 , laiba1234 or someone else can you respond to my above post please?
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.