ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi guys .

It seems most of the case workers might be on holiday till 5th and some Aug applicants awaiting their final approval .

even though all the checks have been done by administrators .. we know case workers are the people who confirm and then approval letter ( All case workers are permanent employees and hence more chance of them going on Leave during christmas and new year ) .

Hence we all get same reply under consideration or still to be considered.

I bet by 9th Jan all Aug and most of september applicants will get their approvals so enjoy your Holidays

Happy new year guys ;-) they will make your new year memorable god bless everyone .

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:28 pm

[quote="maddysheffield"]@AngelStha haven't seen any messages from you any updates from you ?[/quote]

No Maddy.. Still waiting.. Called HO few times but still same reply.. ITS IN PROCESS..YOU HAVE TO WAIT... IT WILL TAKE 6 MONTHS.. BLA BLA BLA... So i made up my mind that.. will get news after new year only.... So For a time being enjoying this festive Season..>>>

Cheers buddy.. :P

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:36 pm

[quote="maddysheffield"]Hi guys .

It seems most of the case workers might be on holiday till 5th and some Aug applicants awaiting their final approval .

even though all the checks have been done by administrators .. we know case workers are the people who confirm and then approval letter ( All case workers are permanent employees and hence more chance of them going on Leave during christmas and new year ) .

[b]Hence we all get same reply under consideration or still to be considered.[/b]

[b]I bet by 9th Jan all Aug and most of september applicants will get their approvals so enjoy your Holidays[/b]

Happy new year guys ;-) they will make your new year memorable god bless everyone .[/quote]

-------- Hey Maddy .. i hope and wish this come true... Happy new year buddy...!!! :D :D :D

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Application sent: 17-12-2014
Acknow received: 27-12-2014
Biometric received: ??
Biometric recorded: ??
Approval date: ??

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:14 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:
Dec17 wrote:hi,
i applied under 10 years rule on 17th December can any one plz update my details on tracker ,payment taken on 19th dec still waiting for acknowledgement letter,my route to 10 years (8 years student 3 years DLR) .i came to UK on 18th October 2003 i finish my 10 years last year October i applied SET(LR) LAST YEAR but home office refused that i had gap between 30th August 2003 to 11th December 2004 102 days gap this is the only reason mention for my previous refusal so according to them my 10 years finished this year December 11th.last time they took 4 months for decision i don't know how long they will take this time ,in the mean time i applied reconsideration this year April soon as i got my previous refusal but till now i dint receive any replay ,i chased through MP they said with case worker i will receive the decision in due course but i think i made the new application now so my reconsideration will be invalid .

I have added your details on the tracker
Thanks a lot.

janibaba
Newly Registered

Post by janibaba » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:30 pm

i got to ask one question about my friend..
he lived 7 years on student visa and than he got 3 years discretionary leave to remain. he is nearly completing his 10 years in the Uk. will he be able to apply for ILR on Long Residency after completing his 10 lawful years. he has never left the country not even for 1 day. he lived 10 complete years in the uk no criminal records everything is clear. please if someone can give an appropriate answer that would be so helpful for him

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:52 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
i applied under 10 years rule on 17th December can any one plz update my details on tracker ,payment taken on 19th dec still waiting for acknowledgement letter,my route to 10 years (8 years student 3 years DLR) .i came to UK on 18th October 2003 i finish my 10 years last year October i applied SET(LR) LAST YEAR but home office refused that i had gap between 30th August 2003 to 11th December 2004 102 days gap this is the only reason mention for my previous refusal so according to them my 10 years finished this year December 11th.last time they took 4 months for decision i don't know how long they will take this time ,in the mean time i applied reconsideration this year April soon as i got my previous refusal but till now i dint receive any replay ,i chased through MP they said with case worker i will receive the decision in due course but i think i made the new application now so my reconsideration will be invalid .
Hi mate,could u pls explain about gap of 102 days,how did the HO considered that gap.did u not submit your application within 28 days if it was returned invalid.please share
Hi this is the exact refusal reason you are seeking indefinite leave to remain on the basis of having completed 10 years continuous lawful residence in the UK,it is noted in your immigration history that you entered the UK on 18 th October 2003.you then lawful leave in the UK until 30 August 2004 .on 31 August you applied out time for leave as a student ,however your application was reject on 10 September as you failed to submit mandatory documentation.on 11 October 2004 you applied out of time for leave to remain as a student,however your application was reject on 25 October 2004 due to fee issues.on 08 November 2004 you applied out time for leave to remain as a student ,this time your application was successful and you were issued leave to remain on 11 December 2004 valid until 30 may 2005 .it must be pointed out that any time spent following the submission of an out of time application awaiting for consideration of the application is not considered lawful even if that application is subsequently granted.there for you did not have any valid leave in the UK BETWEEN 30 AUGUST 2004 WHEN YOUR LEAVE TO ENTER AS A STUDENT EXPIRED UNTIL 11 DECEMBER 2004 WHEN YOU WERE NEXT GRANTED LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK,A PERIOD OF 102 DAYS.THERE FOR YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED 10 YEARS CONTINUOUS LAWFUL RESIDENCE AND YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF PARAGRAPH 276B(i)(a)

alam_m

Post by alam_m » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:14 am

Hi
Could you please add my daughter's application ( she will be 14 on the 2nd Jan '15) details in the time line :

10 yr residence based ILR application sent : 15/12/2014
Acknowledgement received : 19/12/2014
Biometric letter sent by UKBA: 23/12/2014
Biometric done: 30/12/2014

Waiting for the good result. Allah Rahmanur Rahim.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:38 am

alam_m wrote:Hi
Could you please add my daughter's application ( she will be 14 on the 2nd Jan '15) details in the time line :

10 yr residence based ILR application sent : 15/12/2014
Acknowledgement received : 19/12/2014
Biometric letter sent by UKBA: 23/12/2014
Biometric done: 30/12/2014

Waiting for the good result. Allah Rahmanur Rahim.
Hello, Details added to timeline.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:15 am

janibaba wrote:i got to ask one question about my friend..
he lived 7 years on student visa and than he got 3 years discretionary leave to remain. he is nearly completing his 10 years in the Uk. will he be able to apply for ILR on Long Residency after completing his 10 lawful years. he has never left the country not even for 1 day. he lived 10 complete years in the uk no criminal records everything is clear. please if someone can give an appropriate answer that would be so helpful for him
Yes your friend qualified for ILR on 10 years basis because all his visa was lawful irrespective of whether it descretionary or not.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:27 am

To All members,

Have a wonderful New year ......... May all your wishes get's fulfilled and as Babajj says Respect the rules of Land once you get approvals .

I would like to add show compassion and help the needy and make a difference to at least one persons life after you get ILR's definitely other that you and your family ;-)

Be considerate to other people's beliefs and respect True British Values . because you chose to live in this country .

Have a wonderful New year to all.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:43 am

Dec17 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:
Hi mate,could u pls explain about gap of 102 days,how did the HO considered that gap.did u not submit your application within 28 days if it was returned invalid.please share
Hi this is the exact refusal reason you are seeking indefinite leave to remain on the basis of having completed 10 years continuous lawful residence in the UK,it is noted in your immigration history that you entered the UK on 18 th October 2003.you then lawful leave in the UK until 30 August 2004 .on 31 August you applied out time for leave as a student ,however your application was reject on 10 September as you failed to submit mandatory documentation.on 11 October 2004 you applied out of time for leave to remain as a student,however your application was reject on 25 October 2004 due to fee issues.on 08 November 2004 you applied out time for leave to remain as a student ,this time your application was successful and you were issued leave to remain on 11 December 2004 valid until 30 may 2005 .it must be pointed out that any time spent following the submission of an out of time application awaiting for consideration of the application is not considered lawful even if that application is subsequently granted.there for you did not have any valid leave in the UK BETWEEN 30 AUGUST 2004 WHEN YOUR LEAVE TO ENTER AS A STUDENT EXPIRED UNTIL 11 DECEMBER 2004 WHEN YOU WERE NEXT GRANTED LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK,A PERIOD OF 102 DAYS.THERE FOR YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED 10 YEARS CONTINUOUS LAWFUL RESIDENCE AND YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF PARAGRAPH 276B(i)(a)
@Dec,thanks for sharing your refusal reason but i believe if you would had made an in time application at the first stage then it might would not had broken your lawful continuity but it seems to me that when you applied for your first extension,you made out of time application but it is very surprising that you made out of time application with only one day gap and they forgot the rule of 28 days.

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:02 pm

Spoke with HO yet again today.

1st comment:
The case has not yet been allocated to case worker

2nd comment:
You will hear from HO very soon

Aint that conflicting in itself???

I then ask how do you prioritise the cases?
She goes that cases are taken as per application submission basis.
I asked then how come some Sep application are decided before Aug applications?
She goes that each case worker team is alloted set of cases and each team take their own time to complete a case. Thats why sometimes there are reasonable variations!

pakstar

Post by pakstar » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:14 pm

pakstar wrote:Applied ILR (LR) by post

Application sent 01.12.2014
Ackn letter 08.12.2014
Bio letter 17.12.2014
Bio enroll 19.12.2014
Decision Date awaiting
Doc return awaiting

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi, I got the bio invitation today straight a way enrolled it now waiting for the good news. Happy new year every one .

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:31 pm

one of my friends got refused today
applied 26/8/14
he came to uk in 2004 on the student visa, applied for entrepreneur visa from psw in april 2013 and was refused.went to appeal and upper tribunal dismissed the appeal in june 2014. applied for entrepreneur visa again in july 2014 and got it in august 2014. applied for ILR LR in august2014 but they refused today saying that he had a gap from april 2013 to august 2014.they didnot consider the time spent in the appeal process

please advise.

peace84

Post by peace84 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:42 pm

sajnan wrote:one of my friends got refused today
applied 26/8/14
he came to uk in 2004 on the student visa, applied for entrepreneur visa from psw in april 2013 and was refused.went to appeal and upper tribunal dismissed the appeal in june 2014. applied for entrepreneur visa again in july 2014 and got it in august 2014. applied for ILR LR in august2014 but they refused today saying that he had a gap from april 2013 to august 2014.they didnot consider the time spent in the appeal process

please advise.
sorry to hear that, After refused can he still continue leaving on his previous leave to remain i.e. entrepreneur visa ?

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:24 pm

peace84 wrote:
applied 26/8/14

please advise.
sorry to hear that, After refused can he still continue leaving on his previous leave to remain i.e. entrepreneur visa ?[/quote
old status remains valid

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:24 pm

yhdil wrote:Spoke with HO yet again today.

1st comment:
The case has not yet been allocated to case worker

2nd comment:
You will hear from HO very soon

Aint that conflicting in itself???

I then ask how do you prioritise the cases?
She goes that cases are taken as per application submission basis.
I asked then how come some Sep application are decided before Aug applications?
She goes that each case worker team is alloted set of cases and each team take their own time to complete a case. Thats why sometimes there are reasonable variations!

Hi guys .

Hence we all get same reply under consideration or still to be considered.

I bet by 9th Jan all Aug and most of september applicants will get their approvals so enjoy your Holidays

Happy new year guys ;-) they will make your new year memorable god bless everyone .

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:38 pm

sajnan wrote:
peace84 wrote:
applied 26/8/14

please advise.
sorry to hear that, After refused can he still continue leaving on his previous leave to remain i.e. entrepreneur visa ?[/quote
old status remains valid
anyone? is this a mistake or home office is justified?

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:35 pm

@ shahfurqan"
Ya, I had the same question and I made reconsideration request -April till now I don't get any response it's more than 8 months now anyway I made the new application now but I wonder home office still consider my reconsideration request ?? I made a phone call to them today they told me it's with the caseworker to deside .but some one told me soon as I made the new application my previous request will be cancelled . Is it true??

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:27 pm

sajnan wrote:
peace84 wrote:
applied 26/8/14

please advise.
old status remains valid
appeal peirod is legitimate. i dont understand why they consideder as a gap and refuse your visa. I guess it must be mistake, ask senior member here. But i am defo sure your appeal time is legal and it should counted for your 10 years.
jignesh

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:51 pm

Might be that he applied Enterpre visa after crossing 28 days

quote="sajnan"]
peace84 wrote:
applied 26/8/14

please advise.
old status remains valid[/quote]

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:51 pm

[quote="vinny"][quote= Vinny

Could you please help here:

sajnan wrote:
one of my friends got refused today
applied 26/8/14

please advise.

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:55 pm

he re-applied the entrepreneur visa well within 28 days of the upper tribunal decision.