ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Tier 2 Dependent visa from Germany

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rahul kumar
Newly Registered

Change of Tier 2 Dependent visa from Germany

Post by Rahul kumar » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:08 am

Hello all,

I am currently staying in Germany and i recently ( June 2014 ) got UK tier 2 dependent visa from Germany. But now as my wife got a new job she is going to quit the current job and take the new tier 2 employer sponsored visa. I have some following queries for applying new tier 2 dependent visa for myself in Germany as well :

1. Do i need to apply a complete new tier 2 dependent visa starting all the procedures from the scratch ? or is there any option of changing tier 2 dependent visa i.e visa transfer with some minimal needed procedures ?

2. If there is a option of changing tier 2 dependent procedures, not applying from the scratch, could you please provide me the link where can i read more about it to make a note of needed documents and procedures?

3. If i need to apply complete new dependent visa, do i need pay the same amount as i did for the first time? and do i need my wife's bank account statements with sufficient funds for last 3 months ?

I would be very happy if you could help me clarifying these queries.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Change of Tier 2 Dependent visa from Germany

Post by manci » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:55 pm

1 new application needed
2 n/a
3 what is your wife's current immigration status?

cooldreamboy
Newly Registered

Post by cooldreamboy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:00 am

@Rahul Kumar: I have a similar situation as you have. Can you tell me your current situation?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:09 pm

@Rahul Kumar
new information has come to light since my Sept post (above).

You don't need a new visa now provided your current PBS dependant visa is still valid.
There is no requirement to re-apply for PBS dependant leave just because the main applicant's sponsor changed. The dependant visa is not linked to the sponsor only the main applicant's is.

You'll need to apply before the expiry of your or the main applicant's leave, whichever is sooner.

cooldreamboy
Newly Registered

Post by cooldreamboy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:29 am

@manci:

I got the dependent visa on May 2014 since then I was living in UK but in sep-2014 I left UK and came to Germany. My dependent visa is valid till June 2015. It means I have stayed 4 months outside of UK, now can I travel to UK? For how many months you can live outside on UK?