ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK previously granted leave (ILR, SET O, MN1,

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahuls

Re: Child born in UK previously granted leave (ILR, SET O, M

Post by rahuls » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Thanks Vinny.

I have been searching this forum to find any case where somebody has traveled with his child on dependent visa with parent on ILR. But I did not find any such case.

I also went through the immigration rules and the paragraphs that you had suggested (319C and 319E and clause 7.20 in Explanatory Memorandum), as I mentioned in my previous post, but there is no explicit mention of the scenario in which I am finding myself in.

In your response you have mentioned that you "think" that it should not be a problem. I am just a bit nervous as you did not confirm the same.

Do I have any reason to be nervous? Would you suggest sending an enquiry to UKBA for the same? If yes then is ukbapublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk the right email id for sending this query to.

Sorry for being repetitive in my queries but I just wanted to be sure about it.

Thanks and sincerely appreciate your help in this matter.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:37 pm

I think that your child is in a stronger position than a ILR holder's (via Long Residence) dependants.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rahuls

Post by rahuls » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:25 am

Thanks a lot Vinny, this is quite reassuring.

vicky.h
Newly Registered

Post by vicky.h » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi I was just applying for the returns of document form as I need them urgently I have applied for my daughter's MN1 she currently holds a tier 2 dependent visa(valid till december 2015) and we are on ILR .
It says following
"if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK"

Does that means if I travel with my daughter to India with her Tier 2 biometric card she will be refused entry and her application will be withdrawn.