ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oj.bulmer

Dependent Tier 2 visa

Post by oj.bulmer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:18 am

Hi

I am currently in the UK on tier 2 general visa and wanted to bring my wife in on a dependent visa. I am presently living in a shared accommodation, and my bank statement that is used as proof of maintenance shows the same address. Of course in the application form where main applicant's details are asked, I will be providing the same address. But I am shifting to a new flat on 18 January and in the application form where it asks where my wife will be staying, I will be using the new address and will provide a tenancy agreement which shows the date as 18 January. But if my wife applies for visa before that date, will there be any problem, since there are two different addresses involved.

Thanks!

cooldreamboy
Newly Registered

Re: Dependent Tier 2 visa

Post by cooldreamboy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:33 am

Provide the address which is valid at the time when your wife applies for visa. These things wont be a problem.

oj.bulmer

Post by oj.bulmer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:43 am

That is the dilemma actually. The new contract starts at 18 January. Can my wife apply before that, given that the intended date of travel specified in the application is 30 January or later? It would be a shame if she had to wait until 18 January just so that the new address becomes valid :?

cooldreamboy
Newly Registered

Post by cooldreamboy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:18 pm

Change of address won't be a problem. If she is applying before 18th Jan put the old address otherwise new address.

I would say put the old address because yr all documents like maintenance docs..etc are on old address. Visa people see that she is actually coming and living with you at the same address.

oj.bulmer

Post by oj.bulmer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:43 pm

Ok, now we are getting to the crux of the question I am asking. Sorry for being elaborate/repetitive but I would be glad if this is clarified.

For the sake of simplicity, let's say she applies on or after 18 January. The only address that goes in the form is the one where she will be staying.

Then,

1) If I put current address, then I have to provide my current tenancy agreement which states I am living in a room of shared accommodation of 5 bedrooms. With 5 people already living in, it is not legal to accommodate one more. So that would be a problem.

2) If I put new address, then I would have to wait until 18 January to change the bank's address and then send that to my wife. This international delivery would further delay the application. While, if I put new address but provide the bank statement with current address, then there will be two addresses, increasing confusion. This is the dilemma.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:22 pm

tenancy agreement is not required for PBS dependant applications and she can enter the UK any time during the validity period of her visa

oj.bulmer

Post by oj.bulmer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi Manci,

Thanks for chiming in, always great to read your definitive replies. I do understand that tenancy agreement is not required for a PBS dependent, but my wife would have to specify in the application form where she would live. My only question is, can this address (new address) be different than the one on my bank statement (my present address) used as maintenance proof? Do caseworkers insist that these two addresses should be same?

Thanks!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:12 am

To forestall questions by the ECO suggest you notify UKVI (and your sponsor) of your new address on a change of circumstances form making a note on it that the change will take effect on 18 Jan. Your wife should then submit a copy of this form with her other documents and perhaps also a covering letter from you confirming the change of address.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

oj.bulmer

Post by oj.bulmer » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:27 am

Thanks Manci. Yes this sounds like a great idea. I had earlier used this website to change my address: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml

I was wondering if I can use the same now, but I do not see any field for "date of effect" in this website form, where I can specify that the change of address will take place on 18 January. So I think the postal form is the only option.

I also have another query. After our marriage she is living with my parents (the permanent address on my passport). Now she has to specify her permanent address on the application form. Which one should she use as her permanent address, mine (as mentioned on on my passport) or hers (as mentioned on her passport)?

Thanks a lot :)

oj.bulmer

Post by oj.bulmer » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Any thoughts, manci?