ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moderators plz help 10 Years ILR, is it a gap or not accordi

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bigboy86

moderators plz help 10 Years ILR, is it a gap or not accordi

Post by Bigboy86 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:19 pm

hi guys

i have applied for ilr on the basis of LR on 13 october. i was just going through my SAR REPORT and i found on the summary page that in 2006 my application for student extension was returned to me due to some issues with the bank statement. i then went into the actual notes of that year where it was described by the caseworker that the bank statement was not appropriate and application returned. when i resent the application i didn't have valid visa but in the new notes for returned application i noticed that it was written INTIME APPLICATION. now by reading different posts i assume that my application would not have been INTIME but i am confused as it says in the caseworker comments that it is INTIME.
i just wanted to get some idea so i can be prepared for what might come.

any comments will be much appreciated.
thanks

riz1986

Re: moderators plz help 10 Years ILR, is it a gap or not acc

Post by riz1986 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:14 pm

well if in ur SAR it says Intime then why u stressing out.Its already been submitted so jus wait for the outcome n hope everything work out fine.

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:47 pm

anyone else have any comments please

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:25 pm

vinny wrote:Note that from 1st August 2003 until 29 February 2008, they were supposed to request extra details and give you 28 days to respond before declaring an application as invalid.
So, shouldn't be a gap, if you replied within 28 days.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:09 pm

vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:Note that from 1st August 2003 until 29 February 2008, they were supposed to request extra details and give you 28 days to respond before declaring an application as invalid.

thanks a lot vinny
you are really a life saver
you have literally prevented me from loosing half of my head hairs

Bigboy86

Re: brother vinny plz help ILR LR is it a gap one brov got r

Post by Bigboy86 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:20 pm

Bigboy86 wrote:
vinny wrote:

thanks a lot vinny
you are really a life saver
you have literally prevented me from loosing half of my head hairs
hi vinny i am really grateful for your reply but i just came across this post by one of the brother who got rejected same situation as mine explained above. would you please like to put some thoughts and your opinion into this.
i would really appreciate your help

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1136215

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:58 am

vinny wrote:
mian-suraj wrote:hi guys,
if u guys been familiar with my history they refused me on following
2.. applied for student extension 9-12-2005
payment methos was wrong(though it was right) --invalid application return on 21 dec 2005
submitted after giving same bank details again invalid application return 12 jan 2006 submitted next day with postal order and got visa on 27th jan 2006
visa valid from 27-jan 2006 to 30 june 2006.

HO SAID I BROKE MY CONTINUITY HERE. HO is saying i m overstayed here by 36 days.
BUT I M REALLY SURPRISE BECAUSE THEY MENTION in different guidelines THAT IF IN-TIME APPLICATION HAPPEN TO BE INVALID THEN U HAVE ANOTHER 28 DAYS FROM THE RECEIVING of NOTICE OF INVALIDITY
BUT SEEMS LIKE IN MY case HO COMPLETELY FORGET IT.
anyways lets face it,,,
guys do remember me in ur prayer that what i need the most
Regards
Refusal was incorrect.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

adrianmark2k
Newly Registered

16 days short for 10 years long residency. Moderators plz he

Post by adrianmark2k » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm a new member to this site, but previously I've come across a lot of useful information from a lot of informative members here. I'll come to the point.... I came to the Uk on a student visa in June 2006, by next year I wish to apply for my 10 year long residency (ILR). My details are as below:-
1) Entered the uk- 09.06.2006
2) Current visa Expiry date - 24.05.2016 (HSMP)

My Questions- 1) I am 16 days shot of my 10 years residence anniversary! How could I apply for my ILR ? Any possibility to extend my stay??
2) What are the basic documents required ? Apart from my passports, life in the uk pass and English language (uk Naric recognised qualification). Any other documents to make my case strong?

Please your feedback will be much appreciated. And for members who's visa was granted in line with 10 year long residence route, kindly share your detailed experience while your ILR was granted.
Thank you for your precious Time and hoping to hear some positive responses. :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:16 am

1) No problem. Just make your application in-time, no sooner than 28 days before the completion of your 10-year qualifying period.

adrianmark2k
Newly Registered

Post by adrianmark2k » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:50 pm

vinny wrote:1) No problem. Just make your application in-time, no sooner than 28 days before the completion of your 10-year qualifying period.

Thanks Vinny thanks for your prompt reply. I appreciate the information you provided me. According to you response, I will post my application a week before my visa expires.