ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Benefits Queries After ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Claiming Benefits Queries After ILR

Post by tehminamazher » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi Seniors,

I have few queries regarding claiming benefits after ILR

1) How much the Child Benefit can be backdated.
We need to send the original birth certficate of the child born in UK and the original BRPs or copies are acceptable?
What documents we need for the child born abroad?

2) I plan to apply for my son's MN1, which one to do first to avoid complications a) apply for child benefit or b) send MN1 form for my son

3) Any link from where we can downlaod Child and working tax credit form.? Also how far CTC and WTC can be back dated.

Thnaks in advance as always.

TM

Malik44

Re: Claiming Benefits Queries After ILR

Post by Malik44 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:25 am

tehminamazher wrote:Hi Seniors,

I have few queries regarding claiming benefits after ILR

1) How much the Child Benefit can be backdated.

up-to maximum 3 months

We need to send the original birth certficate of the child born in UK and the original BRPs or copies are acceptable?
What documents we need for the child born abroad?

Original UK child birth certificate and copies of parents ILR if then need to see original they will write to you.http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/ccmmanual/ccm20390.htm

2) I plan to apply for my son's MN1, which one to do first to avoid complications a) apply for child benefit or b) send MN1 form for my son

You can apply both togather child benefit or CTC don't effect MN1 application

3) Any link from where we can downlaod Child and working tax credit form.? Also how far CTC and WTC can be back dated.

for child and working tax credit form you need to ring HMRC ask them to send you form in post
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -enquiries
and child tax credit and working tax credit can be maximum backdated upto 1 month.

Thnaks in advance as always.

TM

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:34 am

Thanks Mr Malik,

One of my colleague who recently got ILR wa ssaying that the familys who recently got ILR are only eligible to apply for Child Benefit.

They cant apply for Housing Benefit, CTC and WTC.

Please can u or some senior confirm this

Thanks

TM

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:20 pm

tehminamazher wrote:Thanks Mr Malik,

One of my colleague who recently got ILR wa ssaying that the familys who recently got ILR are only eligible to apply for Child Benefit.

They cant apply for Housing Benefit, CTC and WTC.

Please can u or some senior confirm this

Thanks

TM
your collegue has given wrong information. if parents got ILR , then they can claim all the benefits.