ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form For ILR dependent not qualifying for ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pathikvashi
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Form For ILR dependent not qualifying for ILR

Post by pathikvashi » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi Guys,

Just needed a bit of help. I will be applying for ILR mid Feb 2015 after being on Tier 1 General for 5 years. My wife who has been with me in the UK from January 2013 does not yet qualify for ILR however her Tier 1 General dependent leave to remain expires along with me around mid March 2015.

As my wife does not qualify for ILR yet I wonder which form should I use for her leave to remain in UK? Also as I intend to apply by post can we apply together (on same form) or do I have to apply for my ILR first before applying leave to remain for my wife? How does it work?

Pathik

vinny

Re: Form For ILR dependent not qualifying for ILR

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:09 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pathikvashi
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by pathikvashi » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks Vinny.

This is helpful. Is my wife required to appear for IELTS again or will she be to use her credit from last time when she applied for entry clearance in 2012 before coming to UK.

pathikvashi
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by pathikvashi » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:46 am

and lastly even though I am applying for ILR my wife will still be able to apply under Tier 1 General dependent. Is that correct?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:00 pm

I cannot see why she required IELTS under 319C in the first place?

Yes, she may extend as a PBS dependent, if you granted ILR under PBS.

Her application may be made at the same time as yours (319C(b)(iii)). But, obviously, yours should be considered first.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.