ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tiffin
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by tiffin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi All, A very happy new year to all readers.

I am due to apply for ILR based Long Term Residency very soon, have few qq, request someone with experience to shed some light(trying to make it short so not to sound like an essay)

brief history (all in time & 180 hols in total):
Jan05-jan10- Student
jan10-nov2011-PSW
nov-2011-dec2014:TIER2
sep2014-apr2017:early ext on TIER2

A:last year i travelled to Europe by car (got schengen visa for 10days) for 9 days. there was no checking/stamping when i was leaving but on my way back to uk, i got stamped at calais. (thus only 1 entry stamp). my question, can this be an issue while calcing the no. of days outside UK ?(even though visa clearly was only for 10 days, so couldn't have stayed any more that that) Should i provide Euro tunnel booking to prove time of leaving and coming back?

B:I have SAR file, should i just take the first page of each application to prove all in time applications(which shows app received time stamp and decision made stamp)?

C:Should i add a covering letter at all if yes the do i include all leaves with passport stamps details like below eg. ?

|Passport pages| |Abroad Arrival Stamps| |Abroad Departure Stamps| |UK Arrival Stamps| |Total Absences|
|12,14| |- 25-Jan-05| |25-Jan-05| |First entry|
|16,19| |09-May-05| |19-May-05| |19-May-05| |10|
|9,18| |01-Jan-06| |25-Jan-06| |26-Jan-06| |26|
|Total 36|

Are B & C worth doing or will that cause more paper work for caseworker, causing more time to work on application..

Thx

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:51 pm

tiffin wrote:Hi All, A very happy new year to all readers.

I am due to apply for ILR based Long Term Residency very soon, have few qq, request someone with experience to shed some light(trying to make it short so not to sound like an essay)

brief history (all in time & 180 hols in total):
Jan05-jan10- Student
jan10-nov2011-PSW
nov-2011-dec2014:TIER2
sep2014-apr2017:early ext on TIER2

A:last year i travelled to Europe by car (got schengen visa for 10days) for 9 days. there was no checking/stamping when i was leaving but on my way back to uk, i got stamped at calais. (thus only 1 entry stamp). my question, can this be an issue while calcing the no. of days outside UK ?(even though visa clearly was only for 10 days, so couldn't have stayed any more that that) Should i provide Euro tunnel booking to prove time of leaving and coming back?

B:I have SAR file, should i just take the first page of each application to prove all in time applications(which shows app received time stamp and decision made stamp)?

C:Should i add a covering letter at all if yes the do i include all leaves with passport stamps details like below eg. ?

|Passport pages| |Abroad Arrival Stamps| |Abroad Departure Stamps| |UK Arrival Stamps| |Total Absences|
|12,14| |- 25-Jan-05| |25-Jan-05| |First entry|
|16,19| |09-May-05| |19-May-05| |19-May-05| |10|
|9,18| |01-Jan-06| |25-Jan-06| |26-Jan-06| |26|
|Total 36|

Are B & C worth doing or will that cause more paper work for caseworker, causing more time to work on application..

Thx
@tiffin,if you never had any problem in your extensions during the past ten years and your absences outside uk are less than 540 days then your case is pretty straight forward and you do not need to attach subject access request each sheet explaining your application was in time as they have got all your data in computers so avoid unnecessary documentations which would not help and yes as for as your absences are concerned and you want to make a cover note along with entry/exit or even with passport page numbers,it could ease your case for them.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Dec17 wrote:@ shahfurqan"
Ya, I had the same question and I made reconsideration request -April till now I don't get any response it's more than 8 months now anyway I made the new application now but I wonder home office still consider my reconsideration request ?? I made a phone call to them today they told me it's with the caseworker to deside .but some one told me soon as I made the new application my previous request will be cancelled . Is it true??
@dec,mate honestly i do not hold accurate information about your query so kindly wait for the senior members to comment

tiffin
Newly Registered

Post by tiffin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:30 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
@tiffin,if you never had any problem in your extensions during the past ten years and your absences outside uk are less than 540 days then your case is pretty straight forward and you do not need to attach subject access request each sheet explaining your application was in time as they have got all your data in computers so avoid unnecessary documentations which would not help and yes as for as your absences are concerned and you want to make a cover note along with entry/exit or even with passport page numbers,it could ease your case for them.

Hi Shahfurqn, thanks for your advice. With respect to extensions,
During one of the student extensions i was asked for further documents like payslips, employment contract etc out of which i provided as much as i could, then after a couple of more letters requesting for more documents, then in the end approx after 2.5 months i got extension. this caused difference between old visa epiry and the new visa starting. All this time they had my passport under processing, so I am assuming this does not count as break..

King_tier1

ILR Query

Post by King_tier1 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:51 pm

I came to UK on 28/01/2005 and I understand that my eligibility starts from 01/01/2015 through 10 year route. Last year (March 2013) I been stopped during a train journey for not having tickets covering full length of journey and Revenue Protection officer took my address details and signature. He advised me that follow up will come through post and no correspondence received until today. There were no other criminal convictions/fines I have during this 10 years. Dear forum members, Kindly advise should I mention this on my application or I can ignore since/may be train company decided not to proceed with case? What if they start communication during waiting period for ILR (avg 14 weeks atm)
Last edited by King_tier1 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi the_onebd,

Congrats you got your approval. Can u please tell us weather you have send return special delivery envelop.

Thanks
Ali

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:20 pm

hi guys

i have applied for ilr on the basis of LR on 13 october. i was just going through my SAR REPORT and i found on the summary page that in 2006 my application for student extension was returned to me due to some issues with the bank statement. i then went into the actual notes of that year where it was described by the caseworker that the bank statement was not appropriate and application returned. when i resent the application i didn't have valid visa but in the new notes for returned application i noticed that it was written INTIME APPLICATION. now by reading different posts i assume that my application would not have been INTIME but i am confused as it says in the caseworker comments that it is INTIME.
i just wanted to get some idea so i can be prepared for what might come.

any comments will be much appreciated.
thanks

peace84

Post by peace84 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:48 pm

I planning to request SAR report to find out whether I made my visa application on time in 2007 (as this extension done by some agent and I have no knowledge when he submitted)
However in the SAR form I need to tick “Types of records required”
Can anyone tell which is more appropriate options to tick to know the information about when visa applied?
1. Visa application records
2. Home Office case files

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 23/sar.pdf

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:03 pm

tiffin wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:

Hi Shahfurqn, thanks for your advice. With respect to extensions,
During one of the student extensions i was asked for further documents like payslips, employment contract etc out of which i provided as much as i could, then after a couple of more letters requesting for more documents, then in the end approx after 2.5 months i got extension. this caused difference between old visa epiry and the new visa starting. All this time they had my passport under processing, so I am assuming this does not count as break..
No it will not be counted as a break in continuity.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:04 pm

peace84 wrote:I planning to request SAR report to find out whether I made my visa application on time in 2007 (as this extension done by some agent and I have no knowledge when he submitted)
Can anyone tell which is more appropriate options to tick to know the information about when visa applied?

#

@peace,only and only tick the option(All data held by ukba)

peace84

Post by peace84 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:10 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
peace84 wrote:I planning to request SAR report to find out whether I made my visa application on time in 2007 (as this extension done by some agent and I have no knowledge when he submitted)

#

"All data held by ukba" option may take longer to provide me the information as I am looking something asap and for your info that I already applied SET(LR) on 1stsept2014.

if I tick 1,2 should not that be enough ?
Last edited by peace84 on Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Query

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:13 pm

King_tier1 wrote:I came to UK on 28/01/2015 and I understand that my eligibility starts from 01/01/2015 through 10 year route. Last year (March 2013) I been stopped during a train journey for not having tickets covering full length of journey and Revenue Protection officer took my address details and signature. He advised me that follow up will come through post and no correspondence received until today. There were no other criminal convictions/fines I have during this 10 years. Dear forum members, Kindly advise should I mention this on my application or I can ignore since/may be train company decided not to proceed with case? What if they start communication during waiting period for ILR (avg 14 weeks atm)

mate you still have over three weeks to arrive into uk as per the dates mentioned.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:15 pm

peace84 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:

#

"All data held by ukba" option may take longer to provide me the information as I am looking something asap.

well that is the most suitable in my option but if you looking for some specific documents the go for the home office case files but it does not mean you will receive it in two weeks time as they normally takes between forty to forty five days.

peace84

Post by peace84 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:20 pm

I am in the tracker as M2A but it displaying M.. (after LastPhase1 excel row) can anyone please amend that user name as peace84 .

Applied on 1stSept2014,
Bio received: 23Sept2014, enrolled 24Sept2014
ACK dated: 03sept2014

peace84

Post by peace84 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:28 pm

peace84 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:

#

"All data held by ukba" option may take longer to provide me the information as I am looking something asap and for your info that I already applied SET(LR) on 1stsept2014.

@shahfurqan: Do you think it worth to apply for SAR? As I already submitted my app on 1st September 2014 ?

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:24 pm

@peace,you should had applied before moving your application to home office so my advise is to sit tight and now wait for the decision as you applied on 1st september so it should not be taking long now.you already waiting for your application and then you gonna wait for your SAR everyday so whats the point and i believe you should be able to receive your approval within the next two weeks.so chill out

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:18 pm

hi
just wanted to ask is there were any major changes in the rules re ILR on long term residence basis for main applicant or his dependants happened in last six months?? pls let me know.

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:21 pm

shahfurqan wrote:@peace,you should had applied before moving your application to home office so my advise is to sit tight and now wait for the decision as you applied on 1st september so it should not be taking long now.you already waiting for your application and then you gonna wait for your SAR everyday so whats the point and i believe you should be able to receive your approval within the next two weeks.so chill out
Someone is getting cold feet, stay put n wait for the Home Office to respond. If they need any further information from you they will contact you.

@Peace stay peaceful n calm like your name

In the meanwhile just chill n respect the laws of the land :-)
Last edited by baba JJ on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

the_onebd
Newly Registered

Post by the_onebd » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:38 am

the_onebd wrote:Hi All

By the grace of Almighty Allah, I've finally received the BRP this morning with ILR stamp on it! I'm still waiting for my docs and passport but have got the BRP which is more important I guess.

My previous leave was DLR which was due to expire on 2nd April 2015.

My timeline:

Posted: 26/08/2014
HO Acknowledgement dated: 28/08/2014
Bio Invitation received: 24/09/2014
Bio Done: 25/09/2014
BRP received: 30/12/2014
Docs: Waiting

I'll update the google spreadsheet once I receive my docs. Thanks to everybody here for their kind support. Its been very tough four months, so to everybody who is still waiting, be patient, your patience will be surely rewarded.

Good luck! :)
Hi Guys,

I received my docs same day i.e., on 30/12/2014, two hours after receiving my BRP! Got so excited that forgot this update this board. I'll update the doc list now and wish you all a Happy new year with lots of good news on upcoming days!

Just have patience, you long waits will be rewarded! :)

GL all

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:03 am

the_onebd wrote:
the_onebd wrote:Hi All

By the grace of Almighty Allah, I've finally received the BRP this morning with ILR stamp on it! I'm still waiting for my docs and passport but have got the BRP which is more important I guess.

My previous leave was DLR which was due to expire on 2nd April 2015.

My timeline:

Posted: 26/08/2014
HO Acknowledgement dated: 28/08/2014
Bio Invitation received: 24/09/2014
Bio Done: 25/09/2014
BRP received: 30/12/2014
Docs: Waiting

I'll update the google spreadsheet once I receive my docs. Thanks to everybody here for their kind support. Its been very tough four months, so to everybody who is still waiting, be patient, your patience will be surely rewarded.

Good luck! :)
Hi Guys,

I received my docs same day i.e., on 30/12/2014, two hours after receiving my BRP! Got so excited that forgot this update this board. I'll update the doc list now and wish you all a Happy new year with lots of good news on upcoming days!

Just have patience, you long waits will be rewarded! :)

GL all
Congratulations brother enjoy your freedom and as usual continue respecting and abiding by the rules of the land :D
Last edited by baba JJ on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dec22
Newly Registered

Post by Dec22 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:21 am

Hi All.

Do I have to sent FLR(M) application for my dependent same time as i sent my SET(LR) application. or thay can wait untill their visa expire next year.

Thanks
Dec22

Tabassumps
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Tabassumps » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:43 am

Hi

Its better to get your status first.

May I ask, Ur Current visa ? Because If you are on PBS Visa, Beware of switching to SET LR , Your Dependents Clock will reset to Zero...

Good Luck Anyways !!
Last edited by Tabassumps on Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:47 am

Dec22 wrote:Hi All.

I am confused. I sent my SET(LR) application on 22nd December, Home office received it on 23rd of December and payment is deducted on 24th Dec(i can see this on my bank statement).

I did not received any acknowledgement letter from home office yet.

I have contacted home office today and they are not able to find my SET(LR) application detail in their computer.

is this something to worry about ? or is this their normal process not to have my record in their computer ?

Thanks
Dec22
@Dec22 ,

1. usually it takes 1-3 weeks to get acknowledgement by post ( email too ) so it too early to worry .

2. You have a proof that you made application ( receipt from post office ) Payment was taken out too ( Bank statement ) so Nothing to worry at all :-)

Just because its holiday time things get delayed a bit so wait till Wednesday next week and call them for more information . Your application is still to be entered on to the log data base due to Christmas and New year holidays :-) ... and some times the advisor's don't give you proper information too ..

I can totally understand how it feels just to let you know it happened to me too so please do wait till wednesday and you might get some concrete answers ;-)

King_tier1

Re: ILR Query

Post by King_tier1 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:48 am

shahfurqan wrote:
King_tier1 wrote:I came to UK on 28/01/2015 and I understand that my eligibility starts from 01/01/2015 through 10 year route. Last year (March 2013) I been stopped during a train journey for not having tickets covering full length of journey and Revenue Protection officer took my address details and signature. He advised me that follow up will come through post and no correspondence received until today. There were no other criminal convictions/fines I have during this 10 years. Dear forum members, Kindly advise should I mention this on my application or I can ignore since/may be train company decided not to proceed with case? What if they start communication during waiting period for ILR (avg 14 weeks atm)

mate you still have over three weeks to arrive into uk as per the dates mentioned.
thanks for reading, I meant 28/01/2005. :(

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:52 am

[quote="Dec22"]Hi All.

Do I have to sent FLR(M) application for my dependent same time as i sent my SET(LR) application. or thay can wait untill their visa expire next year.

Thanks
Dec22[/quote]

Please provide your current Status.....
If you applying Ilr on base of 10 years. You can't apply with dependents. You have to get ILR then change your dependents status.