ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to ask NCS to postpone sendiing out my applic

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

epps
Newly Registered

Is it possible to ask NCS to postpone sendiing out my applic

Post by epps » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi guys,
Sincere apology for starting yet another topic.
Not sure whether anyone has ever done this, or indeed is it feasible?

Say I make a NCS appointment on the 8th of Jan. Could I ask the officer to postpone sending out my applicatioin/documents to the HO? Say ask them to send out on the 14th instead, then the HO would receive my application on the 15th at the earliest.
The reason I'm doing this is because I was absent in 2010 between Jan 1st to the 13th.
I'll be away for 5 months starting from the 10th in the coming January, which is why I have to make an NCS appointment before I leave.
Would the NCS officer generally agree to do this? Or only if he/she is in a good mood?

Any advice would be appreciated.

abBY20

Re: Is it possible to ask NCS to postpone sendiing out my ap

Post by abBY20 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:35 pm

I also just made NCS appointment for 9th Jan
And I was told I can only reschedule the appointment once and that can only be done by giving 48 hours notice
So maybe you can call them 48hours prior to the date you were given to rebook this to a more suitable date!!

epps
Newly Registered

Post by epps » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Sorry for not making myself clear.
I do want the appointment on the 8th. The NCS usually send out the application one or two days after the appointment, but I don't want that. I prefer them to keep mine and only sent out to the HO on the 13th, so that the earlies that HO receives my applicationn is the 14th.
As I said I'm doing this because I was abroad Jan 1st-14th in 2010.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:30 pm

There were instances in past where NCS sent applications earlier then when they were supposed to.
I am sometimes wrong.

epps
Newly Registered

Post by epps » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:36 pm

milan69 wrote:There were instances in past where NCS sent applications earlier then when they were supposed to.
Thanks, but do you mean 'later' instead of earlier?

I'm thinking of asking them to delay the sending out my application so tha I meet the requirement of 'being physically present on 5 years before 'the day the HO receives your application'.

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:26 am

I believe it's possible
Why not give them a call to enquire about the possibilities

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:15 am

Try searching posts here and you should find few instances when NCS has sent the application on different date than one they should have had to.
I am sometimes wrong.

epps
Newly Registered

Post by epps » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:41 am

milan69 wrote:Try searching posts here and you should find few instances when NCS has sent the application on different date than one they should have had to.
Thank you milan69. Tried searching this website a couple of times, didn't find any.
Probably didn't use the proper key words. NCS send application dates

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Each NCS is different, so best option is to speak with local NCS, that you would be using, and find out their policies.

1. They may not accept your application before your qualify
2. They may not agree to hold the application
3. Inspite of agreeing to hold the application they may erroneously send to HO at an early date

In case they accept your application and agree to hold until a specific date, ensure you have written confirmation of this arrangement for future reference.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:15 pm

I am sometimes wrong.

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:51 pm

epps wrote:Hi guys,
Sincere apology for starting yet another topic.
Not sure whether anyone has ever done this, or indeed is it feasible?

Say I make a NCS appointment on the 8th of Jan. Could I ask the officer to postpone sending out my applicatioin/documents to the HO? Say ask them to send out on the 14th instead, then the HO would receive my application on the 15th at the earliest.
The reason I'm doing this is because I was absent in 2010 between Jan 1st to the 13th.
I'll be away for 5 months starting from the 10th in the coming January, which is why I have to make an NCS appointment before I leave.
Would the NCS officer generally agree to do this? Or only if he/she is in a good mood?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi, i'd a similar experience
at the appointment day when NCS personnel checking my documents, she realized that the one of the Reference was not suitable and she advised us to make a new photocopy of the page and bring it back next week or when we can do so (she kept all the other documents and gave us a receipt)
and the good news was, within one week i got my approval letter
so its entirly up to the NCS (its better to call and ask them)
Nadeem

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:56 pm