ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General dependent application question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NeelP
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General dependent application question

Post by NeelP » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi All,

My wife who was in the UK as Tier 2 (ICT) dependent went back to India to deliver our first child in 2014. In between, I switched jobs and switched over to T2G. I am now applying for her to return to UK (along with my child) as a dependent.

I am applying via VISA4UK and can't find help with the below question:
Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?
From what I understand, this refers to the extensions we applied for while she was here as a T2ICT migrant(dependent). Problem is that my employer used to apply on our behalf and I can't find the exact dates of application or Home Office Reference Numbers for the 2 extensions we applied for previously.

Is there a way I can get above information? Is SAR request only way to go? Considering she is now in India - can I request this information on her behalf?

Many Thanks,
N.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 General dependent application question

Post by manci » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:38 am

has your wife's PBS Dependant visa expired?

NeelP
Newly Registered

Post by NeelP » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi Manci,

Thank you for responding.

Yes, her leave to remain expired just after she left (In May 2014).

I am reading the guidance and it says the Home Office Reference number would be prefixed with the first letter of your family name, for example Smith = S12345.

I have letters from Home office inviting for a bio metric scan - and approval communication and they quote a different reference number which looks like "Our Ref - PPxxxxxxxxx/001". PP is not first letter of my family name - is this the correct Home office reference number?

Many Thanks,
N

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:11 pm

They sometimes write their HO Ref No. on the back page of the passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

NeelP
Newly Registered

Post by NeelP » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thank you for the response, I don't see the HO reference number scribbled anywhere but I see the BRP number scribbled on many pages at arrival stamp.

So is a SAR only option? How long does it typically take for a SAR request? Would calling UKBA help in this respect?

Thanks,
N.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:57 pm

IMHO the residence permit number (starts RP..) would be fine if you don't have the HO ref. No.

NeelP
Newly Registered

Post by NeelP » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:07 am

Hi Manci,

Thank you for responding. I also reached out to UKVI via email and they said that I can just mention that I don't currently have details in the notes section and they will look it up their systems if required.

Many thanks for the help once again. This community is great.

-N.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:21 am

As Manci mentioned, you can provide your BRP No. They just need this info to find your data in the system. It would be easier for them to locate your records if you provide a reference unique to you. I have done that and it should be fine.