ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Dependent and National Insurance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashwin2005

HSMP Dependent and National Insurance

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:39 pm

I am a HSMP holder. My spouse, who is having HSMP dependent visa, has interview for the national insurance. She was asked to bring "work permit" document to prove the eligibilty to work in the UK.

How can a HSMP dependent produce "work permit" document?

Has anyone faced similar situation? Can anyone guide how to handle this?

HSMPian
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP Dependent and National Insurance

Post by HSMPian » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:56 pm

Dear,
It really surprised me that NI people asked for a "work Permit" fro your wife. As a dependent, she also enjoys the same"Terms & Condition" as the main applicant.

Yesterday I got my wife's appication for NI No. They wrote on the form the details of mainaplicant (Myslef) but never asked for any work Permit from my wife.

They fiilled the application & they said that the NI no will come in post in sme 3 to 4 weeks time.

Ashwin2005 wrote:I am a HSMP holder. My spouse, who is having HSMP dependent visa, has interview for the national insurance. She was asked to bring "work permit" document to prove the eligibilty to work in the UK.

How can a HSMP dependent produce "work permit" document?

Has anyone faced similar situation? Can anyone guide how to handle this?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:19 pm

Work permit here simply means the HSMP dependant VISA - Ask your wife to carry her passport whch has HSMP depndent VISA. She may want to carry your passport, mrg certificate and the original HSMP HO letter issued to you as the main applicant.

regards,

push

Post by 1971 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:29 am

Thats it@push_hsmp.