ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is ILR a 6 year story now

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vkumarkulkarni

Is ILR a 6 year story now

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi Friends,

I have been hearing a lot about the changes in ILR period from 5 years to 6 years. Is it the case now?
I'm entering UK again with a 5 year Tier 2 General visa, wanted to check if the duration of ILR has been changed.
Request your advice and help in clearing this query of mine.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Vin

argus7
Wales

Re: Is ILR a 6 year story now

Post by argus7 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:36 pm

where does it say 6 years?

vkumarkulkarni

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Even I couldnt find anything on the UKBA website, however few of my friends who are living in the UK told me that the duration has been increased to 6 years. I thought to check with the experts. Also I have read few threads in which people have applied after 6 years, so got a lil confused...

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:57 pm

lol u r not in UK n already worried abt ILR............who knows wht the rules will be in 5 yr time.

vkumarkulkarni

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:03 pm

:) :D yeah, I was in UK for a while so still connected ;-)... Yesterday I was speaking to a friend and heard that the rules have changed.
As I was returning back to UK in Apr-May with a 5 yr Tier 2 General visa, thought to check with the experts here.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:04 pm

vkumarkulkarni wrote::) :D yeah, I was in UK for a while so still connected ;-)... Yesterday I was speaking to a friend and heard that the rules have changed.
As I was returning back to UK in Apr-May with a 5 yr Tier 2 General visa, thought to check with the experts here.
No! Currently, you are eligible after 5 years, but you have a MAX of 6 years to meet the other requirements (financial requirement for Tier 2 -> ILR applicants after April 2016). But honestly, who knows what the requirements will be in 5 years! They seem to change every 6 or so months!

vkumarkulkarni

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:51 pm

@physicskate : Thank you very much for your info. Much appreciated.

vkumarkulkarni

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:01 pm

@physicskate: I have sent you a message, request you to have a look please. Your reply will help me a lot in understanding my case and plan my next steps. Thank you.