ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new Tier 2 General visa filing process

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gm1

new Tier 2 General visa filing process

Post by gm1 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Hello everybody,

Happy New Year 2015 to all !!!

I have a question with reference to new Tier 2 General visa filing process.

I am switching from Tier 1 General to Tier 2 General for first time.

I have taken a career break and due to insufficient points on PBS - I am not able to file for Tier 1 extension. Company would be interested to file for Tier 2 General.

I am currently in UK.

I would like to know if my Tier 1 General Visa ends in Jan end 2015 and my Tier 2 General Visa is in process and final decision is not made before Jan end 2015 .

can I legally stay in UK (without working for anyone) till there is a decision made on Tier 2 General by UKBA after end date of Tier 1 General Visa which is Jan end 2015.

Thanks in advance!!!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: new Tier 2 General visa filing process

Post by physicskate » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:42 pm

gm1 wrote:Hello everybody,

Happy New Year 2015 to all !!!

I have a question with reference to new Tier 2 General visa filing process.

I am switching from Tier 1 General to Tier 2 General for first time.

I have taken a career break and due to insufficient points on PBS - I am not able to file for Tier 1 extension. Company would be interested to file for Tier 2 General.

I am currently in UK.

I would like to know if my Tier 1 General Visa ends in Jan end 2015 and my Tier 2 General Visa is in process and final decision is not made before Jan end 2015 .

can I legally stay in UK (without working for anyone) till there is a decision made on Tier 2 General by UKBA after end date of Tier 1 General Visa which is Jan end 2015.

Thanks in advance!!!
There is a thing called 3c leave - which basically means that your current visa is continued while the new visa is being processed. This means you can continue to work under the same conditions that you held with your Tier 1. As soon as you get your Tier 2 visa, you must only work for and by paid by your sponsor.

Think about it this way: you sent your passport to the HO. How could you leave the UK?

gm1

Re: new Tier 2 General visa filing process

Post by gm1 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:29 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the info. that was really nice of you.

God bless you and this forum!!!

Cheers!!