ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse settlements visa Ghana only pls

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cya123
Newly Registered

Re: spouse settlements visa Ghana only pls

Post by cya123 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:37 am

Bigphil,

Woooow...so happy for u guys. It was worth de wait,ryt? Wil defntly let u knw hw it goes for us as well..God wiln, wil b doin cartwheels, lol.

Tk kr n al de best my frnd. Yayyyy!

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:02 pm

I'm just about to start my husbands visa application (November) so any advice would be appreciated!!!!! Think I have the full list of documents required but is it right that the average turnaround time in Ghana is 6-8 weeks?
Thanks in Advance :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:34 am

Latest official statistics show that most applications submitted in Accra are decided in 120 days.
81% in 60 days
86% in 90 days
94% in 120 days
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Mrs T wrote:I'm just about to start my husbands visa application (November) so any advice would be appreciated!!!!! Think I have the full list of documents required but is it right that the average turnaround time in Ghana is 6-8 weeks?
Just in the final stages of gettin all my paperwork together so gettin a little excited to make application! How do you show communication during our time apart? Do they need to see everything or just snipets? We e mail occasionally but WhatsApp daily but a ridiculous amount so would be about 100 + A4 sheets if they need all by November? Just hope they can process quickly but the average seems 6-8 wks!!

cya123
Newly Registered

Post by cya123 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi Mrs T,
U hv every reason to be excited...its a wonderful transition knowing you are going to settle dwn wid the love of ur life. Wid de comm bit, u rly dnt need to print out everything....lyk u said, snipets are okay. Just bear in mind of de periods though. Its more acceptable to present bits from the past (way back), before your nuptials and bits from after the nuptials (present).
It could be e mails, a lil of viber data or text msgs etc. Wen we applied, we presented bits frm emails n viber...dat was it. U knw asyd comm, evidence of photographs too play some role so just do the best you can.
Erfin wil work out, ul see. Just go over the list n mk sure everything is in order. Do ur part n let God do the rest,honey. Wish you all de best.

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:40 pm

cya123 wrote:Hi Mrs T,
U hv every reason to be excited...its a wonderful transition knowing you are going to settle dwn wid the love of ur life. Wid de comm bit, u rly dnt need to print out everything....lyk u said, snipets are okay. Just bear in mind of de periods though. Its more acceptable to present bits from the past (way back), before your nuptials and bits from after the nuptials (present).
It could be e mails, a lil of viber data or text msgs etc. Wen we applied, we presented bits frm emails n viber...dat was it. U knw asyd comm, evidence of photographs too play some role so just do the best you can.
Erfin wil work out, ul see. Just go over the list n mk sure everything is in order. Do ur part n let God do the rest,honey. Wish you all de best.

Thanks alot for your response!!! its a little difficult with earlier as its all texts but will try to retrieve some of them! I have some photos from earlier in our relationship, some of the wedding and our time in Ghana! we have exchanged a couple since so will include them!! Yes I believe that it'll all work out for the best. Thanks again :)

cya123
Newly Registered

Post by cya123 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:47 pm

Dats gud to knw...only mk sure the pix r of u two together thru out.
The response tyms too differ sometyms so dnt think about it too much. Keep us posted n u r most welcum. Gud nyt.

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:51 am

Mrs T wrote:I'm just about to start my husbands visa application (November) so any advice would be appreciated!!!!! Think I have the full list of documents required but is it right that the average turnaround time in Ghana is 6-8 weeks?
Well we have provided all docs to solicitor but my only prob now is that my bank won't stamp my statements or provide cover letter to show my statements are authentic! So this could potentially cause issues and possible refusal for visa! It's just ridiculous that it's down to their discretion what they wanna do but BHC put it as a requirement. Don't know what to do??

cya123
Newly Registered

Post by cya123 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:58 am

Mrs T,
U mean ur bank in Ghana?

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:14 am

cya123 wrote:Mrs T,
U mean ur bank in Ghana?
No my bank in UK

cya123
Newly Registered

Post by cya123 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:25 am

Everybody has a different circumstance so cnt rly say but my husband didnt hv his statements stamped or had a cover letter frm his bank. None of dat.
De statement had de banks logo or letter head if i shd put it dat way.
U dnt hv to hv it stamped watsoever. U get ur statement thru de mail so u jst use those since its cumn frm de bank anyway. BHC knws all de markings of de various banks so ey hv ways n means of verifying.
Dats my opinion anyway.

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:36 am

cya123 wrote:Everybody has a different circumstance so cnt rly say but my husband didnt hv his statements stamped or had a cover letter frm his bank. None of dat.
De statement had de banks logo or letter head if i shd put it dat way.
U dnt hv to hv it stamped watsoever. U get ur statement thru de mail so u jst use those since its cumn frm de bank anyway. BHC knws all de markings of de various banks so ey hv ways n means of verifying.
Dats my opinion anyway.
Thanks for that! I have everything online so I don't receive actual hard copy versions! I can only hope n pray that they accept these without! Well we will be booking his appt for next week so it's all up to them whether they choose to accept or not?

cya123
Newly Registered

Post by cya123 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:53 am

As long as it has de banks letter head or logo...ul b fyn. Erfin wil wrk out...dun stress too mch. Al de requirements are online so jst ff dat n it wil go thru. All de best wid it nxt week.
Be positive,dear. Sumtyms dats al u cn hold on to.

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Ok finally got bank to stamp statements - hooray!!! but now I've been told I need to sign on each section for pics, conversations and anything else that is personal! Has anyone else had to do this?

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Well my hubby's appointment is tomorrow morning, so once that has been completed we will have a new date to look forward to for the results of the application! Everything is crossed that they grant it and he's home for Xmas :) Thanks for everyones help - will keep you updated

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:55 pm

Mrs T wrote:Well my hubby's appointment is tomorrow morning, so once that has been completed we will have a new date to look forward to for the results of the application! Everything is crossed that they grant it and he's home for Xmas :) Thanks for everyones help - will keep you updated
VFS Documents submitted 10/11/14
UKVI confirmed received 10/11/14

Now to wait for decision ....

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:38 pm

Mrs T wrote:
Mrs T wrote:Well my hubby's appointment is tomorrow morning, so once that has been completed we will have a new date to look forward to for the results of the application! Everything is crossed that they grant it and he's home for Xmas :) Thanks for everyones help - will keep you updated

OMG this wait is killin me! just want my hubby here with me!!!!

akwadouala
Newly Registered

Post by akwadouala » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:01 am

Spouse Visa GRANTED!!!!!!!
submitted online on 12/10/2014
Submitted Application and support documents 0n 24/10/2014
receive email from ACCRAVISAINFO@fco.gov.uk 0n 12/12/2014 (your passport is ready)
receive email from VAC on 15/12/2014(your visa decision has been returned from Accra)
collect passport on 16/12/2014 VISA GRANTED!!!!!

I wish to thanks you guys for your support

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:01 pm

akwadouala wrote:Spouse Visa GRANTED!!!!!!!
submitted online on 12/10/2014
Submitted Application and support documents 0n 24/10/2014
receive email from ACCRAVISAINFO@fco.gov.uk 0n 12/12/2014 (your passport is ready)
receive email from VAC on 15/12/2014(your visa decision has been returned from Accra)
collect passport on 16/12/2014 VISA GRANTED!!!!!

I wish to thanks you guys for your support

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get the same news and hopefully soon :)

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:49 pm

Mrs T wrote:

Email received 13/1/15
Passport collected and Visa Granted 14/1/15

Thanks for everyone's help in answering my questions and the support given

kaakakow
Newly Registered

Post by kaakakow » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Congratulations.................I guess the wait is over.

Wife's Timeline Below

UKVI Settlement application submitted online 20.11.2014
VFS and Biometric done on 25.11.2015
Received by UK visa & immigration on 27.11.2015
Still Waiting...................

UKVI Right of Abode application for 1 year son online submission 20.11.2014
VFS and Biometric completed on 25.11.2015
Still waiting..............

I am kind of surprise I haven't heard anything about my son's Right of Abode application till now, especially as few post have read on the forum shows some people getting theirs within 2 weeks. Anyway, Fingures cross and hoping things work out quickly to welcome wife and baby.. Opted for "Right of Abode" instead of British Passport, having thought that will be quicker, especially as some overseas passport applications are taking over 6 months to process. Also thought child's UK consular birth certificate will help speed up things... I guess I was wrong...Anyone with any latest update on settlement applications?... I can see some people receiving decisions within 2 months... which is great to hear...

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:55 pm

kaakakow wrote:Congratulations.................I guess the wait is over.

Wife's Timeline Below

UKVI Settlement application submitted online 20.11.2014
VFS and Biometric done on 25.11.2015
Still Waiting...................

UKVI Right of Abode application for 1 year son online submission 20.11.2014
VFS and Biometric completed on 25.11.2015
Still waiting..............

I am kind of surprise I haven't heard anything about my son's Right of Abode application till now, especially as few post have read on the forum shows some people getting theirs within 2 weeks. Anyway, Fingures cross and hoping things work out quickly to welcome wife and baby.. Opted for "Right of Abode" instead of British Passport, having thought that will be quicker, especially as some overseas passport applications are taking over 6 months to process. Also thought child's UK consular birth certificate will help speed up things... I guess I was wrong...Anyone with any latest update on settlement applications?... I can see some people receiving decisions within 2 months... which is great to hear...
It seems an average of 7 weeks for decisions - fingers crossed for you!!

kaakakow
Newly Registered

Post by kaakakow » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:08 am

Thanks a lot.. Still waiting patiently..... Have been tracking online but seems tracking pointer has been is stuck in one place for a long time.. Am beginning to wonder if that tracking system on the Teleperformance website is even legitimate...anyway.. I can only hope and pray..

kaakakow
Newly Registered

Post by kaakakow » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:27 pm

Finally.......Finaly....my wife got her spouse visa and my little boy also received his right of abode...Thanks for all the support. The wait is now over. Timeline from documents submission on 25th November,2014 to Collection on 21st January,2015 for both applications. less than 2 months is wholesome. Now cant wait to have my family over......................

Mrs T
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs T » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:34 pm

kaakakow wrote:Finally.......Finaly....my wife got her spouse visa and my little boy also received his right of abode...Thanks for all the support. The wait is now over. Timeline from documents submission on 25th November,2014 to Collection on 21st January,2015 for both applications. less than 2 months is wholesome. Now cant wait to have my family over......................
Congratulations!!!! Am really pleased for u all