ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New passport holder living outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krishnais

New passport holder living outside UK

Post by krishnais » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:31 am

Dear All,

I was granted British citizenship and received passport in June 2013. A new situation at work meant that I had to migrate to Dubai in July 2013.

I have been back to UK a couple of times since. During my last visit, I had some questions by the immigration officer at the airport about my employer, my intentions of coming back to UK, why I moved etc. Answered them all as it was straightforward and it was fine.

My question now is, Are there any legal requirements for me to be visiting UK within a certain time frame, or, spend a minimum time in the country? The reason for asking is that I intend to continue my current role in Dubai for couple of years.

Any feedback on this will be of great help!

Thanks.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: New passport holder living outside UK

Post by milan69 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:54 am

I don't think there are any restrictions now that you are British citizen.
I am sometimes wrong.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:17 am

krishnais wrote:Dear All,

I was granted British citizenship and received passport in June 2013. A new situation at work meant that I had to migrate to Dubai in July 2013.

I have been back to UK a couple of times since. During my last visit, I had some questions by the immigration officer at the airport about my employer, my intentions of coming back to UK, why I moved etc. Answered them all as it was straightforward and it was fine.

My question now is, Are there any legal requirements for me to be visiting UK within a certain time frame, or, spend a minimum time in the country? The reason for asking is that I intend to continue my current role in Dubai for couple of years.

Thanks.
That's a bit odd . Did you actually travel with your british passport? If you are worried about questions , why not using e-borders next time?

collipu

Post by collipu » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:53 am

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:17 pm

krishnais wrote:Dear All,

Thanks.

there are no restrictions whatsoever on where you can live or how long be gone, in terms of immigration

any questioning may have to do with some new anti-terrorism nonsense,my guess
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**