ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

emmz13
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by emmz13 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holidays. My husband received his BRP and 30 months leave yesterday (the day before my birthday, so the best present ever!!) it only took 8 weeks from the day of biometrics but that felt long enough.
I hope everyone waiting gets good news soon.
Kind regards to all

kingin2015

Post by kingin2015 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:03 pm

emmz13 wrote:Hi all,

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holidays. My husband received his BRP and 30 months leave yesterday (the day before my birthday, so the best present ever!!) it only took 8 weeks from the day of biometrics but that felt long enough.
Kind regards to all

Congratzz, would you mind giving the background of your husband application. Thanks

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Kind regards to all
emmz13- congratulations to you and your husband. Have a lovely Christmas holiday
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:47 am

kingin2015 wrote:hello people in this forum,
Has anyone applied or know anyone who has applied on same day service on flr fp?
Same say service is not available for Flr fp and Flr o.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:24 am

Kind regards to all
Congrats and Happy belated birthday Emmz13.

Thanks Nilemarques Merry xmas to you all and here's to wishing you all the success in 2015
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

GodKnwsBest1990
Newly Registered

Post by GodKnwsBest1990 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:59 am

Hi,

lm a 24 years of age with a British partner (not married) and a British child. l came to the Uk around the age of 9 with a family friend of my grandmother in 2000. few months after that she left. i lived with the woman's daughter (whom i called auntie) for 3 year looking after her children and attended primary sch; after the 3rd year her daughter decided to relocate to another country and asked me to live with her friend and since that day in 2003 l have never seen or heard of her, nor know where my passport i use to come in the country as the lady l used to live with had it. lived with the friend and was studying at the same time. i went to primary school (yr6) here up to sixth form college. couldn't go to Uni as l had only discovered my status when l was trying to apply for uni. l finished sixth form in 2009 and was really depressed when l found out l had no status and the auntie's kicked me out of her house in 2008 as she said she could no longer looked after me no more. then another lady that know her took me in. in the space of 2000 and 2010 l lived with 3- 4 different people. my sixth form tried to help along with the lady l was leaving with at the time but the solicitor l went to see at the time suggested that l waited 14 years (2014) and l can apply automatically (which l really did not understand at the time).

3rd April 2014 my solicitor submitted an flr (o) application on my behalf on the basis of my private life and article 8 right to family life with my child and partner.
with this application l submitted every single thing l had including letters from my school friends and my partners family and some photos, to prove l have being in the uk since l came. in September i was sent a letter for the Biometric on the 23sept the SSHD refused the application and no right to appeal.
solicitor wrote a reconder letter to the HO but there was no respond , the 'Capital' called me and emailed me that waht am l doing about the refuser as they will be watching me, calling me till l get depoted etc so l told the to call my solicitor.Although by this time my solicitor was not taking everything serious no more but then suggested we go for JUDICIAL REVIEW but l have to applied for the fund 1st (LAA) Filled the application as l am a full time mother, the legal aid agency claimed my partner earns more than the avery (only by £30) not having other bills he has to pay and only work part time. the LAA also refused to fund me. my partner at this time is in dept and can no longer paid for anything concerning my case any more and l dont work and the solicitor is telling me that the only thing l can do now is to go private with judicial review ( £1000-£300) which neither l or my partner has. the solicitor now only told me that the deadline the homeofice gave him is the 22nd DEC 2014 which he only told me about just on the 19th this month. l dont know what to do no more, i grew u with my grandma back home and she was sick, couldnt look after me thats why the lady that brought me here took me from her in the 1st place. i dont know if she is still alive or not as of when the lady brought me and her daughter left the uk i never heard of them. my only family is my son,my partner and my partner family which they all live here. l am just leaving everything in GOD'S HAND and pray that l found favoure. l am also thinking mayb to find a citizen bureau near by also. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE? ANY suggestion please. THANK YOU

Ifemi
Newly Registered

Post by Ifemi » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:47 am

Hi dear, merry Christmas, pls don't be sad I don't know why they refused ur application, I know GOD will fight on ur behalf, u can apply for judicial review on ur own maybe u should go to citizen advice bureau they have an organisation called pathway to integration they help people for immigration cases, if ur case is even strong enough they can represent you in court for free, I am new in dis forum so am sure there's a lot of good and experience people here dat will advice u on what to do.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:43 am

A hearty congratulations to Nilemarques, Kukuwife and our very own crystal newbie. Our God is more than able and in our weakest moments he always shows up just when we believe all hope is lost. He fights the injustice so that we might get our own justice from those who oppresses us. You guys are a huge inspiration that as long as we don't give up the fight, the light at the end of the tunnel is always brighter than when we first went in. God bless you guys cos this forum has been a therapy for depressing and sad times but the only constant thing is how we celebrate each other after the long struggle.

God bless you guys. For me, 2014 and been a beautiful year despite the storms and for you guys who have been granted, the testimony does not end here cos it has just begun. The captives are now been freed and we are now claiming the possession. I met very many beautiful people on here and for us that are still waiting, 2015 is the year of restoration. I hope you all have a wonderful Xmas and a prosperous new year.

GodKnwsBest1990
Newly Registered

Post by GodKnwsBest1990 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:47 pm

@ifeni Merry Xmas to you. Amen in Jesus name. Thank you soo much for your advice. I will take it onboad and try that. God bless you.

GodKnwsBest1990
Newly Registered

Post by GodKnwsBest1990 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:49 pm

@dapsonlee Amen! Glory be to God we serve a living God. Merry Xmas and God bless you.

dapsandhugs
Newly Registered

Post by dapsandhugs » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi... I made an application for leave to remain as a doctor taking clinical attachment on FLR O form (8H-other purposes) before the expiry of my current PLAB Visa (Dec 11, 2014). I received Biometric letter with ECHR letter stating that my case is complex and raises human rights issues and as such will take some time to process. Just wondering Why my application raises human rights issues ?.

My Visa History:
I have been living in the UK for over 5 years now as a student then student dependant prior to my going on PLAB Visa 6 months ago. Have never overstayed my visa and do not have any criminal record. Completed a DBS check 2 weeks ago and all clean.

PLAB visa is usually given 6 months at a time and extension is possible, maximum 18 months in total. I have just used the 1st 6 months and wasn't expecting any Human Rights stuff.

Application date: 9th December,2014.
Received: 10th December,2014.
Fee Deducted: 11th December,2014.
Biometric + ECHR Letter : 17th December, 2014. Dated 13th December,2014.
Biometric Done: 17th December,2014.
BRP: Waiting.

Does anyone have an idea Why my application raises Human Rights Issue and What I should expect ? Thanks.

Ifemi
Newly Registered

Post by Ifemi » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:18 am

Hi everyone, hope u all have a wonderful Christmas, I am excited to discover dis wonderful. Pls my wonderful people I need your advice bcos I can see dat u are all lovely and beautiful people.
I am an asylum seeker with 3 lovely children, I claim asylum in 28 march 2007 and luck ran out of me and I and my partner was arrested for false passport in May 2007 and I was sentence to 8 month in prison then I was pregnant with my 1st child, I gave birth in November 2007 but I was out of prison then I continue with my asylum cases. My partner also claim asylum when they took him to detention in 2007, so he was released on bail on January 2008, so we've been living together since then until December 2013, our asylum cases has been exhausted since 2009 and we have done a lot of judicial review and fresh claim, no luck. My partner is having issues with country of birth, he was born in Liberia but lived in nigeria for some years, so d home office bliv dat his nigeria dat we can go as a family bcos am from nigeria, he has done a lot of interview with both country's which they denied him. He even submit his birth certificate to d home office. Now he did stateless application in August 2014, they sent biometric letter twice in august and they put his country nigeria, he did d biometric at d post office he never mind d country bcos he was fed up, no reply from them yet.
The only hope I have is the 7 yrs concession, my child is 7 yrs in November and a solicitor has already summit FLR FP application for me which was received by the home office on the 23rd of December, pls am very worried now bcos I bought a car in May dis year and I discovered dat the car is not good 2 days later it keeps stoping on the road and I took it to d mechanic which they say they cant discovered anything dat I should sell it off, so I park d car in the garage looking for buyers, weeks later dvla sent me a letter about d car not having insurance, I stupidly ignore it thinking am not driving it, then they sent me a letter to pay a fine which I also ignore, on the 19th December I receive a letter from court to come for hearing on the 12th of January or I should fill in a form included to plead guilty or not guilty, I would have tell my solicitor about it so she can fillin d FLR FP form but she sent d application out on the 18th and dats was her last day in office for Christmas holiday, pls pls will dis affect my application at d home office and pls I don't want to attend d court, should I plead guilty, am ready to pay d amount they will ask me to pay by instalment, pls somebody should pls reply me. God bless u all

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:39 pm

dapsandhugs wrote:Hi... I made an application for leave to remain as a doctor taking clinical attachment on FLR O form (8H-other purposes) before the expiry of my current PLAB Visa (Dec 11, 2014). I received Biometric letter with ECHR letter stating that my case is complex and raises human rights issues and as such will take some time to process. Just wondering Why my application raises human rights issues ?.

My Visa History:
I have been living in the UK for over 5 years now as a student then student dependant prior to my going on PLAB Visa 6 months ago. Have never overstayed my visa and do not have any criminal record. Completed a DBS check 2 weeks ago and all clean.

PLAB visa is usually given 6 months at a time and extension is possible, maximum 18 months in total. I have just used the 1st 6 months and wasn't expecting any Human Rights stuff.

Application date: 9th December,2014.
Received: 10th December,2014.
Fee Deducted: 11th December,2014.
Biometric + ECHR Letter : 17th December, 2014. Dated 13th December,2014.
Biometric Done: 17th December,2014.
BRP: Waiting.

Does anyone have an idea Why my application raises Human Rights Issue and What I should expect ? Thanks.
Who suggested u to use FLR O form?

U could extend your stay as PLAB visa for 12 months more as u said. Which form u used when u applied for first 6 months PLAB visa.

Human rights letter is just a normal letter which they issue to everyone who uses FLR O or FLR FP form.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

dapsandhugs
Newly Registered

Post by dapsandhugs » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:28 am

@Zee Ali. Thanks for your response. My first PLAB visa application was made online, normal business visitor visa. And for extension it is stated on the UKVI website that the FLR O Form is required. Reason why I am worried is because non of my mates received such letter despite using the same form. If it is a normal letter issued to everyone using FLR O OR FLR FP, Why did my mates not receive same letter ? I hope the case worker is not mistaking my application for discretionary leave to remain or leave outside the rules based on my over 5 yrs residence history answers to questions in Section 6.11 and 6.12. Regards.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:11 am

Hello my lovely forum family,

As we step into the new year, i would like to wish you all a Happy New Year. I hope that this new year will bring all the blessings that you deserve. My prayers are with you all who are fighting the battle. This coming year, your prayers will be answered.

Stay Blessed
Nilemarques!!

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:35 am

Happy new year dear family. Thank you all for everything. The support on here is fantastic and am grateful for all your help.
I pray for those of us still waiting that we will celebrate very soon. Amen.

Thank you all again once more and wish us all a fantastic new year, cheers.

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl123 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:31 am

Hi everyone
I wish everyone a happy new year, hope this year brings good news to everyone waiting.

We had appeal hearing next week but found out that it has been adjourned and we will be given new date
What is this all about?
we were ready for this and now will have to wait in limbo for even more

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:17 pm

nilemarques wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Advance congrats Nile Marques. I am extremely excited for you and your family sir!
@ Believe, Dapsonlee, Kukuwife and all my beloved forum family, i would like to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude for all the support during my struggle.

I can now safely say that i took the bull by the horns and made a few burgers and t/bone steaks out of it. Lol!!!

Background to the issue is that i called the amoebas yesterday and they told me that a package is on it's way to myself via 2nd class. To be honest, i didn't sleep the entire night. In the morning, postie time, the doorbell rang and a courier delivered some envelopes for me. Lo and behold , the BRP arrived before the decision.

I am so grateful to the Almighty for keeping his promise to me and he has fulfilled that promise. I thank you all my brothers and sisters for the love and support throughout the struggle. I know the struggle for some of my forum family still continues but when an injustice becomes law, resistance surely becomes a duty. Please don't give up.

The amoebas gave me the usual 30 months but i don't have any restrictions, so essence i have recourse to public funds.

I don't know what to say but i would like to thank you all my forum family for the love and the advice that you have given me.

Awwwwwhhh NileMarques!!! Im so so so happy for you and your family!! It was the best Christmas present ever!!!!
Xxxxxx
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:27 pm

Happy New Year forum family!!!
Its been a while since I last been here...
Congratulations to Kukuwife, CrystalNewbie and of course NileMarques and everyone else who had been granted!!!
Those who are waiting still, may the new year be truly yours and you overcome all obstacles and emerge a winner in the end!!!
Love and cyber hugs to everyone! I wont name no names in my shout outs, way too many friends on here to mention( you know who you are ;-) ). Newbies welcome and may your battle be quick and painless!!
Verbzy ;-) Xxxxxxx
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:38 am

[quote="verbina"]Happy New Year forum family!!!
Its been a while since I last been here...
Congratulations to Kukuwife, CrystalNewbie and of course NileMarques and everyone else who had been granted!!!
Those who are waiting still, may the new year be truly yours and you overcome all obstacles and emerge a winner in the end!!!
Love and cyber hugs to everyone! I wont name no names in my shout outs, way too many friends on here to mention( you know who you are ;-) ). Newbies welcome and may your battle be quick and painless!!
Verbzy ;-) Xxxxxxx[/quote]

Hey Verbina!!! Thank you so much!! It surely was the best Christmas present for my family. Hope you're ok. Thanks for dropping by. It has been a while.

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:04 pm

Happy New year to every one.
Just like to share my situation with this forum that my appeal hearing date is on 19th of January 2015. Any suggestion from any one will be highly appreciated.Thanks

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:41 pm

newgirl123 wrote:Hi everyone
I wish everyone a happy new year, hope this year brings good news to everyone waiting.

We had appeal hearing next week but found out that it has been adjourned and we will be given new date
What is this all about?
we were ready for this and now will have to wait in limbo for even more

@newgirl123...you or your solicitors can request for the date to be brought forward. Normally you will have to put it in writing, stating reasons. To be successful suggest different location and state in your letter, how the adjourned date is having on your state of mind, for that matter your family's. You have to be dramatic I must say. Or if you have medical evidence that will do. Best of luck.
Happy new year to all forum.

kingin2015

Post by kingin2015 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Zee ali wrote:
kingin2015 wrote:hello people in this forum,
Has anyone applied or know anyone who has applied on same day service on flr fp?
Same say service is not available for Flr fp and Flr o.
Hey mate same day service is available for FLR FP application. check UKBA .

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:49 am

We found out yesterday that the home office have put in a request to challenge the judge's allowance of our appeal :( really really sad about this. I don't want to have to go through this again at the upper tribunal, the home offices original argument was that my daughter wasn't british and she even has her british passport now! Does anyone have any experience they can share? How likely is it that the home office get permission to appeal to the upper tribunal?

Bobby2000
Newly Registered

Post by Bobby2000 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Ems1927 wrote:We found out yesterday that the home office have put in a request to challenge the judge's allowance of our appeal :( really really sad about this. I don't want to have to go through this again at the upper tribunal, the home offices original argument was that my daughter wasn't british and she even has her british passport now! Does anyone have any experience they can share? How likely is it that the home office get permission to appeal to the upper tribunal?
Sorry to hear about the challenge. Ukvi are trying to be silly, it's because of the election coming up. You will be fine.