ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

danish7866

Visa Refused

Post by danish7866 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Visa Refused :

Time Line
PSE Route
Comapny Registered - Sep 2013
Funds - Barclays Business Account
Single Applicant

Applied - 30 Aug
Interview - 05 Nov
Refused - 30 Dec

Reason - Secretory of state is not convinced that I am a genuine Enterprenuer. Reason why she dont believe is :

1) Employers Liability Insurance - Since I don't have any employee, I don't need to have this insurance. ( I explained to her in the interview specially that I am a director of a company and director is the first employee of the company. Since being I am the only employee right now I need to have that insurance)

2 )Advertising - I gave three proofs of advertisement. My website domain was registered on Sep 2013 on my name and on my address, the website is live till date. Second advertisement I gave was in Newspaper Dated 15 June 2014 and the third advert was on gumtree which was dated Aug 2014. She is not convinced with the advertisement as when she tried to access the gumtree on 17 Nov, she cant access it and that why she is not convinced with the advertisement( In the interview again I mentioned to her particularly as the kind of business we are, we are providing to services to retailers and wholesalers and they most probably don't search on gumtree, rather we approach them through emails, phone calls and with appointment to explain the product and services we are offering, gumtree might not be an effective way of advertisement as we are not offering anything to consumer) I send her print out of the email I had with Big wholesalers of UK where I had positive feedback of the product and the negotiation of price but she think gumtree ad is not live that's why I am not genuine.

3) Market Research - She asked me how did I do the market research, I explained to her that first we try to find the other companies who are dealing in the same product and services, try to access their website to find about the prices, try to to visit their place to see the quality of product they are offering and then we try to compare with what we have got. Other way is we had contacts with Clearing agents where we can access to the list of companies who are importing goods to UK( Product, quantity and prices). And after comparing the prices with our product we then approach these companies and try to offer our product and services obviously in less prices if we can afford to do that. Every business is different and and has their own way of research and findings. She thinks this is not the right way to do.

4) Experiences - I did not provide the experience letter from the previous companies, I believe this was not the requirement anywhere, this was just supporting document, though in interview I explained the details from the day 1 i started working till date.

Stunned with the decision as I could not believe that would be refuse visa on the above point.

bizz123

Re: Visa Refused

Post by bizz123 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Sorry to hear that
Can you share docs submit with application

danish7866

Post by danish7866 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:03 pm

bizz123 wrote:Sorry to hear that
Can you share docs submit with application
Document Submitted :

1) Barclays Business Account - For Funds
2) Barclays Saving - For Maintenance
3) Current Director Appointment Report
4) Certificate Of Incorporation
5) Unaudited Company Accounts - Letter from accountant confirming the investment made in form of share capital
6) Corportation Tax Document
7) Fund Invested Through Share - Share Certificate
8) Business Plan
9) Advertisement - Website Domain Details(10 sep 2013), Ad in newspaper(15 June 2014), Ad in gumtree.
10) Contract - One date 30 June and one date 01 Aug
11) Invoice - BT telephone bill from June to Nov, Invoices for Office equipment and computer purchased
12) Office Lease aggrement - From June
13) Email Printout of conversation with Clients
14) Direct debit details of Business essential and Sage paid from business account from Jan 2014
15) Confirmation of Warehouse booked in Big Yellow Storage.

Dont know whar else they wanted more

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:37 pm

@ danish7866, you can pursue an appeal if your business is actively trading as the chances of winning is high.

Are u on 50k or 200k route? I ask this as your service seem to be selling of particular products according to what you have stated in your market research.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

danish7866

Post by danish7866 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:17 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ danish7866, you can pursue an appeal if your business is actively trading as the chances of winning is high.

Are u on 50k or 200k route? I ask this as your service seem to be selling of particular products according to what you have stated in your market research.
My business is to provide consultancy services to start up and small business who are dealing with leather goods. For UK based buyer I find the suppliers from India and china to reduce the cost and eliminate the middlemen. In some case where a UK buyer is not in a position to import directly we as a Company do import for them. These are the kind of services we offer to UK based client and same service to exporter who are in India and who want sell their product here, I find buyer for them. I provide them with the storage space, work on eCommerce platform so that there product can be sold to direct consumer also maximizing their profit.

I was on PSW 50k

danish7866

Post by danish7866 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:33 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ danish7866, you can pursue an appeal if your business is actively trading as the chances of winning is high.

Hi Olasunkanmi,

I have a question as if I appeal I am sure that I can win on all the point they have mentioned for refusal. But is there after they can put an objection on any other document related with application. The refusal letter say that full verification of all my document were not done since I initially refused for these point.

Is there a possibility like they can try to find a point after these refusal point are argued and win ?

Thanks

Danish

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:32 pm

@ danish7866, usually Home office representative always stick with refusal points during hearing, but it doesn't mean that they aren't allow to point out any unusual documents in your application. They are even allow to cross examine you again during appeal hearing which sometimes is real interview.

If you are very sure of your documents then you should relax and focus on your appeal.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.