ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP steps for beginner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daniel Simon
Newly Registered

EEA FP steps for beginner

Post by Daniel Simon » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:36 am

Dear Immigration Board,

I am amazed by this forum. Incredible. I have read a lot already in the topics but still I need some more information from the experts. My name is Daniel Simon. I live already in the Uk for more than 4 years and more than for years in London as well. My wife is from the Philippines. She is still there. We are married for more than 20 months and still separated. I think by now I can fulfil all the silly requirements. I haven't applied for FP yet, since I didn't earn more than £19K. But Now I have a full time job from August and my contract started officially from November. But I have earned quite a lot from August. So I can provide proper payslips from August, September, October, November, December etc.

Now I earn £19799 a year I think, and my bank statement shows that I am financially stable. I have permanent contract.
We have million facebook message approx and skype etc, we have many photoalbum etc.
She needs to use two facebook account since one of the account literally is full, so there was a problem to send and receive message. We met 3x so that is not too much but then we met for 14 days each, but last time we managed only 5 nights in Thailand.
But we documented all the time with pictures and the marriage as well. I read about the Marriage of convenient. Well our marriage is true. I was earlier homeless and on JSA so simply I had no money to meet with my wife more and travel to the Philippines more often. The flight ticket is not cheap and I was polite...
I have two years tenancy agreement. I don't have resident card yet. I guess I need to apply for that?
Where?
IN the past I have sent money to my wife but not in a regular time, rarely but then bigger amount. I have read that I need to send money continuously for 3 months at least or more. Now I am doing this.
I guess my thing is to make sure that we prove them that our marriage is genuine real and not marriage of convenient. My wife did save even our first ever conversation on the net. We have like 1000 pictures, flight tickets etc. I can have reference from my employer as well. I know that these requirements are nonsense but still. In practice it seems to be it is necessarily.
So please can you write down what's next? Resident card? Then I need to send all my documents to my wife and she apply to her FP in the PHilippines?
Last question. What is this Registration certificate? This has confused my lovely wife.
I did register also long time ago for the WRS. I think if you were on the WRS over 1 year then you could apply for this magic Register Certificate.
But the WRS is not exist since 2011 May, so why is that you can read about this still at the UKBA website?
Please give me some info about this.

Ta

Daniel

vinny

Re: EEA FP steps for beginner

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:53 am

What is your nationality?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Daniel Simon
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel Simon » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:53 am

Sorry. Hungarian. I didn't write down the most important thing indeed. :)

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:11 am

So you are exercising treaty rights, your wife can appy for a visa and join you now.

Using EEA rules the £18.6k is not a requirement, but..

Theres a couple of problems I can see, not enough info to be sure, but you needed to be a worker within 3 months of coming here and your application for residence could fail because of that.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:20 am

She may apply for an EEA Family Permit.

A registration certificate is non-compulsory. However, you should prove that you are a qualified person (eg working) and you are legally married.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:15 am

Take note of Vinnys post, hes younger and wiser than me.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

Daniel Simon
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel Simon » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:19 pm

Thanks guys. So I need to get the resident card, and then send all of the docs to my wife including invitation letter and then she apply online and she will have an interview there in Manila, is that right? And then fingers crossed.... She got the EEA FP.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:58 pm

Do click on the links in my previous post as there is a lot of information there.

Daniel Simon
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel Simon » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:58 pm

Thanks. I take a look.

Daniel Simon
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel Simon » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:13 pm

If I apply for a resident card, can my wife apply with me. I mean can I apply for a resident card for her as well? And then she can just travel to the Uk with a resident card hehe without even a FP. Isn't it? I can provide my wife's ID card and marriage certificate, everything.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:34 am

dsimon
Newly Registered

Resident Card

Post by dsimon » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi guys,
Happy new year and thanks for your help.
My name is Daniel. I am 34 with permanent job from November but I can provide payslips from August. I live in London in a 1 bedroom flat with a 2 years tenancy. Financially stable. I have question around Resident Card. My wife is a Filippina.
Can I apply for a resident card for her at the same time? I can provide all the document what they want.
I heard that she can enter to the Uk with a Resident Card easily.
Next question. Shall I provide my passport to the Resident Card application and I must certify my passport at the local post office? I have heard this. Thanks. After this, she apply for the EEA FP in the Philippines isn't it? Normally.

Regards

Daniel

Daniel Simon
Newly Registered

Re: Resident Card

Post by Daniel Simon » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:03 pm

Ta for your answer Vinny
One last question. Shall I validate my passport when I apply for the resident card? So what is the process?
Do I need a reference from my employer or the contract and bank statement is enough?
Regards
Daniel

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:39 am

You don't seem to have read the links Vinny provided. The process to follow:

You to obtain Registration Certificate (since you are in London you may find it convenient to use the premium service which is only available in Croydon):
https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-certificate

Your wife to apply for EEA Family Permit in the Philippines:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-permits

Once she is in the UK she to apply for UK Residence Card:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... d/overview

Daniel Simon
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel Simon » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Thanks Manci for your reply.
I know Registration certificate, but for that one I need one year full time paid employment. I don't have 1 year yet. I do have almost one year I think paid, or I have one year more than one year but not continuously one year as full time. However I can provide my permanent contract and my tenancy agreement and bank statement for financial stability. So I should be able to get my resident card. Easily. Hope so and then the rest is to come, EEA FP.
OK, I guess I need to act now. For registration certificate you need one year full time employment or any employment?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:27 pm

Daniel Simon wrote:Thanks Manci for your reply.
I know Registration certificate, but for that one I need one year full time paid employment. I don't have 1 year yet. I do have almost one year I think paid, or I have one year more than one year but not continuously one year as full time. However I can provide my permanent contract and my tenancy agreement and bank statement for financial stability. So I should be able to get my resident card. Easily. Hope so and then the rest is to come, EEA FP.
OK, I guess I need to act now. For registration certificate you need one year full time employment or any employment?
Who told you that the registration certificate requires 1 year of full time employment? This is not true. I applied for my registration certificate (EEA1) after working in the UK for 1 month. It was received 29 working days after application. Then my civil partner applied for his EEA2 residence card.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:38 am

@Daniel Simon
You are mixing up the current rules with the rules for the Worker Registration Scheme which has been abolished in 2011.

Daniel Simon
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel Simon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:03 am

Ok.Sorry. So I can apply for registration certificate and I can apply for resident card too?
What do I need to provide for registration certificate? My permanent contract, tenancy agreement, payslips? What else? I need to call them in Croydon?
Thanks for the info.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:22 am

Daniel Simon wrote:Ok.Sorry.

So I can apply for registration certificate
yes

and I can apply for resident card too?
no, that will be for your wife and she can only apply once she is in the UK

What do I need to provide for registration certificate?
it is all explained on the application form which you can download from the link given above

My permanent contract, tenancy agreement, payslips? What else? I need to call them in Croydon?
Thanks for the info.

Daniel Simon
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel Simon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Thanks Manci,
It is a 40 pages document. Nice one. It says make sure the passport is signed. What does it mean that my passport must be signed?
I need to bring it to the post-office to authorise it?
Regards
Daniel

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:34 pm

Daniel Simon wrote:Thanks Manci,
It is a 40 pages document. Nice one. It says make sure the passport is signed. What does it mean that my passport must be signed?
it should be signed where indicated on the personal information page:
http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magyar_%C3%BAtlev%C3%A9l

I need to bring it to the post-office to authorise it?
no, you have to send it with the application form and the other documents (use Special Delivery)
Regards
Daniel

Daniel Simon
Newly Registered

EEA1 form related questions

Post by Daniel Simon » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi Immigration Board,

Background
My name is Daniel Simon. I live in the Uk for 4.5 years I have permanent job contract from last year November and I have worked already here several years but with Relief work and/or temporary contracts or part time jobs or I was on JSA but now I have permanent job. Finally since from last year November. However I can provide decent payslips from last August.
I am Hungarian. I am EU citizent. My wife is from the Philippines .

I have been told this previously how to get my wife here.

You to obtain Registration Certificate (since you are in London you may find it convenient to use the premium service which is only available in Croydon):
https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-certificate

Your wife to apply for EEA Family Permit in the Philippines:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-permits

Once she is in the UK she to apply for UK Residence Card:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... d/overview

My questions:
I have read certainly carefully this nice 40 pages document about registration certificate.

If I apply under section 6 Employment then I don't need to apply under section 9 as well as self sufficient person. I can provide bank statement but obviously I don't have evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance since I have NI number and I pay taxes anyway so I am covered by the NHS anyway.

So If I apply under section 6 that is enough? If I provide my bank statement too that is ok?
Final question. What does it mean Make sure passports are signed. What does it mean that your passport is signed?
Thanks. Otherwise the form is very clear. Thank you for your advice. Your help is highly appreciated it is truly priceless.

Regards

Daniel Simon

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA1 form related questions

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:51 pm

1. EEA registration certificate (eea1) is optional but not mandatory. It just confirms that you are a qualified person at the time of application.
2. EEA family permit is an entry clearance for non-eu national from outside the UK.
3. Eea2 is a residence permit for non- EU national which is issued inside the UK. If you are working then you don't need to fill or demonstrate self sufficiency.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:15 pm

@Sheraz7, just out of curiosity do you cherry pick topics to reply to or is it just which title appeals?

I found help elsewhere but it seems there is kind of priority of certain topic titles and users. I understand its a free forum but if I had the knowledge I would certainly try and spread information and help as many as I can.

Michael

Daniel Simon
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel Simon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:32 pm

thanks Guys,
Michael don't worry someone will answer to your question as well. This is the most amazing forum for Immigration questions.
Regards

Daniel