ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does CCJ or default affect 10 years long residence- ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raj_shah19
Newly Registered

Does CCJ or default affect 10 years long residence- ILR

Post by raj_shah19 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi There I am about to apply for 10 years long residence in December 2015 but I have just received a 'Claim form' for payment of £3k. This was due to my brother and me shared credit card and he failed to pay the amount and we had disputes. He has gone to india 2 years back. Can someone please advice me, if I get ccj does it affect my ILR as i am applying on 10 years basis. Also if i decide to pay installment does it still affect ILR. Has anyone got ILR with CCJ ? As it comes under civil penalty and i am not sure weather it is offence or crime. If anyone knows any legal solicitor for CCj to defend please let me know. Also what are the things they check in 10 years long residence? credit check?, crb?
Thanks

c4551m
Pakistan

Re: Does CCJ or default affect 10 years long residence- ILR

Post by c4551m » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Hi, I had ccj but i paid before i made application, and I did mention in my application and provided the copies of those letters, had no issues with it and got ILR.
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14