ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Citizenship Ceremony required even after passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ScottCastle2013
Newly Registered

UK Citizenship Ceremony required even after passport?

Post by ScottCastle2013 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:55 am

I am a U.S. Born Citizen whom is now a Dual Citizen of the UK. (Father is from London and was displaced during WW II) I have gone through the process, and have received my UK Passport stating British Citizen. My Question is, do I still have to go to England to do the Oath of Citizenship Ceremony before I am officially a citizen? If so, Is there a grace period of which I can do this? Also, is it possible for me to do the ceremony at the British Consulate here in the States?

ScottCastle2013
Newly Registered

Citizenship Ceremony

Post by ScottCastle2013 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:14 am

Ok I have received my Passport stating I am a British Citizen, but I JUST NOW found out about the Oath Ceremony quite by accident I was looking for other information... I am currently a U.S. citizen as well, and Am as of now living in the U.S. Should I contact the Consulate and arrange for a Ceremony? Or if I Have a passport stating I am a citizen did the paperwork I signed and monies payed through that considered taking oath?

vinny

Re: UK Citizenship Ceremony required even after passport?

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:24 am

If you are automatically British, then there is no need for a ceremony.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

John
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Post by John » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:28 am

Why do you think the oath ceremony applies to you?

When did you become a British Citizen? Have you been British since birth? Or if not, how and when did you become British?
John