ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asimshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by asimshah » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi Guys please reply
New Member But found lot of helpful people are around on this forum
I got ILR in november planning to apply for naturalization of my two daughters born in UK my son and my wife ILR is due in March
I am earning approx 700 A month after tax 560 I am director of the company
My wife is house wife she is not employed. I am not claiming any benefit.
Please guide me which benefit I can claim which will not effect my wife and my son ILR,
And Mine( I THINK I CAN APPLY AFTER 1 YEAR OF ILR) AND MY DAUGHTERS NATURALIZATION

And one more question please I had a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa my wife and my son was on dependent visa they are completing 10 years in March but it is another 2200 expense is it ok to hold it for few months and meanwhile if they want to travel to Pakistan they can on Tier 1 dependent visa.

Will highly appreciate all help very confused will highly appreciate your suggestions and guidance will wait for your reply

Thanks and best regards

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:05 pm

asimshah wrote:Hi Guys please reply
I got ILR in november planning to apply for naturalization of my two daughters born in UK my son and my wife ILR is due in March
Please guide me which benefit I can claim which will not effect my wife and my son ILR,
And Mine( I THINK I CAN APPLY AFTER 1 YEAR OF ILR) AND MY DAUGHTERS NATURALIZATION

And one more question please I had a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa my wife and my son was on dependent visa they are completing 10 years in March but it is another 2200 expense is it ok to hold it for few months and meanwhile if they want to travel to Pakistan they can on Tier 1 dependent visa.

Will highly appreciate all help very confused will highly appreciate your suggestions and guidance will wait for your reply

Thanks and best regards
It seems u didn't update on tracker ur details if you have received decision you applied in September. Isn't it?

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:54 pm

asimshah wrote:Hi Guys please reply

Thanks and best regards
@asimsha

You need to give some additional information to get some answers to your question.

1. did u apply on 10 year basis and got ILR in november ....... if yes then did you change the status of your Tier 1 dependents ( your wife )???? to ILR dependent ????

Kids no issue since you got ILR you can register them as British citizens if they were both born in uk so lets leave the kids enquiry ;-) you are pretty safe on that

Its just that as far as my knowledge is if you were on Tier1 visa and you apply for ILR on 1 years basis you need to change the Tier dependents to the new visa dependent ...... As I said as far as my knowledge there is a possibility they will encounter some issues traveling with Tier 1 dependent visa since you have changed the category

if I were you I would change my Wife visa to ILR dependent and then apply on the 10 year basis when she completes 10 years this is my understanding ...
Any senior members shed some light on this if I'm wrong

Congrats on ILR anyways ;-)

umark468
Newly Registered

Post by umark468 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Dear Members
I got my ILR on 10 years basis recently. I have a daughter born in Pakistan. Once I switch her as dependant of settled person i.e. through FLR (M), shall I be able to apply for her ILR straight after or will she need to be on dependant visa for five years like my wife. My daughter is three years old. Please reply if you can
Regards

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:25 pm

umark468 wrote:Dear Members
I got my ILR on 10 years basis recently. I have a daughter born in Pakistan. Once I switch her as dependant of settled person i.e. through FLR (M), shall I be able to apply for her ILR straight after or will she need to be on dependant visa for five years like my wife. My daughter is three years old. Please reply if you can
Regards
@umark468
as for as i know you can apply her british citizenship straight after you get your own british citizenship after one year.

umark468
Newly Registered

Post by umark468 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Can you please post the link which explains this particular section of the law, I tried but couldn't find

yyhackney
Newly Registered

Post by yyhackney » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:16 pm

Application sent: 09-12-2014
Acknow received: 24-12-2014
Biometric received: 29-12-2014
Biometric recorded: 29-12-2014
Approval date: ??

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:38 pm

umark468 wrote:Can you please post the link which explains this particular section of the law, I tried but couldn't find
@umark468
Eligibility
Q1: Can my son apply for naturalisation?
The term used for children applications as BC is Registration and not Naturalisation. The requirements for children are a lot simpler than for adults.

UK born

In the child was born in the UK before one parent had ILR/PR, then once one parent is granted ILR, the child is entitled register as BC under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act irrespective of their immigration status.

This application is an entitlement and as such the HO has no discretion in the decision if the statutory requirements are met. The application can be made any time before the child is 18. The only documents required are UK birth certificate and evidence that parent obtained ILR/PR. The application can be made if the child is in the UK or abroad.

If the child was born in the UK after one parent has ILR/PR, then the child is British from birth and can apply directly for a passport.

born abroad

If the child was born outside the UK, then once one parent applies for naturalisation, the child can apply for Registration under section 3(1). The is application at discretion and the HO would expect that the other parent to hold (or to be close to holding) a ILR/PR status.
For the guidelines on Registration at discretion see section 9.17.

You need to use mn1 form to register once you have your own British citizenship.
As This blog is for set lr applications only. You can have further information and all discussion about naturalization/citizenship at the following link.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... -1080.html
Thanks

saeedafridi123
Newly Registered

Post by saeedafridi123 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:12 pm

hi guys, anyone who's families are pre july 2012 applicants. We are a group of almost 25 people and looking for around 70 people to join. Because we are going to challenge this this rule of 5 years for our families who came before july 2012. If anyone interested please do reply me so we can discuss this. We already have found top barrister for this case.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:32 am

Happy New year everyone :-) Don't expect much today let HO send approval letters today afternoon .....check your royal mail tracking numbers and you will know whats waiting for you more wait or end of wait :-~) Good Luck guys

Especially Pending Aug applicants should get theirs this week all at once :-)

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:31 am

[quote="maddysheffield"]Happy New year everyone :-) Don't expect much today let HO send approval letters today afternoon .....check your royal mail tracking numbers and you will know whats waiting for you more wait or end of wait :-~) Good Luck guys

Especially Pending Aug applicants should get theirs this week all at once :-)[/quote]

Maddy:-- Happy new Year Buddy..!!
Hope this waiting end this week...!!!

ali149
Newly Registered

Post by ali149 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:37 am

Hi and happy new year to everybody, my application status says approved on the tracker, i haven't received any approvals and my application is still pending.
please can someone amend my status on the tracker and please people stop messing up the tracker.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:08 am

ali149 wrote:Hi and happy new year to everybody, my application status says approved on the tracker, i haven't received any approvals and my application is still pending.
please can someone amend my status on the tracker and please people stop messing up the tracker.
@ ali149 .... Updated the details ali .... I'm sorry but your application is well over due pal. wish you get good news soon .

Cheers

Dec22
Newly Registered

Post by Dec22 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:45 am

what is the general waiting time for Biometric enrolment invitation letter after receiving the Acknowledgement letter.

Thanks
Last edited by Dec22 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Dec22 wrote:what is the general waiting time for Biometric enrolment invitation letter after receiving the Acknowledgement letter.

Thanks

@Dec22 Usually it take between 2-4 weeks after you send your application you get an Biometric invitation . However, make sure contact them if you don't receive even after 4 weeks .. Keep in mind you applied before holiday period and there might be small delay hopefully you should get you biometric invi soon :-) say by end of this week ;-

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:25 pm

Funny but HO literally :-) SC..... everyone in a nice way :-) ... it made everyone who have been waiting between

14 ,,,,, 15,,,,,,16........17.......18........19........20 weeks were made to wait anxiously by approving some applications in that time line ....

all Aug, Sep applicants in 7 weeks range been waiting and not knowing which week the HO strikes first ;-)

Meeeeee123
Newly Registered

Post by Meeeeee123 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:38 pm

Salam respected members. Feeling very low :(

Just called HO and man called Marcus told me my application yet to be been seen !
Despite telling I know a person who applied 9th Sept 14 and got his approval ( Congrats Brother) but I applied 12th Sept 14 and mine
Still to be seen!!!
Doesn't make any sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It so not right ( didn't said it to him tho) :?: :?: :?:

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:51 pm

Meeeeee123 wrote:Salam respected members. Feeling very low :(

Just called HO and man called Marcus told me my application yet to be been seen !
Despite telling I know a person who applied 9th Sept 14 and got his approval ( Congrats Brother) but I applied 12th Sept 14 and mine
Still to be seen!!!
Doesn't make any sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It so not right ( didn't said it to him tho) :?: :?: :?:

@Meeeee123 if you seemy earlier post some members who applied in Aug 2014 still waiting for their approvals ...they are in 19th week and yourself in 16th week in waiting ....

HO does not decide approvals in date Order .......it only pics according to date Order meee123 so don't feel bad its just with in 3 weeks you should get your approval any day it can be any day between now and 31st Jan ;-)

So chill imagine how a 20 AUg 2014 applicant might feel mate and get strength by that ;-)

abbeywell
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywell » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:56 pm

Meeeeee123 wrote:Salam respected members. Feeling very low :(

Still to be seen!!!
As I was told right before Christmas eve by HO staff, 1) some September applications recently started to be considered and 2) October applications will follow in March 2015 the earliest. Hence, I understand all those waiting September outcomes are facing news between january and february.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Hello My fellow members I am pleased to tell you that my ILR has been approved by HO. I received my documents today.
Approval Date: 31st December 2014
Approval Letter Received: 5th January 2015

The waiting is over for me. I pray for all other members waiting for theirs especially the August applicants.
Please can someone update my details on Google drive. :D :D :D
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Spatacus wrote:Hello My fellow members I am pleased to tell you that my ILR has been approved by HO. I received my documents today.

The waiting is over for me. I pray for all other members waiting for theirs especially the August applicants.
Finally Spatacus! Many congratulations mate! Really happy for you... Enjoy God's blessings.

assaad88
Newly Registered

Post by assaad88 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:27 pm

Hello my friend ... Congratulations for your freedom.

I am refugee and I sent my Biometric 30 days ago ... do you have any idea when they will send me my approval letter?

thanks

Meeeeee123
Newly Registered

Post by Meeeeee123 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Spatacus wrote:Hello My fellow members I am pleased to tell you that my ILR has been approved by HO. I received my documents today.

Congrats @ Spatacus make dua for us and @Maddysheffield yes I am feeling the pain. would like to know why they are not efficient enough??????????????????????????????????

apex221

Post by apex221 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:33 pm

CONGRATULATIONS SPATACUS!!

Fully deserved !! I wish you all the best :)

I am so happy for you...

abbeywell
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywell » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Meeeeee123 wrote:

Congrats @ Spatacus make dua for us and @Maddysheffield yes I am feeling the pain. would like to know why they are not efficient enough??????????????????????????????????
Consider this is election year. Thus, the less number of applications aproved before april the smaller their numbers regarding migration which is "statistically good" news to show "something has been done towards migration". Expect any type of HO processing becoming slower from now on.