ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA Spouse to Belgium

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maniani
United Kingdom

Non EEA Spouse to Belgium

Post by maniani » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:04 pm

Dear friends

I am a British Citizend also holding Residency Card of Belgium. My wife is Indian. The Uk laws are quite tough to bring her there. I just want to know that how many months financial document do i require before i can apply family reunion visa for my wife.

maniani
United Kingdom

Re: Non EEA Spouse to Belgium

Post by maniani » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:28 am

Any advice please.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:48 pm

Where are you and your partner living now? What do you do? Where do you intend to live with partner?
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:45 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Where are you and your partner living now? What do you do? Where do you intend to live with partner?
I am now in Uk and my wife is in India. I am planning to move to Belgium as I already has Belgium Residence Card. I already have many job offers in Belgium. So i just want to know how much pay slips i require to bring my wife to belgium.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:25 pm

You can go to Belgium and your wife can join you now without the need to show payslips. She just puts the reason for travel as join EEA spouse, theres lots of boxes on Schengen visa application that are n/a for that type.

You are allowed to be there for up to 90 days without working or anything else. That you have been there before and got the resident card is a bonus, when your wife gets there she need to apply for her resident certificate within 90 days so you will need to be able to prove you are working/self-employed/self-sfficient/student by that time.
I dont think you need pay slips just a contract or letter from your boss will do it.

Not sure, its a bit of a grey area to me, but as you have a Belgian resident cert it possibly shows you have exercised treaty rights there and your wife could perhaps join you in the UK now.

There is case law where a non EEA can join spouse in host country even though never been to another EEA state, but not sure if that works returning to home country and she joins you there without being with you in the host state.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.