ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yasirctl00001
Newly Registered

Spouse visa

Post by yasirctl00001 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:55 am

**************Bank Statements: Make sure you send at least 6 months of bank statements with your application form. The statements must show a regular income (wage etc) coming in and things such as mortgage, bills etc going out. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T PUT A LUMP SUM IN JUST BEFORE AN APPLICATION UNLESS YOU CAN JUSTIFY AND SHOW EVIDENCE AS TO WHERE IT CAME FROM. Although there is no minimum amount that you should have in your bank account, it is advisable that anything between £2500 -£3000 should be in it for your spouse’s application to succeed, as this will show that you are a person who can save and have something to fallback on it, if you need it.***********

I just want to ask as i read this in this forum that i should have some money in my bank to show as maintenance fund...?

BUT If I am giving them proof of my earning which is £20,000 a year through 6months payslips and money going to bank.... still do i need to have balance in my account every month like £500 or more??

many thanks

philemon_bodiba

Re: Spouse visa

Post by philemon_bodiba » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:50 am

yasirctl00001 wrote:**************Bank Statements: Make sure you send at least 6 months of bank statements with your application form. The statements must show a regular income (wage etc) coming in and things such as mortgage, bills etc going out. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T PUT A LUMP SUM IN JUST BEFORE AN APPLICATION UNLESS YOU CAN JUSTIFY AND SHOW EVIDENCE AS TO WHERE IT CAME FROM. Although there is no minimum amount that you should have in your bank account, it is advisable that anything between £2500 -£3000 should be in it for your spouse’s application to succeed, as this will show that you are a person who can save and have something to fallback on it, if you need it.***********

I just want to ask as i read this in this forum that i should have some money in my bank to show as maintenance fund...?

BUT If I am giving them proof of my earning which is £20,000 a year through 6months payslips and money going to bank.... still do i need to have balance in my account every month like £500 or more??

many thanks

The statement you've provided is obsolete hence it doesn't apply to applications made from July, 2012. Based on the current rules it doesn't matter what you do with your money, how you spend it or what your bank balance is at the date of application. As long as you earn at least £18600 gross per annum you're safe.
Pa