ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorced but want to settle in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BondFamily

Divorced but want to settle in UK

Post by BondFamily » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:38 am

I have a situation which I find hard to get a clear answer to by using the government website.

I am recently divorced from my wife from Ukraine. In the 6 years of marriage we had two children. Because I am British we applied for our children to get their passports so they are both fully British also but have never lived there.

We want to have our children grow up and educated in the UK but my wife will need some sort of visa that allows her to remain in the UK while our children are growing.

What visa would be best suited for her/our situation as we are no longer married and her children are British but currently not living in the UK. But we want to move there.

Thanks!

aiza78601

Re: Divorced but want to settle in UK

Post by aiza78601 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 am

ist of all u need to bring ur child in uk,then ur wife can put article 8 application

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:24 pm

You will have to bring the children in first, and then she can apply to join the children.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

BondFamily

Post by BondFamily » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:20 am

Obie wrote:You will have to bring the children in first, and then she can apply to join the children.
Is there another way to do it as she will not want me to take the children there without her?

Also, what application should I be looking at? I want to read the rules and requirements to make sure she qualifies.