ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SS route help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

michaelknight

SS route help

Post by michaelknight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:02 am

Hello,

I have read through almost every thread and checked online but still have unanswered queries.

My spouse is Ukrainian and we are set to move to EU to pursue the SS route but we unsure if we should apply for a family permit prior to arriving to our new country or arrive separately? We plan to stay for six months plus and its possible for my wife to begin work immediately once we have registered also?

Another query we couldnt find info on was how long can you leave your new residence, if i need to fly back to the uk to see family or we go away for a holiday how long before it affects our centre of life or application.

Lastly, I have a right to buy mortgage and couldnt find info on the terms and conditions as with most councils you must be a full time resident and its difficult to let right to buy properties as it breaks the conditions of the rental/mortgage. Would the HO look into this?

Thanks in advance

Michael

michaelknight

Re: SS route help

Post by michaelknight » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:37 am

bump! :)))

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:41 am

Understandably my thread title isn't the most glamorous but i would still really appreciate some help if someone has a minute.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:14 am

Which EU country you going too?

You can travel, I think its 6 weeks but wait for a gurus advice on that.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:07 pm

We are moving to Germany asap.

So if we move stay in Germany for 6 months under SS route, I can visit family UK for up to six weeks and this wont affect our centre of life?

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:38 am

Also my wife already has a shengen tourist visa until may and we dont know what is the best route. Is it best to still apply for a permit in her native ukraine them move to germany or just move to germany and gain a residence card there? Very confused

Someone please help

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:46 am

Yep use the resident card, go to Germany and apply while there. You can be there for up to 3 months anyway just as a tourist if you want.
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:50 am

OK. it it legal to change her tourist visa to a residence card with her tourist type c visa? Does she have to leave the country

Then after she gets her residence card she can travel to UK with just this?

Thanks for your post btw

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:11 pm

yes she can change from tourist visa to residence card. Soon as she has entered the host state she is accompanying EEA family member who is exercising.

Think about it this way a visa will most likely be for 90 days, during that 90 days you apply for resident card (in some states) then she applies for residence certificate, the residence cert might be a temporary one for 6 months so the visa is no longer relevent from when she applies for certificate.

Can she travel to UK, well no not at the moment, she would have to apply for a family permit. But there is a case going through court at the moment (do a google search for "sean McCarthy visa) and in the likely event he wins then UK will have to accept just a residence certificate from any other state.

Sorry its confusing but she can go from Hungary to Germany or any Schengen country with just a residence certificate but not to some other countries.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:44 pm

Oh and I saw a post you made on another thread commenting on one of the gurus not giving you advice.

Maybe it is cherry picking but leaving it for a junior member to reply to simple questions is a wise thing to do.
If the info I give to you is wrong someone else who knows better will be along to put it right.

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:02 pm

Hey buddy, thanks for your help.

Yeah its just frustrating if nobody replies! I need to spice up my titles and include a revealing photo when I post :)

So we are basically moving to Germany imminently and she is on a shengen. We will then apply for a resident card and stay there for 4-6 months. Your saying this isnt enough for her to travel uk alone, she will need to apply for a family permit also?

I read somewhere on here that Germany/Estonia resident card holders of eu spouse can travel to UK ?

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:12 pm

You are right she should be ok with the German residence card.

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:52 pm

Yeah it still seems vague if its better to drive across the border or try and convince airline staff to let us go that way!

Do you know where I could find answers to these questions-

How long is the minimum period to prove the COL test? it seems some people have posted 3 months is too short, is 6 months sufficient or is say 4 months worth applying.

In terms of employment, freelance english teaching does not always include a permanent contract, some schools offer "freelance contracts", are these going to be acceptable?

thanks

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:08 pm

Bump