ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

protoluz
Newly Registered

Returning to UK

Post by protoluz » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:16 am

Hello all.

I'm looking for some information on how I would return to the UK with my wife.

About 8 years ago I came to Brazil and got married and have been living here with my wife since. I'm a British citizen and my wife is Brazilian, obviously i have no funds as i wiped out those to come to here.

My intention is to come back to back to the UK and secure a job, then my wife would follow soon after.
She read and writes English fluently and is intending on working in the UK, possibly securing a transfer or a sponsor before she travels. Failing that what are her rights for working in the UK?

Thank you for any information.

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Returning to UK

Post by sagareva » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:06 pm

protoluz wrote:Hello all.

I'm looking for some information on how I would return to the UK with my wife.

About 8 years ago I came to Brazil and got married and have been living here with my wife since. I'm a British citizen and my wife is Brazilian, obviously i have no funds as i wiped out those to come to here.

My intention is to come back to back to the UK and secure a job, then my wife would follow soon after.
She read and writes English fluently and is intending on working in the UK, possibly securing a transfer or a sponsor before she travels. Failing that what are her rights for working in the UK?

Thank you for any information.

she will be allowed to work so long as she enters on a spouse visa -- but in order to get the spouse visa you have to show that you have income of at least £18600 a year

this is now a major issue

if you are truly penniless, consider moving instead to ireland on EEA rules and later surinder singh route

as EEA spouse in Ireland or any other EU country she should be allowed to work (and in UK if you enter it on eea rules after living in Ireland for a while )

http://www.noadvertisingspammer.co.uk/fo ... p?f=15&t=4
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

protoluz
Newly Registered

Post by protoluz » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:57 pm

sagareva wrote:
she will be allowed to work so long as she enters on a spouse visa -- but in order to get the spouse visa you have to show that you have income of at least £18600 a year

this is now a major issue

if you are truly penniless, consider moving instead to Ireland on EEA rules and later surinder singh route

as EEA spouse in Ireland or any other EU country she should be allowed to work (and in UK if you enter it on eea rules after living in Ireland for a while )

http://www.noadvertisingspammer.co.uk/fo ... p?f=15&t=4
Thanks for your information,

And if my wife were to get her Italian citizenship i guess she would have the same rights as me?

Oluz.

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:45 pm

den nothing to worry.....she can come as an EEA resident n has more rights than u in UK lol