ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

surinder singh route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jasmin kool

surinder singh route

Post by jasmin kool » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Hi my partner is British citizen and she exercise her treaty rights in Ireland now we both move back to UK an applied for EE2 surinder Singh route application.my wife is pregnant and baby is due this month and she cant do job and i am waiting for my visa letter so that i can look for job .my question is if my wife apply for income support will it effect on my visa please can any one help me with this thanks

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: surinder singh route

Post by 357mag » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Shouldn't affect anything, as long as she didn't be a burden in the host state.
You say partner so I assume you were in Ireland as a durable relationship. Were you there long enough to get a residence certificate?

Sorry just re-read your post and you say wife. In which case you dont "need" the residece card you will get from the EEA2 application, you can legally work without it although it might be difficult to find an employer who will take you on without it.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:24 am

Thanks for your reply me and my British wife both returned to uk an I submitted EEA2 application for residant card.my wifes claims income support but some body told us if she claims any benefits then home office can refuse my residence card

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:55 am

Dont think thats right, shes not in UK exercising treaty rights, she did that in another country, shes in UK because its her home nation and shes entitled to the protection of her home states benefit system.

I'm interested to know how long you were in Ireland together.
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:15 am

We both were in ireland for 8 months and she do job for 7 months and I send our joint profe of address her payslips and and her pregnancy profes and doctors oppoinments.and I also have 5 years stamp 4 eu fam card

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:24 pm

Cool, I think your case is strong, but UKVI are a nasty bunch and they seem to issue refusals for things like transfer of family life or not married very long so they say its a marriage of convenience or you are trying to cheat the rules.

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks for your reply our marriage and every thing is genuine so u mean they can't refuse because of claiming income support

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:57 pm

My opinion is no they cant refuse your wife benefits and it should not affect your application.

Good luck.

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks alot:)

ciao123
Newly Registered

Post by ciao123 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi Jasmine,

I am trying to apply under SS route and really need your help as you have gone through the same process. My question is that did you get the EEA family permit before returning to UK? or you returned to UK without any visa and applied straight for EEA2 application. If you did apply for EEA FP before coming to UK, then which documents did you send with your application.

Thanks in Advance

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:47 pm

No I didn't apply for EEA permit.me and my wife both travel to belfast as there is no border between ireland and uk and then fly from belfast city airport to Manchester. And then after 2 days I submit my EEA2 application

ciao123
Newly Registered

Post by ciao123 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply, Really appreciate your help as I am really stressed about all this now. Is there a way I can contact you 121 through email, watsapp etc?

What u mean by A1 stamp if we travel without a family permit? Is it an EEA Family permit permit or is it a visitor visa stamp? Another question is that can we travel by train from ireland to northern ireland without being stopped by border control?

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:52 pm

You are protected by Eind case law (Case C-291/05). In this case, a Dutch sponsor returned from the UK to the Netherlands with his non-EEA daughter and claimed social assistance in the Netherlands. The CJEU ruled that a returning EEA sponsor does not have to be economically active or self-sufficient in his home country for his family member to have a right of residence there.

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Rosebeat thanks for you reply so it means I have to stay relax and there is no need to worry?

nclsmiley
Newly Registered

Post by nclsmiley » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi Jasmin Kool

Just wondering whether you applied for residence card in Ireland before you left Ireland. Also what airline did you travel by from Belfast.

I am currently in Dublin and is about to apply for residence card and if you can travel without it I would not need to go through the process to apply for it.

Thanks in advance

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:16 pm

i have got 5 years residence card in Ireland which is called stamp 4 eufam.the visa which i didn't apply is family permit which is to come to uk i travel to uk without family permit and airline was flybee.if you want to make surinder singh route you must apply for residence card in ireland and exercise treaty rights once you got residance card in ireland and you have got enough evedance to profe your partner moves his or her center of life in ireland than you travel to uk and apply for EEA2 stright away

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:54 pm

rosebead wrote:You are protected by Eind case law (Case C-291/05). In this case, a Dutch sponsor returned from the UK to the Netherlands with his non-EEA daughter and claimed social assistance in the Netherlands. The CJEU ruled that a returning EEA sponsor does not have to be economically active or self-sufficient in his home country for his family member to have a right of residence there.
Eind provides protection. My concern is not the benefits, as the wife will qualify for it. Rather, it is whether he will be able to fulfill the centre of life requirement.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

n2o
Newly Registered

Post by n2o » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:27 pm

jasmin kool wrote:i have got 5 years residence card in Ireland which is called stamp 4 eufam.the visa which i didn't apply is family permit which is to come to uk i travel to uk without family permit and airline was flybee.if you want to make surinder singh route you must apply for residence card in ireland and exercise treaty rights once you got residence card in ireland and you have got enough evidence to proof your partner moves his or her center of life in ireland than you travel to uk and apply for EEA2 straight away
jasmin kool wrote:No I didn't apply for EEA permit.me and my wife both travel to belfast as there is no border between ireland and uk and then fly from belfast city airport to Manchester. And then after 2 days I submit my EEA2 application
back up a bit, because you have made an interesting comment, if you could kindly fill in some details?

1. You entered the UK with only the Ireland resident card (RC), checked in with flybee, presumably with no hassles as far as identification?

2. When you arrived at Manchester, settled - at this point you applied for EEA2 from within the UK?. If so was there any difficulty & did you get the family permit?

For the next part of this post, I'd appreciate feedback & comments as well as if anyone has done this successfully?

You arrived in the UK with only the RC from an EU member state (Ireland). Since you have that, why would you need a family permit, why not just apply for a UK residence card?

Since the Mcarthy case has been ruled on, why would anyone with a RC issued in a member state then going into the UK need to apply for a family permit?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... pean-court

Where you successful in getting the family permit as well as resolving the benefits issue?

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:27 pm

as i told in my comment i didn't apply for family permit to enter in the UK.I entered UK without any family permit and then apply for EEA2 ( 5 years residence card).And as i mention in my comments he who arrive in the uk without family permit the immigration officer will give them stamp which showed there leagle status in the uk as faar as they full fill the requirments.but again i mention as there is no border control between uk and ireland so there is no immigration.

nclsmiley
Newly Registered

Post by nclsmiley » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:20 pm

Thanks Jasmin

I have applied for my husband's residence card and is just waiting now.

I will keep you guys informed

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:47 pm

good luck nclsmile :)

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Fri May 08, 2015 9:45 am

Hi every body I received my visa today

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Sun May 17, 2015 12:53 am

hi just to update you i got my 5 years residance in uk

logical_1

Post by logical_1 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:36 am

jasmin kool wrote:hi just to update you i got my 5 years residance in uk
Congrats.
I was wondering if a RC from member state is necessary in order to apply for a FP or EEA2. If it isn't would it make any difference to FP or EEA2 decision made by UKVI?
Did u sell your soul for a mere stack?

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:53 am

Hi Jasmin! I'm in Dublin city at the moment in the process to apply for the resident card under SS route and I kindly want to know from you is how did you travel to Belfast from Dublin? By car, bus or train? Which is the troublefree way to pass the boarder?
Thank you.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun