ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR DUE JAN 2015 CONFUSE LIUK in test dates not avaliable**

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silentsmile
United Kingdom

ILR DUE JAN 2015 CONFUSE LIUK in test dates not avaliable**

Post by silentsmile » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi all gurus,

I would be great full all you guys special thanks to Amber ,obie and others for helping me in past.

I am facing problems in few things

1. I didnt noticed about LIUK TEST schedule going so busy no spaces available and my current visa expires end of jan 2015 so dates only showing me on my current post code area 5 test center are catchment areas all showing in feb last week dates so please advice any experts what should i do. I rang LIUK SHEFFIELD OFFICE they said can't help keep looking for any cancellations in your area.

I request them to allow me in different area I found some dates but they refused me and said you need proof of address bwhere you live ! So im confuse i was not aware about busy time periods. I dont want to send extension in another category

2. Secondly only one friend helps me he booked test on 14th jan in his area on my name on his address so adviced me to change any thing on his address and take with you so seven days left even i cant get any proof in this quicker way and shortest times (its my idea) so please advice me if in case i get proof in this 7 days time so my address will be different on test result sheet and i will send my set LR From current address ao two different address will come up

Will it be problem if i show different addressee on liuk test and set lr home address? ?

3. The last thing is my wife visa expires with me same date so we both on tier 4 shes my tier 4 dependent. So she should apply in what CATEGORY ?

She came feb 2013 and still with in uk. Im tier 4 i can't show 18600 monies requirements for FLR.M

so please advice she should apply FLR.FP OR FLR.M

any possibility?

Just bear in mind i got 2 kids born in uk one is 3 years one is 1 year .my wife always trave in and out from uk to home land.

Her last application applied from Pakistan in November 2012.

Its really short time if any one expert gurus can give advice on my this confusingly time. My 10 years already completed so just need to solve and clear these things.

Many thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: ILR DUE JAN 2015 CONFUSE LIUK in test dates not avaliabl

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:29 pm

faraz3430 wrote:Hi all gurus,

I would be great full all you guys special thanks to Amber ,obie and others for helping me in past.

1. I didnt noticed about LIUK TEST schedule going so busy no spaces available and my current visa expires end of jan 2015 so dates only showing me on my current post code area 5 test center are catchment areas all showing in feb last week dates so please advice any experts what should i do. I rang LIUK SHEFFIELD OFFICE they said can't help keep looking for any cancellations in your area.

I request them to allow me in different area I found some dates but they refused me and said you need proof of address bwhere you live ! So im confuse i was not aware about busy time periods. I dont want to send extension in another category

2. Secondly only one friend helps me he booked test on 14th jan in his area on my name on his address so adviced me to change any thing on his address and take with you so seven days left even i cant get any proof in this quicker way and shortest times (its my idea) so please advice me if in case i get proof in this 7 days time so my address will be different on test result sheet and i will send my set LR From current address ao two different address will come up

Will it be problem if i show different addressee on liuk test and set lr home address? ?

3. The last thing is my wife visa expires with me same date so we both on tier 4 shes my tier 4 dependent. So she should apply in what CATEGORY ?

She came feb 2013 and still with in uk. Im tier 4 i can't show 18600 monies requirements for FLR.M

any possibility?

Just bear in mind i got 2 kids born in uk one is 3 years one is 1 year .my wife always trave in and out from uk to home land.

Its really short time if any one expert gurus can give advice on my this confusingly time. My 10 years already completed so just need to solve and clear these things.

Many thanks
U deserve to be in this situation.

u talk much and act none.

Where have u been since september (Day dreaming of course)?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Keep checking for dates for LIUK test on a daily bases, there maybe a cancellation, you may get lucky.

People are always advised to take the LIUK test at the earliest convenience since it has no expiry date. it's beyond belief how many people still leave this till the last minute, either they can get dates, can't pass first or second time and some other issue and then panicking.

For the benefit of those of you who will be applying for ILR later this year or next year, even in two years times, do the LIUK test NOW! Its one less headache. I had many other half prepare and sit the test six months of her arriving in the UK on a two year spouse visa. She didn't pass first time but that didn't worry us as we still had plenty of time. Prepared for another 3-4 months and pass second time with over a year left to apply for ILR. We will be applying for ILR in the summer hopefully this year and we got both English B1 and LIUK test done in 2014. Peace of mind.

Sorry, not much help to the OP, but keep checking dates everyday. I can't advise about taking the test elsewhere on a different address. Worst case scenario, you may have to apply for an extension so you can clear the LIUK test.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

blinguk

Post by blinguk » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:51 pm

faraz3430 wrote:Hi all gurus,

any possibility?

Many thanks
sorry to hear that.

keep checking the site regularly you might be able to catch a cancellation
I cleared the test on 24 Dec and The pass notification letter does not have the full address it has the name date of birth and the postcode of the address.

how can your friend book a test in you name unless you share the same name and date of birth.
The test centre will verify your id with the one you provided at registration of the test.

The address proof can be a bank statement (this is what I showed)
I do not think it will matter if the letter has a different address than your home address.

seniors could shed more light

Zaidii

Post by Zaidii » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:29 pm

U deserve to be in this situation.

Where have u been since september (Day dreaming of course)?[/quote

Calm down my friend Zee Ali, give poor guy some advise if you can

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Zaidii wrote:U deserve to be in this situation.

Where have u been since september (Day dreaming of course)?[/quote

Calm down my friend Zee Ali, give poor guy some advise if you can

@Zaidi Dont pity on him.

I gave him useful advice in August via phone and told him about this but he is a lazy person. who is more concerned about address

change thing than to pass LIUK.

He thought LIUK test centres r waiting for him to book the test.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:46 pm

Zee Ali, I can see where you're coming from (like talking to a brick wall), but all we can do is advise people, what action they take is up to them.

If the OP has left it till the last minute after being advised several months back, then it's his loss, no one else's. I suppose it would be an expensive mistake if he weren't to get a date in time as an extension would cost several hundred pounds more, not to mention the time consuming process. Even if he did manage to get a date in time, he only has one shot to pass the LIUK first time; the 3rd Edition of LIUK is not that easy to pass.

Nevertheless, I hope it works out for the OP as we all make mistakes (me included). Just keep checking on a daily basis, or even a few times a day.

Like I mentioned, maybe you want to double check the helplines if you want to do LIUK test elsewhere as there may be a reason they have limited the test to the 5 closest test centres. Even if you found a loophole and manage to get a booking elsewhere, the last thing you want is to turn up and be refused to sit the test or even a few eyebrows raised at the Home Office when you apply since the Test centre ID details and location is on the LIUK pass notification letter.