ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATURALIZATION ENQUIRY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cherryberry800
Newly Registered

NATURALIZATION ENQUIRY

Post by Cherryberry800 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:58 am

Hi,

I am due to apply for my naturalization application but have 6 points on my driving licence for driving with no insurance.

The offence took place on 23 May 2013 and my naturalization application was due on 04.02.2014 at that time I didn't made the application as the points on my licence were less then 12 months old but now I am thinking to make a naturalization application.

I just want to know that how these penalty points will affect my naturalization application as its non custodial offence and I don' t have anything else on my licence apart from these points, I had points in the past which were expired and removed by DVLA.

Do I have to mention all these points i.e. current & expired on the naturalization application form as its non custodial offence and I paid the fine and submit my licence to local police station so that DVLA can add points on it.

DVLA clearly wrote FIXED PENALTY POINTS on the counter part of my licence.

Guidance notes says that Fixed Penalty Points are not taken into account until and unless a person has too many points received in last 12 months.

I am quite confused if I should mention these points on my application or not or shall I wait for another two years until these points come off my licence and then apply.

Moderators, Gurus, Please help and assist me in this situation.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: NATURALIZATION ENQUIRY

Post by milan69 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:50 pm

Maybe some of these posts may help:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/search ... mit=Search
I am sometimes wrong.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:01 pm

Cherryberry800 wrote:Hi,

I am due to apply for my naturalization application but have 6 points on my driving licence for driving with no insurance.

The offence took place on 23 May 2013 and my naturalization application was due on 04.02.2014 at that time I didn't made the application as the points on my licence were less then 12 months old but now I am thinking to make a naturalization application.

I just want to know that how these penalty points will affect my naturalization application as its non custodial offence and I don' t have anything else on my licence apart from these points, I had points in the past which were expired and removed by DVLA.

Do I have to mention all these points i.e. current & expired on the naturalization application form as its non custodial offence and I paid the fine and submit my licence to local police station so that DVLA can add points on it.

DVLA clearly wrote FIXED PENALTY POINTS on the counter part of my licence.

Guidance notes says that Fixed Penalty Points are not taken into account until and unless a person has too many points received in last 12 months.

I am quite confused if I should mention these points on my application or not or shall I wait for another two years until these points come off my licence and then apply.

Moderators, Gurus, Please help and assist me in this situation.

Hi what kind of offence you have please explain more.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:15 pm

Your conviction will be a bar for 3 years for the purpose of nationality applications.

Cherryberry800
Newly Registered

Post by Cherryberry800 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi

I have fixed penalty points for driving without insurance and its clearly mentioned on the counter part of my licence.

I want to know if I should mention these points in my naturalization application or not?

If I do mention these points whats the likelihood that my application will go through?

If I dont mention what will be the outcome?

Please help and comment on this.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Cherryberry800 wrote:Hi

I have fixed penalty points for driving without insurance and its clearly mentioned on the counter part of my licence.

I want to know if I should mention these points in my naturalization application or not?

If I do mention these points whats the likelihood that my application will go through?

I have same

NI 10 and LC 20 , and 3 years will complete on 16 of jan and then i will apply,

you must have to over lap the 3 years otherwise 906£ you will lose.

Kind Regards
FQ

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Cherryberry800 wrote:Hi

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:39 am

Home Office says applicants who have non-custodial offence in last 3 years, there applications will be refused. Then they say case worker might use his discretion if there's only one non custodial offence and that was more than a year ago but they specifically mention it excludes anyone with drunk driving, driving without insurance. So you must wait 3 years if you have points on your licence because of drink driving or driving without insurance.

Cherryberry800
Newly Registered

Post by Cherryberry800 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi,

The offence code on my licence for driving without insurance is IN10 and its fixed penalty points and Home Office clearly mention that they do not count Fixed penalty points unless there are quite a few Fixed penalty points in last 12 months, I had these 6 points in 2013 and its a year and 8 months now

I have even called to book the appointment for nationality and the operator asked if I have any points given in last 12 months from court. I told her that I have FPN given in 2013 and she said thats fine u can mention that but as long as its not given by the court in last 12 months.

I have seen cases where people has asbos and severe drink driving offences and got the nationality then why a simple FPN can be this difficult.

Please look into this further guys and update me regarding your experiences.

Regards,