ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage on an Entrepreneur Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

String
Newly Registered

Marriage on an Entrepreneur Visa

Post by String » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi,

I have a question i'd really like some advice on please.

I am a british national citizen. I am in a relationship with an indian girl who lives here with a UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa. We have been in a relationship for nearly 2 years and she has recently become pregnant with my/our child.

My question is, can I legally marry her in this country whilst she is on this visa? She currently has about two and half years left.

If possible I would like to push forward switching to a marriage dependancy visa due to the financial requirements on myself which is an issue right now but will not be an issue given some time. Not to mention my income will be sparodic and does not come from standard employment therefore will automatically prove a complicated switch. (please correct if I'm wrong).

Any advice on the above situation is much appreciated as is anything further such as visa complications regarding her NHS pregnancy visits , or worst case, her forcibly being removed from the country once the child is born.

Thanks very much.

Hope145

Re: Marriage on an Entrepreneur Visa

Post by Hope145 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:46 pm

Yes you can marry her. I think you need to meet the financial requirement before you can sponsor her application as her spouse. I don't understand what you mean by NHS complications? If she is on tier1 entrepreneur and not on a visit visa then there shouldn't be problems with giving birth. However she has a NO recourse to public funds restriction on her visa, I.e No claiming of benefits etc. Why will they remove her when the child is born whilst her tier 1 entrepreneur visa remains valid? Tier1 entrepreneur visa means she has limited leave to remain as specified in her visa, she is not illegal in the UK so long as it remains valid
Seek legal advice or perhaps get married, then improve your finances before she applies to switch whilst her current visa is still valid

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:47 am

I agree with the above member.

First thing you need to do is to marry her, then you have 2.5 more years to figure out the rest and history of marriage to show when you are ready to apply for her marriage dependency visa. All the best!
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:14 am

Hope145 wrote:Yes you can marry her. I think you need to meet the financial requirement before you can sponsor her application as her spouse. I don't understand what you mean by NHS complications? If she is on tier1 entrepreneur and not on a visit visa then there shouldn't be problems with giving birth. However she has a NO recourse to public funds restriction on her visa, I.e No claiming of benefits etc. Why will they remove her when the child is born whilst her tier 1 entrepreneur visa remains valid? Tier1 entrepreneur visa means she has limited leave to remain as specified in her visa, she is not illegal in the UK so long as it remains valid
Seek legal advice or perhaps get married, then improve your finances before she applies to switch whilst her current visa is still valid
Agreed.