ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naeemshahzad
Newly Registered

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by naeemshahzad » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:07 am

I am going to apply for my wife and there is a question that what is the profession...
employed
self employed.
or director...
she is none of the above as shd is housewife so please guide me what should i write in profession... and being house wife... and not paying tax by herself ,, is it gonna be disadvantage for her..
plz reploy.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:08 am

naeemshahzad wrote:I am going to apply for my wife and there is a question that what is the profession...
employed
self employed.
or director...
she is none of the above as shd is housewife so please guide me what should i write in profession... and being house wife... and not paying tax by herself ,, is it gonna be disadvantage for her..
plz reploy.
Just put house wife and don't tick anything. Employment is not requirement for Naturalisation.

naeemshahzad
Newly Registered

Post by naeemshahzad » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:12 pm

.. thanks for nice help
quote="akhurshid"]
naeemshahzad wrote:I am going to apply for my wife and there is a question that what is the profession...
employed
self employed.
or director...
plz reploy.
Just put house wife and don't tick anything. Employment is not requirement for Naturalisation.[/quote]

Sean J
Newly Registered

Post by Sean J » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:42 am

How important is to submit life in uk and English test requirement again ? I already proof both when applying ILR last year ?

Please reply ASAP

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:50 pm

If they have returned the LIUK certificate then you need to send it again.
I would also send the english language proof just to be on safe side.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:47 pm

IT is a different form, different situation. You must send LIUK paper and language certificate.
I have made a couple of visas for my husband and some residency cards for myself and every time I needed to send every payslips or certificate all the time

indespair

Post by indespair » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Sean J you MUST submit both LIUK and language requirements confirmations. I applied via NCS on 2nd Dec and and those were the only documents required along with the passports, BRP cards and photos. If your language test is expired but had used it before while applying for settlement it is still acceptable.
There is a checklist at the end of the form, so please have a look. LIUK is a must there.

Hope it makes sense.

Sean J
Newly Registered

Post by Sean J » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi all,
If you check new an form, it clearly says if you prove english requirement during settlement after sep, 2013 than you don't need to proof again n again.
I have tik on same option in the form.

Pls advice

Sean J
Newly Registered

Post by Sean J » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Ieilts with 5.5 band is acceptable as english proof?
Pls confirm

indespair

Post by indespair » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:54 pm

Check the last two pages of the form. Supporting documents. Section 2. I downloaded it just now to have a look. It is very clear there.
Honestly, I don't understand what the problem is. You already supplied LIUK and IELTs once when applied for ILR. Just submit the same ones now.
Best of luck.

Sean J
Newly Registered

Post by Sean J » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:47 pm

They kept my english language original certificate during ilr time. That's why I m asking if I can use ielts instead and what score is the requirement

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Sean J wrote:They kept my english language original certificate during ilr time. That's why I m asking if I can use ielts instead and what score is the requirement
The way I understand it, if you have to submit the documents again, they wouldn't have included a tick box saying I have already proved the requirement. If they had kept the document, just write a covering letter or use page 15 to explain it. I don't think you need to send a different certificate again.
If you still want to submit IELTS, it should be fine as long you have atleast 4 in listening and speaking and have used it with another application if it has already expired.

Sean J
Newly Registered

Post by Sean J » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Dear All

I m filling out citizenship form, they asking reference number , there is no ref available on my ILR approval letter. the only number mention is case id number which i written on the form.. is that ok ?

Please confirm as i m sending my application tomorrow

Regards

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Then leave it blank

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:15 am

Hi guys, need quick advice about filling the section about referees and Absences
It asks in first section "how do you know the referees.
my referees are my coworkers and my friends.
so what should i write ? Friends or Coworkers

Please advise

Secondly, last year i visited 3 EU countries, entering 1st and exiting thru 3rd on way back to UK
Shall i write all 3 countries in "countries visited" section
or any other way to put it ?

thanks

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:26 am

Hello everybody;

I'm applying this Friday and I still have some little doubts.

1) I just saw that my referee (the "important" one) put "Managing Director" instead of "Company Owner" or "Company director".
Is Managing director a suitable referee? I can't find a list of suitable referees besides "Lawyers, Civil Servants, etc"

2) 3.5 Address of Tax Office. I am both Self-employed and recently opened a company. I have no idea what and where to find which is my Tax Office? if that make any sense. Would it be OK to leave that blank? If not, anyone knows where I can find that?

3) 6.7 I've been reading around and found that some of you said to "erase it", sorry if it sounds too stupid but, how? its a PFD, shall I cross it with a pen?? Sorry to be thick.

Thanks a lot!!!

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:11 pm

[quote="Bingo_123"]Hi guys, need quick advice about filling the section about referees and Absences
It asks in first section "how do you know the referees.
my referees are my coworkers and my friends.
so what should i write ? Friends or Coworkers

Please advise

Secondly, last year i visited 3 EU countries, entering 1st and exiting thru 3rd on way back to UK
Shall i write all 3 countries in "countries visited" section
or any other way to put it ?

thanks[/quote]

Hi.

You can write you know them as a friend. I wrote the same and they accepted it

I would not write 3 countries down just the date when you left UK and when got back and the original destination.
When I visited my husbands country we went through another country and did not bother to detail as it was transit only

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:09 pm

pinina wrote:Hello everybody;

1) I just saw that my referee (the "important" one) put "Managing Director" instead of "Company Owner" or "Company director".
Is Managing director a suitable referee? I can't find a list of suitable referees besides "Lawyers, Civil Servants, etc"

2) 3.5 Address of Tax Office. I am both Self-employed and recently opened a company. I have no idea what and where to find which is my Tax Office? if that make any sense. Would it be OK to leave that blank? If not, anyone knows where I can find that?

3) 6.7 I've been reading around and found that some of you said to "erase it", sorry if it sounds too stupid but, how? its a PFD, shall I cross it with a pen?? Sorry to be thick.

Thanks a lot!!!
Hi Pinina,
Your tax office address will be on the top right side of the letter from your tax office.

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:23 pm

Tangie wrote:
pinina wrote:Hello everybody;

Thanks a lot!!!
Hi Pinina,
Your tax office address will be on the top right side of the letter from your tax office.
Hey Tangie !
Thanks a lot!
Will look for it andante idea about the referees status? D:
Thanks! Thanks Thanks a lot!

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Haider » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi guys, just about to do the AN form. regarding payment, do we have to pay the ceremony fee(£80) + AN naturalisation fee(£906) all at the same time? regarding Tax ref. no. from my latest p60, i could only see an 'employer PAYE ref no', is that no. needs to put in the form? regarding language requirement, I have a LiUK test and NARIC cert which assessed my MSc as 'British Bachelor (ordinary) degree standard', will these two enough? Thanks.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:13 pm

[quote="Haider"]Hi guys, just about to do the AN form. regarding payment, do we have to pay the ceremony fee(£80) + AN naturalisation fee(£906) all at the same time? regarding Tax ref. no. from my latest p60, i could only see an 'employer PAYE ref no', is that no. needs to put in the form? regarding language requirement, I have a LiUK test and NARIC cert which assessed my MSc as 'British Bachelor (ordinary) degree standard', will these two enough? Thanks.[/quote]

In the £906 the ceremony is included so no need to pay extra £80.

As I have left that area blank and no one called me or asked more info about it and got my approval last month

Ypu do need to send your LIUK paper. Your degree should be fine but I let the gurus to confirm it ;-)

Good luck

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:56 pm

Hey there;

I'm applying tomorrow and I just realised that I had an exception for 3 years on my NI, so I didn't pay (from my pocket) employers did pay, 1 or 2 years.
My economical situation changed so I recently cancelled that but they will bill me in April

Can that play against my application?

Sorry, the closer the date the more paranoid I get.

Thanks a lot for your help, you have been amazing.

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Post by MartaNK » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Hello. I was wondering if there is a way of applying for naturalisation directly to the HO but sending them copies of my passport and ILR? I know NCS and solicitors can do this for me. Is there any other way? I would really like to avoid paying their fees.

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomgodcat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:24 am

MartaNK wrote:Hello. I was wondering if there is a way of applying for naturalisation directly to the HO but sending them copies of my passport and ILR? I know NCS and solicitors can do this for me. Is there any other way? I would really like to avoid paying their fees.
No way, photocopied documents must be stamped by NCS to prove the authenticity

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:22 am

MartaNK wrote:Hello. I was wondering if there is a way of applying for naturalisation directly to the HO but sending them copies of my passport and ILR? I know NCS and solicitors can do this for me. Is there any other way? I would really like to avoid paying their fees.
Notarised copies are accepted but that will cost you more than NCS.
Your cheapest option is NCS.