ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KSAli

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by KSAli » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:56 pm

KSAli wrote:
KSAli wrote:Hello everyone,
I need ur help. I my visa was fefused and I have now appealed. But after readig alot of posts here i have noticed that its a very lengthy process. I m pregnant and I want to travel before April. I dont knw how long will it take for them to come up with a decision.
Can I apply for visit visa while appeal process is on?
How can i get a family visitor visa and what are e chances of approva?
Kindly reply asap.
Thank u.
Plz help
Thank u for replying.
I have appealed after my 2nd refusal. They refused with a silly objection saying that my SA302 form was not in the folder i provided. But we submitted it. We have now appealed against their decision. Wht do u all think are my chances of approval? My appeal was given a reference number a week ago and we paid the fees aswell. How long will they take to decide?
Applied (Karachi): 20th September 2013
Refused: 2nd April'14
Re-applied: 6th June'14
Refused: 21st Nov'14
Appealed: 8th Dec'14
Call from BHC & call in letter: 25th Feb'15
RFC: 10th March'15
Collected: 10th March'15
VISA STAMPED Alhumdulilah.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:39 pm

I would really appreciate if you can help me here, If I am on 46 hours/week contract, full time, permanent in UK since five years with same employer but paid hourly. Company always gives me over time every week and I exceed the annual required limit of £18600. I am paid monthly. according to the instructions stated in section 5.1,(Immigration Directorate Instructions
Family Members under Appendix FM and Appendix Armed Forces of the
Immigration RulesAnnex FM Section FM 1.7: Financial Requirement)

I fall under non salaried employment, but in section 3.3 of Appendix 2 VAF4A it does not give any option for NON SALARIED employment. the only option available is for salaried employment whereas I am working under non salaried employment. Please can any one advise that Do I need to apply under Category A OR B ?
Thanks
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

mobileunlockers
Newly Registered

Post by mobileunlockers » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Aslam O Alikum

I have applied for wife's visa from Lahore. she submitted the documents on 23rd October 2014. I have email ukvi on 7th December and they said there are no updates or i have provided the wrong details. I have tried twice but still same response. I have emailed them yesterday again but they didn't reply back. can anyone help me with this please... thanks

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:38 pm

mobileunlockers wrote:Aslam O Alikum

I have applied for wife's visa from Lahore. she submitted the documents on 23rd October 2014. I have email ukvi on 7th December and they said there are no updates or i have provided the wrong details. I have tried twice but still same response. I have emailed them yesterday again but they didn't reply back. can anyone help me with this please... thanks
Hi mobileunlockers,

WAlikum As Salam,

On https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

You need to send the following in email to escalate and get a sensible response.

1. Type of escalation: No record found or whatever your reason is
2. GWF Reference Number:
3. Passport Number:
4. Name of the applicant:
5. Date of Birth:
6. Country where applying:
7. Location of the VAC:
8. Type of visa:
9. Date of biometrics:
10. Brief reason of your query:

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:02 pm

hope786 wrote:
Mrs N wrote:Thanks for that networkers.

I'm a bit concerned as I applied in November and a member on here posted they received an email update stating initial checks had been done and further enquiries underway. I have not received any such email. Should I be worried?

I had to chase this up, sent 3 emails for that one response

Think I'm just being impatient, but considering my first refusal took 14 months I'm just really worried

Thanks for ur response. Means a lot when someone's been in the same boat

Mrs N x
Hi Mrs N, hope you are well :)

I saw your post and was just wondering, have they started to look at applicants applications who have applied in November?

As so far i've seen on here they are doing the September applicants applications.

When did you apply?

My husband applied online on the 13th of November and documents were handed at Lahore on the 28th of November.

Thank you :)
Salaams. i am well thanks and u?
we applied in november, online on 19th Nov and handed docs in on 21st nov at lahore vac.
someone put on here last week that they received an automated email saying that they are back at processing visas within 12 week standard. so i worked out that on friday just gone it was 6 weeks for me. so i emailed them on friday, again on monday and again yesterday. i recieved 3 emails saying that they will escalate my query, and then today i got an email saying that further enquiries are being done.
i was worried because i didnt get any update about initial assesment, but i suppose its only when u query it do u get a response

have u chased them?

i will give it 10 days or so as advised by networkers and then email again.

im just worried as on my first application towards the end i emailed EVERY day and even sometimes twice a day, cuz they reallllllly messed me about. long story cut short they told me i could send new documents to prove my income, then i sent them and they said i cant send them then they said they recieved them and then they said they hadnt recieved them, so yeah it was a massive pallaver that went on for about 2 months before we got our refusal. towards the end they refused to reply to any of my emails, and simply ignored me for about 3 weeks. even sent a complaint and the same happened there, at first they were helpful, polite, but then started to get right on my nerves. i lost the plot on my last email to them last year. but hey ho.
so my worry is that i dont want to keep emailing for them to get fed up and start ignoring me. so now i have this response will leave it for a while then chase again. 12 weeks for me finishes on 13th feb, but if u take into account their holidays then 20th feb. either way would be nice to hear by then as our anniversary is end of feb, so would be nice to spend it together in the uk :-)

i suggest u send an email to them too.

sorry for the rant lol
Mrs N xx

Fari990
Pakistan

Post by Fari990 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:04 pm

@tallojani

Thankyou so much for the reply, cannot thank everyone for their much appreciated help. Allah reward you all greatly. ameen.

i was wondering whether my husaband should get his documents checked in the uk by solcitor and write him a cover letter. my husband will get house inspection report from estate agent.
Married:24/08/2014
Category A
Submitted online application:13/02/2015
Documents submitted in Mirpur on:26/02/2015
Received BHC Islamabad:27/02/2015
Processed Email:17/03/2015
Call from Gerrys:18/03/2015
Visa collected:19/03/2015
Stamp date:17/03/15

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:27 pm

KSAli wrote:
KSAli wrote:
KSAli wrote:Hello everyone,
I need ur help. I my visa was fefused and I have now appealed. But after readig alot of posts here i have noticed that its a very lengthy process. I m pregnant and I want to travel before April. I dont knw how long will it take for them to come up with a decision.
Can I apply for visit visa while appeal process is on?
How can i get a family visitor visa and what are e chances of approva?
Kindly reply asap.
Thank u.
Plz help
Thank u for replying.
I have appealed after my 2nd refusal. They refused with a silly objection saying that my SA302 form was not in the folder i provided. But we submitted it. We have now appealed against their decision. Wht do u all think are my chances of approval? My appeal was given a reference number a week ago and we paid the fees aswell. How long will they take to decide?
Unless the decision is overturned at the initial review stage, the overall process until you receive a decision can take up to 6-12 months, depending on how busy the court is.

My brother-in-law's appeal took 10 months.

With a refused spouse visa, it is very unlikely to get a family visitor visa.

hope786

Post by hope786 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Mrs N wrote:
hope786 wrote:
Mrs N wrote:Thanks for that networkers.

I'm a bit concerned as I applied in November and a member on here posted they received an email update stating initial checks had been done and further enquiries underway. I have not received any such email. Should I be worried?

I had to chase this up, sent 3 emails for that one response

Think I'm just being impatient, but considering my first refusal took 14 months I'm just really worried

Thanks for ur response. Means a lot when someone's been in the same boat

Mrs N x
Hi Mrs N, hope you are well :)

I saw your post and was just wondering, have they started to look at applicants applications who have applied in November?

As so far i've seen on here they are doing the September applicants applications.

When did you apply?

My husband applied online on the 13th of November and documents were handed at Lahore on the 28th of November.

Thank you :)
Salaams. i am well thanks and u?
we applied in november, online on 19th Nov and handed docs in on 21st nov at lahore vac.
someone put on here last week that they received an automated email saying that they are back at processing visas within 12 week standard. so i worked out that on friday just gone it was 6 weeks for me. so i emailed them on friday, again on monday and again yesterday. i recieved 3 emails saying that they will escalate my query, and then today i got an email saying that further enquiries are being done.
i was worried because i didnt get any update about initial assesment, but i suppose its only when u query it do u get a response

have u chased them?

i will give it 10 days or so as advised by networkers and then email again.

im just worried as on my first application towards the end i emailed EVERY day and even sometimes twice a day, cuz they reallllllly messed me about. long story cut short they told me i could send new documents to prove my income, then i sent them and they said i cant send them then they said they recieved them and then they said they hadnt recieved them, so yeah it was a massive pallaver that went on for about 2 months before we got our refusal. towards the end they refused to reply to any of my emails, and simply ignored me for about 3 weeks. even sent a complaint and the same happened there, at first they were helpful, polite, but then started to get right on my nerves. i lost the plot on my last email to them last year. but hey ho.
so my worry is that i dont want to keep emailing for them to get fed up and start ignoring me. so now i have this response will leave it for a while then chase again. 12 weeks for me finishes on 13th feb, but if u take into account their holidays then 20th feb. either way would be nice to hear by then as our anniversary is end of feb, so would be nice to spend it together in the uk :-)

i suggest u send an email to them too.

sorry for the rant lol
Mrs N xx

W-Salaam, I'm doing well also just patiently waiting.
Don't worry I can totally understand, its very hard being apart from your partner and on top of that to deal with all of this :(
But in the end i'm sure it will all be worth it.

No I haven't contacted them, thought that ill wait it out a little and see how thing go.

Its really hard, going through all this wait..

One of my friend who got married in Pakistan and how her hubby applied for his spouse visa and guess what?
He got his visa in 10 Days and he also applied at Lahore.

I don't know how some peoples are processed that quick.

I hope that we find out before march, as it will be our very 1st wedding anniversary.

Lets see how things go.
Online - 13/11/2014
Submit LHE - 28/11/2014
Forwarded - 28/11/2014
Received BHC ISB - 01/12/2014
"No Current Updates" - 21/01/2015
Escalated - 26/01/2015
"Pre-Assessment - Online Verification Complete"- 29/01/2015

roger354

Post by roger354 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:28 pm

@hope786 it must be a visitor visa no settlement application is processed that quickly lol
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

Mayo99

Post by Mayo99 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Help please is toeic test acceptable now a days for spouse visa ???
Its urgent please answer who know

hope786

Post by hope786 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:59 pm

roger354 wrote:@hope786 it must be a visitor visa no settlement application is processed that quickly lol
Hi Roger354, I know its hard to believe but its 100% true.
She's one of my friends and her husband applied for a spouse visa.

He got a call to collect his passport on the 10th day after he gave his documents and biometrics at Lahore !!
Online - 13/11/2014
Submit LHE - 28/11/2014
Forwarded - 28/11/2014
Received BHC ISB - 01/12/2014
"No Current Updates" - 21/01/2015
Escalated - 26/01/2015
"Pre-Assessment - Online Verification Complete"- 29/01/2015

Fari990
Pakistan

Post by Fari990 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:00 pm

Salaam all

My husband got his letter from employer! And i don't thinks its right because it doesn't say annual gross salary! And the period over which he was paid this salary! For the first 3 months of the job he was under the financial requirement of £18,600 but then from may he received a promotion and he is now eligible for the requirement. Please comment i have attached the letter
Last edited by Fari990 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Married:24/08/2014
Category A
Submitted online application:13/02/2015
Documents submitted in Mirpur on:26/02/2015
Received BHC Islamabad:27/02/2015
Processed Email:17/03/2015
Call from Gerrys:18/03/2015
Visa collected:19/03/2015
Stamp date:17/03/15

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Hey guys I tracked my app and this is the response I recieved;
We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWF****** and date of birth
-/-/-) and found that the application has been processed and a
decision has been made.

I haven't received any response from BHC confirming this. I think the enquiry service is useless as I have seen applicants recieve the same response with no confirmation from BHC.

Inshallah I hope its a positive response for all of us waiting.
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

rajasohaibmaroof

Post by rajasohaibmaroof » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:33 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:Hey guys I tracked my app and this is the response I recieved;
decision has been made.

I haven't received any response from BHC confirming this. I think the enquiry service is useless as I have seen applicants recieve the same response with no confirmation from BHC.

Salaam
what is your timeline
because i am.in the same situation

b41
United Kingdom

Post by b41 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:35 pm

decision has been made.

Whats your timeline?

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:45 pm

@rajasohaibmaroof & @b41

I applied on the 15th of September from Islamabad.
I hope this week inshallah we get a positive response.
Processed 30/12/14
Visa Granted 28/04/15

b41
United Kingdom

Post by b41 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Inshallah we will by Friday.

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:34 pm

Hey guys has anyone heard anything who applied in october from islamabad ????

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:33 pm

b41 wrote:Inshallah we will by Friday.
That would be nice to get closure before the weekend. I hope so inshallah this week we may never know we may get some good news tomorrow
Processed 30/12/14
Visa Granted 28/04/15

adeel718
Newly Registered

Post by adeel718 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:39 pm

b41 wrote:
decision has been made.

Whats your timeline?

I also asked for status update and got email that it has been processed, this was last Friday. But so far no emails from BHC

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:19 pm

Hey can I ask something .. One of my statements fall low because of the Christmas holidays but if the other months still add up to the financial requirement needed, is that ok ?
Last edited by saf786 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mayo99

Post by Mayo99 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Hello need ur help is toeic ets is not acceptable home office???? Please help me im going to submit my application again??

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:49 pm

adeel718 wrote:
b41 wrote:
decision has been made.

Whats your timeline?

I also asked for status update and got email that it has been processed, this was last Friday. But so far no emails from BHC
I don't know why our application has been delayed even though it has been processed. I don't think many people have come across this situation before. But hopefully inshallah it will be a positive outcome. I really hope we hear this week or next.
Processed 30/12/14
Visa Granted 28/04/15

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Mayo99 wrote:Hello need ur help is toeic ets is not acceptable home office???? Please help me im going to submit my application again??
Hey I don't think Toiec is accepted anymore

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:51 pm

Mayo99 wrote:Hello need ur help is toeic ets is not acceptable home office???? Please help me im going to submit my application again??
Hey I don't think Toiec is accepted anymore