ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

exercising free movement right , eea spous visa from pakista

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sierra
- thin ice -

exercising free movement right , eea spous visa from pakista

Post by sierra » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:10 pm

I am spouse of british citizen . who is living with me in Pakistan for about 12 months and she has never been in any other eu country I want to to know can I get eu family member visa of any schengen country like france only tourist visa for 30 days .
Or my wife has to work in eea before, I can apply for a tourist visa to accompany my wife to france. please not that my wife is planning to go to france for a month and I want to accompany her.
And on the schengen visa forms which I got from pakisatn it says that . the fields mark with asterisk should not be filled in by family members of the eu, eea or ch citizens [spouse ,child or dependent ] while exercising their right to free movement . family members of eu .eea citizens shall present documents to prove the relationship and fill.
Can my wife exercise right of free movement from Pakistan or she should live in a eu country or lived in past in a eu country , before she can do so.
I am confused about the paragraph while exercising their right of free movement .

dsanchez

Re: exercising free movement right , eea spous visa from pak

Post by dsanchez » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:20 pm

You're a british citizen married to a pakistani girl.

You both want to go to France for 1 month.

She has to go to the french embassy in Pakistan and request a Schengen visa. As she's your wife, the schengen visa should be issued for free and she shouldn't have problems to get it.

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:36 pm

sierra wrote:I am spouse of british citizen . who is living with me in Pakistan for about 12 months and she has never been in any other eu country I want to to know can I get eu family member visa of any schengen country like france only tourist visa for 30 days .
Or my wife has to work in eea before, I can apply for a tourist visa to accompany my wife to france. please not that my wife is planning to go to france for a month and I want to accompany her.
And on the schengen visa forms which I got from pakisatn it says that . the fields mark with asterisk should not be filled in by family members of the eu, eea or ch citizens [spouse ,child or dependent ] while exercising their right to free movement . family members of eu .eea citizens shall present documents to prove the relationship and fill.
Can my wife exercise right of free movement from Pakistan or she should live in a eu country or lived in past in a eu country , before she can do so.
I am confused about the paragraph while exercising their right of free movement .
Is the query about Schengen (tourist) visa or EEA family permit? Or both?

regards

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:47 am

its only about schengen tourist visa not for eea family permit . i also inquired about ireland visa from pakistan but they are asking bank statement and other stuff for tourist visa to accompany my british spous. thanks

dsanchez

Post by dsanchez » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:05 am

sierra wrote:its only about schengen tourist visa not for eea family permit . i also inquired about ireland visa from pakistan but they are asking bank statement and other stuff for tourist visa to accompany my british spous. thanks
if it's tourist visa you don't need to show any bank statement, etc. as wife of a EU citizen.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:56 pm

When you fill out the Schengen form, leave the boxes which have the (*) blank.

For periods of under 90 days, your EU citizen spouse does not need to be working. Working, which is one form of exercising Treaty Rights, only is important if you want to stay for more than 90 days.

(If you UK wife finds a job in France during your holiday, then you can live together for as long as you want in France. You would just need to apply for a Residence Card)

nashhk
Newly Registered

Post by nashhk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:19 pm

hi there I don't know if I am writing in a right place
I need some information as I am a British citizen currently living in uk, I have a job offer from norway, my wife is a pakistani national and she is in pakistan and she never been in any EU country before, my question is can my wife apply EEA family member visa from pakistan, while I am in uk or I must have to go to norway 1st and exercise my treaty rights 1st, my plan to go to norway is in end of January, thanks very much

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:00 pm

nashhk wrote:hi there I don't know if I am writing in a right place
I need some information as I am a British citizen currently living in uk, I have a job offer from norway, my wife is a pakistani national and she is in pakistan and she never been in any EU country before, my question is can my wife apply EEA family member visa from pakistan, while I am in uk or I must have to go to norway 1st and exercise my treaty rights 1st, my plan to go to norway is in end of January, thanks very much
You do not need to already be working in Norway. You just need to intend to arrive first (she can either travel with you or join you there).

She should apply for a Schengen visa. She should include a cover letter which explains she is married to you, an EU citizen, and that she will be joining you. She will need to include a copy of your marriage certificate and your passport.

nashhk
Newly Registered

Post by nashhk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:05 am

Directive/2004, thanks very much for your reply
few more questions please if you don't mind.
# 1: which all documents we need to send with the application , I also have one daughter 1 year of old.
# 2: do we need to submit call records such as ( Skype, phone calls, viber, etc )
and finally is there anyone who can share a cover letter because I don't have much knowledge about immigration procedures.
thanks again hope to hear from you soon.

nashhk
Newly Registered

Post by nashhk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:06 am

Directive/2004, thanks very much for your reply
few more questions please if you don't mind.
# 1: which all documents we need to send with the application , I also have one daughter 1 year of old.
# 2: do we need to submit call records such as ( Skype, phone calls, viber, etc )
and finally is there anyone who can share a cover letter because I don't have much knowledge about immigration procedures.
thanks again hope to hear from you soon.

nashhk
Newly Registered

Post by nashhk » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:47 pm

hi Directive 2004 I ask few questions and haven't got any answer yet, it will be really appreciated if you can give any advice.
thanks