ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language Certificates

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suryavaddi

Language Certificates

Post by suryavaddi » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:11 am

Hi All,

I would like to apply for Naturalization (AN) next month of first week and I just wanted to know that Evidence of knowledge of language.

Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK
• Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by the
Test Supervisor; and either
• Certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English
at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR
• Your original degree certificate and one of the following:
1.A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of
English
2.An English language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC (this will also show us
that UK NARIC are content that your qualification is equivalent to a UK degree)

If I submit LIUK test certificate and my original degree certificate then a print out from the point-based calculator, with the equivalent level of degree and the level of English is enough or Do I need to write English test (ESOL test).

Please advise if I'm not correct.

Thanks
Surya

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Language Certificates

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:19 pm

suryavaddi wrote:Hi All,

I would like to apply for Naturalization (AN) next month of first week and I just wanted to know that Evidence of knowledge of language.

• Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by the
• Certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English
1.A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of
English

If I submit LIUK test certificate and my original degree certificate then a print out from the point-based calculator, with the equivalent level of degree and the level of English is enough or Do I need to write English test (ESOL test).

Thanks
Your Degree certificate with PBS printout showing it satisfies the English requirement is fine.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

suryavaddi

Re: Language Certificates

Post by suryavaddi » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:40 pm

fwd079 wrote:
suryavaddi wrote:Hi All,

English

Thanks
Your Degree certificate with PBS printout showing it satisfies the English requirement is fine.
Thanks for your help and I'm bit free now fwd079.

Thanks
Surya