ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

traveling with child's nationality certificate, Pak passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haroonh
Newly Registered

traveling with child's nationality certificate, Pak passport

Post by haroonh » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:15 am

Hi,

i have applied for my 4 years son's British naturliasation. My question is whether i can travel after getting his certificate and his pakistani passport to pakistan and come back to uk.because we have to attend a wedding in Pakistan and won't get time to apply for his British passport. Will it be ok to show his British naturalisation certificate at the airport while coming back to uk. and will there be any problem at the airport in Pakistan while coming back. I have read some where in the forum where people have used their BC Certificate with other nationality passports but they had ILR before as in my son's case he didn't have ILR and his visa is expired now and he is becoming BC on basis of me and was born here.
I would please like your views on this and please share your experience if somebody went through this.
Thanks

vinny

Re: traveling with child's nationality certificate, Pak pass

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:00 am

He may have problems boarding a plane when coming back to the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

haroonh
Newly Registered

Post by haroonh » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:15 am

Thanks Vinny for the prompt reply.

the case mentioned in the link had their passport Lost and the baby was born abroad. but in case of my son, he is born in the UK and he has a foreign passport as well and i was only thinking of flying after i receive his naturalisation certificate. I understand, some airlines may create problem. can you please advice me whether will he get any problem from uk immigration at the airport.
I would request other members to reply as well if they went through this PLEASE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:18 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:49 am

I haven't gone through this personally but I would never ever recommend you to travel without getting proper travel documents for your son. You will have no problems getting there but coming back is a different story. Alternatively you can apply for british passport from Pakistan but it will not be easy and take a long long time to get it - approx six month based on what I have heard from a friend. Another alternative I think might be to apply for Right of Abode which should be a lot more quicker.
How long do you plan to stay there?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:00 am

haroonh wrote:Thanks Vinny for the prompt reply.

the case mentioned in the link had their passport Lost and the baby was born abroad. but in case of my son, he is born in the UK and he has a foreign passport as well and i was only thinking of flying after i receive his naturalisation certificate. I understand, some airlines may create problem. can you please advice me whether will he get any problem from uk immigration at the airport.
I would request other members to reply as well if they went through this PLEASE.
Naturalisation certificate is not a travel document. You can take your kid to Pakistan ok but you will not be able to bring him back unless you have COE or British passport.
You are Pakistani so you should know FIA and immigration people better. They will try to squeeze as much as money of you as possible even if you have everything in order. You'll be like SONAY KI CHIRIYA to them if you take your kid to Pakistan without visa or British passport.

My advice to you is delay the trip for a week and get fast track British passport for your child.
Not sure if you can apply for right to abode in UK at a PEO and get it same day.

If I were you, I would sort it before going back home. I have seen at least 2 people who couldn't bring their kids back from Pakistan on this forum.