ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea4 5 year rule,or is it?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

eea4 5 year rule,or is it?

Post by Samelamin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi guys

This forum has really helped me and countless others so everyone please keep up the good work

now for my question

My wife and I started living together in July 2010,
we got married dec 2011 and
my EEA2 permit was issued (after appeal) on Aug 2012

I actually started the eea2 appeal timeline topic and I am very glad to see it going strong :)

so my question is can I apply for eea4 on July 2015, seeing as my wife and I have officially been living together for 5 years?

I have seen multiple posts by people who have successfully applied for eea4 (via appeal) after living for 1.5 years together and married for another 3.5 years

What are your thoughts?

See this http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 48807.html

Ps during our first year of living together I had to move to London for 6 months for work while she was finishing her degree, she would eventually join me after. we did have to provide proof of travel and our continued relationship for the eea2 application so they should have that in hand, I dont think thats going to be an issue will it?
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: eea4 5 year rule,or is it?

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:30 pm

You will be eligible for PR in Dec 2016 because you were recognised as the family members of EU national in Dec 2011. Your previously spent period will only be counted if you received EEA family permit on the basis of such relationship.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:36 pm

Thanks for your reply Sheraz

but I dont understand how others with less time married have been successful with their appeal?

is it because they applied via the durable relationship route?

seems slightly unfair that that route is aimed to ensure the relationship is legit and not one of convenience so surly a marriage proves that?
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:46 am

Well in strictest sense the clock for securing PR usually starts once the non-EU national is recognized as family member of EU national. And yes some threads dating back 3-4 years confirm your claim where non-EU nationals got their PR with same circumstances like yours but on the other hand a lot threads also exist where non-EU nationals got refusal which may mean that exceptionally strong evidences relating to durable relationship may make the difference. But based on the present approach where the caseworker exercises rigorous examination over non-EU national's circumstances the chances of success will be extremely slim. Therefore, you can give a try which won't affect your future applications.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS