ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Taz_555 wrote:Hi guys,

Need some help and advice from members please.

If a set lr application is refused:

1.can that person do a fresh set lr application straight after the refusal?
2.can that person appeal the decision and in the mean time do a fresh set lr application?

And do you know how long roughly does it take to get a hearing for the appeal?

Many thanks
You need to check refusal ground first. If you think they refused your application on false grounds then you can challenge their decision providing you got appeal right. Bear in mind if you visa is still valid you will not get appeal right instead you will get review right which I think usually takes usually 3-4 months or probably more.
If you think HO refused your application on genuine grounds then you need to wait first and then re-apply when you think those grounds have been resolved.

@Tazz_55 I agree with Arsal385

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:38 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
maddysheffield wrote:Hi the naughty members :-)

I Have fixed the tracker ( as always its not brill but it has all info we need ;-))

Please guys don't mess with it & as I said seems no approval yet for today ... I'm taking break till monday

So good luck everyone

Cheers
@maddy,its really really disappointing that we are not having a single approval today and did not even notice yesterday but we still got friday and saturday In sha Allah,so fingers crossed mate

@shafurqan Its true mate its annoying when no one comes and gives us good news ;-) as I said I will check today and go into hibernation till monday if none confirms they received ILR today :x :cry: :cry: :cry:

Taz_555
Newly Registered

Post by Taz_555 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Arsal385 wrote:

2.can that person appeal the decision and in the mean time do a fresh set lr application?

Many thanks
You need to check refusal ground first. If you think they refused your application on false grounds then you can challenge their decision providing you got appeal right. Bear in mind if you visa is still valid you will not get appeal right instead you will get review right which I think usually takes usually 3-4 months or probably more.
If you think HO refused your application on genuine grounds then you need to wait first and then re-apply when you think those grounds have been resolved.

Thanks for the reply Arsal385

Refusal based on break in continuous residence and could not provide medical evidence. (More than 6 months outside the UK). Got right of appeal.

But if do a fresh application straight away after refusal (refusal in January 2015) then the 6 months can be separated into 2 different period of 12 months and hence no break in continuous residence.

The question is are you allowed to make a fresh application after a refusal or do you have to go through an appeal?

Please advise.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Could anyone please send the link to Google drive/Tracker. :roll: :roll: :roll:

careandshare
Newly Registered

Post by careandshare » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Hello dear memebers
Congratualtions for people who are reciving their approvals and best of luck to people who are waiting for their approvals

My quick qestion is anyone who have done their bio in mis nov when should they expect their approvals?my history is as under

Varied application on 1st sep
Bio done on 17 nov
Approval ??

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Taz_555 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:

Many thanks

Thanks for the reply Arsal385

Refusal based on break in continuous residence and could not provide medical evidence. (More than 6 months outside the UK). Got right of appeal.

But if do a fresh application straight away after refusal (refusal in January 2015) then the 6 months can be separated into 2 different period of 12 months and hence no break in continuous residence.

The question is are you allowed to make a fresh application after a refusal or do you have to go through an appeal?

Please advise.
If you have got right of appeal then you can use it with your solid medical evidences. Bear in mind it may take several months to decide the appeal cases. Also due to new changes I am not sure if you can add new evidences in your appeal that you haven’t included in your application in the first place. For latest update on changes you need to take advice from a good solicitor.

If you are confident that there will be no break in your continuous residence now then you can make a fresh application, as stated above please ask solicitor if you can make a fresh application straight after your rejection whilst your visa already ran out. However, your waiting period for the outcome of SET LR application is a legitimate stay in the UK.

peace84

Post by peace84 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:13 pm

shahfurqan wrote:Could anyone please send the link to Google drive/Tracker. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Taz_555
Newly Registered

Post by Taz_555 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:20 pm

Thank you Arsal385

I am very confident that if I send a fresh application now then there is no break in continuous residence since the 6 months+ gap are separated in two different 12 months interval from date of application.

I really hope I can make a fresh application straightaway.

I have already tried to get medical records from back home but they haven't got any since they do archiving every 5 years and my break was in 2006-2007

Many thanks for your reply Arsal385

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Dear All Members,

I want to ask some questions from Senior Members. I am applying for ILR(LR) on 20th Janauary.
Here is immigration history.
19th February 2005 Came from Pakistan on Student Visa Expired on 31st March 2006

Applied next student visa on 25th March 2006
Valid from 03rd April 2006 Until 30th June 2007

Applied next student visa at PEO Croydon in person on 18th June 2007
Vaild from 18th June 2007 Until 31st August 2008

Applied next PSW visa on 18th July 2008
Valid from 20th August 2008 to 13th August 2010

Applied next Tier 1 General (HSMP) on 05th August 2010
Unfortunately refused on 23rd August 2010 because of my own mistake. I provided 3 months bank statement and they required 1 year bank statement. They sent me appeal procedure with refusal. I Appealed wihin the time frame.
Went for appeal in court my self and provided there 1 year bank statement. Won the appeal from court
Valid from 21st March 2011 Until 21st March 2013

Applied extension of Tier 1 General (HSMP) on 15th March 2013
Unfortunately refused on 10th April 2013 because of my own mistake. I did not signed one page of my Profit and Loss account.
Just because of one sign on one single. I got refused.......
They sent me appeal procedure with refusal. I Appealed wihin the time frame. Signed the Profit and Loss account sent the appeal from. 5 days before court date, got a call from HO re presenter that We are allowing your appeal and they want to come in court. I knew the reason they dont want to come because they have to refund my court fees just because I did't signed one page. They can send me query but they not even bother to sent me my Profit and Loss account to sign it.
Appeal allowed got my visa
Valid from 17th September 2013 Until 17th September 2016

My question is that I have been refused on two different period but I appealed within the time frame and I won the appeal for the same visa which I applied. I did not made any fresh application or change the category.
Please advice me that my 10 years in this country is legal or not.
Also do you think I should request my SAR to check my history.
I will wait for your good response.

Thanks
Tahir

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Taz_555 wrote:Thank you Arsal385

I am very confident that if I send a fresh application now then there is no break in continuous residence since the 6 months+ gap are separated in two different 12 months interval from date of application.

I have already tried to get medical records from back home but they haven't got any since they do archiving every 5 years and my break was in 2006-2007

No worries but please take some advice from a good solicitor as they are in the market and have got all the up to date information. I am not saying use their service but a little advice would help you and will safe you from any potential hassle in the future.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:39 pm

tahir.usman201 wrote:Dear All Members,

I want to ask some questions from Senior Members. I am applying for ILR(LR) on 20th Janauary.
19th February 2005 Came from Pakistan on Student Visa Expired on 31st March 2006

Unfortunately refused on 23rd August 2010 because of my own mistake. I provided 3 months bank statement and they required 1 year bank statement. They sent me appeal procedure with refusal. I Appealed wihin the time frame.
Went for appeal in court my self and provided there 1 year bank statement. Won the appeal from court

Unfortunately refused on 10th April 2013 because of my own mistake. I did not signed one page of my Profit and Loss account.
They sent me appeal procedure with refusal. I Appealed wihin the time frame. Signed the Profit and Loss account sent the appeal from. 5 days before court date, got a call from HO re presenter that We are allowing your appeal and they want to come in court. I knew the reason they dont want to come because they have to refund my court fees just because I did't signed one page. They can send me query but they not even bother to sent me my Profit and Loss account to sign it.

My question is that I have been refused on two different period but I appealed within the time frame and I won the appeal for the same visa which I applied. I did not made any fresh application or change the category.

Thanks
Tahir
Tahir,
Your history appears to be fine as long as you had your appeals in time and there is no break in your continuous stay. But it is worth to request SAR asap as you still got some time left. Bear in mind their turn around period is 40 calendar days but it will give you peace of mind that there is no issue in your visa history.
Good luck.
Last edited by Arsal385 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taz_555
Newly Registered

Post by Taz_555 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:39 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Taz_555 wrote:Thank you Arsal385

No worries but please take some advice from a good solicitor as they are in the market and have got all the up to date information. I am not saying use their service but a little advice would help you and will safe you from any potential hassle in the future.
Absolutely right Arsal385

Thank you very much for the kind words.

But I have to act quickly since they gave me only 7 days to appeal.

In sha Allah I am allowed to send a fresh application which will be the best option to me.

Many thanks Arsal385

Cisco89
Newly Registered

Post by Cisco89 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:40 pm

HI how can we get SAR repot from HO ?

Thanks

Cisco89
Newly Registered

Post by Cisco89 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:41 pm

HI how can we get SAR repot from HO and how long it will take.

Thanks

Cisco89
Newly Registered

Post by Cisco89 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi how can we get SAR report from HO and how long it will take ?

Taz_555
Newly Registered

Post by Taz_555 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:46 pm

Cisco89 wrote:Hi how can we get SAR report from HO and how long it will take ?
You need to send this form along with £10 (cheque or postal order)

Normally takes 40 days max

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... orm_A.docx

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Taz_555 wrote:
Cisco89 wrote:Hi how can we get SAR report from HO and how long it will take ?
You need to send this form along with £10 (cheque or postal order)

Normally takes 40 days max

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... orm_A.docx

do not forget to tick the option(whole data held by ukba)

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:05 pm

Thanks for your reply,
When you know your immigration history and you have the record of that.
Does it still important to get SAR file and you know I have only 10days left to apply.
Arsal385 wrote:
tahir.usman201 wrote:Dear All Members,

Thanks
Tahir
Tahir,
Your history appears to be fine as long as you had your appeals in time and there is no break in your continuous stay. But it is worth to request SAR asap as you still got some time left. Bear in mind their turn around period is 40 calendar days but it will give you peace of mind that there is no issue in your visa history.
Good luck.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:36 pm

No approvals .....that's it talk to you guys next Monday ..........I expected at least 20 decisions we got just 5 in total till now and 1 Ho can't decide in 6 month's ...its a pathetic anyways 15 approvals in 2 days may be .....

I'm off this forum till Monday good luck guys ....

mian-suraj
Newly Registered

Post by mian-suraj » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:26 pm

thanks for your support and help, in particular maddysheffield and shahfurqan

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:16 pm

maddysheffield wrote:No approvals .....that's it talk to you guys next Monday ..........I expected at least 20 decisions we got just 5 in total till now and 1 Ho can't decide in 6 month's ...its a pathetic anyways 15 approvals in 2 days may be .....

I'm off this forum till Monday good luck guys ....
@maddy i shall not give up as i am expecting In Sha Allah few approval by tomorrow and day after. :lol:

2015App
Newly Registered

Post by 2015App » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:34 am

HI All,

Friend of mine received a biometric invitation letter. He registered his biometric same day.

Very next day he got an email from home office saying that home office has received his application and is being considered.

Is it the normal process now ?

Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:01 am

2015App wrote:HI All,

Friend of mine received a biometric invitation letter. He registered his biometric same day.

Very next day he got an email from home office saying that home office has received his application and is being considered.

Is it the normal process now ?

Thanks
Yes it is normal.

effell007

Post by effell007 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi All,
Could some one please add me on the time line. Dates are as below:

Application sent: 29 Sep 2014
Confirmation received: 2 Oct 2014
Bio-metric invitation received: 18 Nov 2014
Biometric done: 26 Nov 2014

Awaiting approval.
Background: Varying application from tier 1 ent. [psw] (2 years wait no result). Application fees not refunded yet!!
All applications made on time.

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:54 pm

[quote="effell007"]Hi All,
Could some one please add me on the time line. Dates are as below:

Application sent: 29 Sep 2014
Confirmation received: 2 Oct 2014
Bio-metric invitation received: 18 Nov 2014
Biometric done: 26 Nov 2014

Awaiting approval.
Background: Varying application from tier 1 ent. [psw] (2 years wait no result). Application fees not refunded yet!!
All applications made on time.[/quote]

@effell007:- Its been added.. Good Luck.!!