ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Apply under 10 Yr or wait to qualify under T1Gen

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Konaine
Newly Registered

ILR- Apply under 10 Yr or wait to qualify under T1Gen

Post by Konaine » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi All,

I haven’t posted anything in a long time but have been reading for a while. What a fantastic forum!

I am currently on a T1 Gen qualifying for ILR April 2016. In the mean while I also qualify under the ILR 10 year route in August this year.
My dilemma is that I’m really confused if I should apply under the 10 year rule. My main concern is sending the application in post and waiting x number of years. Based on peoples stories and waiting times worst case scenario if I go 10 year route is that I may not see my documents back until march/april 2016 which is when my T1 expires and I can go for a PEO apt.

I have a relatively straight case. Student visa > PSW > T1G. May be I’m being too paranoid. If things go well I may be receive my documents back in approx. 4 months around December. Also everyone I have talked to about this tell me I should apply under the 10 year rule as the rules are changing and soon HO will finish ILR..

Do you guys know if there Is any possibility of urgent processing? I may also also have to sponsor a dependent, is it true that under the 10 year rule the dependent will have to live an additional 5 year from the date of the visa approval even if they have been in the UK for 10 6,7 years?

Tanks very much!

vinny

Re: ILR- Apply under 10 Yr or wait to qualify under T1Gen

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:54 pm

If a dependant has been in the UK for 10 years, then s/he may also be eligible for ILR under Long residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:36 pm

I would be interested to know what you end up deciding

Konaine
Newly Registered

Post by Konaine » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:02 pm

i would be too!

I'm unsure of my dependent situation just yet, but if im not sponsoring a dependent i might just apply under the 10 year rule.

due to the rapid changes in the law, my lawyer seems to think that would be the way to go to apply as soon as i can.

thanks.