ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS start Date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vesuinfo
Newly Registered

COS start Date

Post by vesuinfo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:58 am

Hi,

If I travel on Tier-2 ICT, is that possible for to enter UK before the COS start date with valid visa.
COS start date is Jan 26th (Monday) but Visa start date is Jan 20th, In this case is that possible to enter UK on Jan 25th (Sunday) a day prior to COS start date ?

dharmik222738
Newly Registered

Re: COS start Date

Post by dharmik222738 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:01 am

COS start date - is your first day of work, in your case at client location.
Visa start date - is your start day to stay in UK.
Similarly, if COS end date indicate your farewell day at your client location and before visa end date you have to leave UK.

vesuinfo
Newly Registered

Post by vesuinfo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:42 am

Hi Dharmik,

your response was bit confusing, I understand COS is work permit and Visa is to stay at UK, In that case though COS ends still I can stay at UK till Visa end date ? Is that not correct. I know before COS end date we travel back to home country but for clarification I raise this question.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:01 am

Your visa end date will generally be few days more from the CoS end date. UKVI gives you few days to wrap up your things before you return. So Yes, you can stay in UK until your visa end date.

In response to your original question, you can arrive in UK as long as your visa is valid even if its few days before your CoS start date.

vesuinfo
Newly Registered

Post by vesuinfo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:56 am

Thanks for your detailed response, it really helps.