ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unclarified language requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

simply_the_best

Unclarified language requirements

Post by simply_the_best » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi guys just a few questins if anyone can please help will be most appreciated

I have applied for BC after completing a Esol entry 3speaking and listening course awarded by Trinity College London. On the certificate wasn't stated B1. But when I asked college I been to they said I could use it for British citizenship.

1 will it be suffice to prove my English language ?

2 the lady from NCS said nothing about not being good but s friend of mine applied before me at the same NCS and the lady said that the certificate may be not good. So what this means ?

3 can they reject me because of this( in case is not good enough ) or they will contact me to provide another one.

I'm so confused now

Thanks for looking guys

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Unclarified language requirements

Post by fwd079 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:43 am

simply_the_best wrote:Hi guys just a few questins if anyone can please help will be most appreciated

I have applied for BC after completing a Esol entry 3speaking and listening course awarded by Trinity College London. On the certificate wasn't stated B1. But when I asked college I been to they said I could use it for British citizenship.

1 will it be suffice to prove my English language ?

2 the lady from NCS said nothing about not being good but s friend of mine applied before me at the same NCS and the lady said that the certificate may be not good. So what this means ?

3 can they reject me because of this( in case is not good enough ) or they will contact me to provide another one.

I'm so confused now

Thanks for looking guys
My wife used same for her ILR and was approved. The course is fine and is currently on HO site.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:57 am

Your certificate is fine. Even though it does not say B1 it is equivalnet to B1 (GSCE 5 or something). My wife and several other people I know of have applied for Citizenship using the same test and have been approved without any issues.

simply_the_best

Post by simply_the_best » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks very much guys

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:17 pm

zeusmagnanimous wrote:Your certificate is fine. Even though it does not say B1 it is equivalnet to B1 (GSCE 5 or something). My wife and several other people I know of have applied for Citizenship using the same test and have been approved without any issues.
I have an cambridge esol entry level certificate from 2008 but only speaking and listening. Do u guys think i can use this on my application as booklet says for settlement route applications u only need speaking and listening as i took my one before 2013 was not syre if i also need writing and reading.