ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shengen visa for eea 2 family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluemoonrising
Newly Registered

Shengen visa for eea 2 family member

Post by bluemoonrising » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Hey guys

I'm an EEA family member and I have an EEA 2 permit

I have been applying for shengen visas for the past 2 years when I had to travel without my partner

My problem is the length of the visa is always
exactly the length of my stay

Sometimes I need to travel short notice and waiting 2 weeks for the visa is a bit of a pain.

Can I apply for longer one? I've got a short trip to Poland coming up. Has anyone had any luck with applying for multiple entry shengen visas

bluemoonrising
Newly Registered

Re: Shengen visa for eea 2 family member

Post by bluemoonrising » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:13 pm

Guys Any help?

bluemoonrising
Newly Registered

Post by bluemoonrising » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:54 pm

can anyone offer any advice please?

asian_atheart

Post by asian_atheart » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:35 am

Hi I have not applied for an EEA 2 REsidence Card as yet. I'm currently on a tier 4 visa. But I've been issued a multiple entry Schengen visa on a couple of occasions. This usually depended on:

-Having travel insurance that extended beyond the period of proposed travel (so having travel insurance that was upto 6 months or a year)
-Having travel plans that extended beyond the requested country visit. So for example if you're applying for a trip to Germany, indicate that you have plans to travel else where too-e.g. Spain or Italy-you can print a proposed itinerary from Expedia. When you go to the visa office point out that you have further travel plans in the coming months.
-Some companies may be able to sponsor longer schengen visas (upto 1 year)? Worth checking out if your place of work could help with this?

I think some countries are more generous that others, but in all I think they don't issue schengen tourist visas for longer than 90 days or slightly over that-which is a bit strange in the case of EEA family members as you don't even need to pay for the visa right?
Hope this helps. Maybe others have some experience to share in this regard.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:55 pm

You should contact the French consulate or have a read on this link: http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/As-the-Spo ... pean-Union. the Visa is free for family member.

also note that a friend of mine received a 1 year visa, she went to the french consulate
GOD BLESS!!!

skyler291177
Newly Registered

Post by skyler291177 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:28 pm

I have a UK residence permit.I want to visit my son In Italy.He lives with his Polish mother in Rome.

Do I need a shengen visa?

I will be travelling alone to see him in Italy.

Any help is appreciated,thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 pm

skyler291177 wrote:I have a UK residence permit.I want to visit my son In Italy.He lives with his Polish mother in Rome.

Do I need a shengen visa?

I will be travelling alone to see him in Italy.

Any help is appreciated,thanks
See here: http://it.vfsglobal.co.uk/eea_eu_family.html
"If the holder of an UK Residence permit bearing the wording "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National" travels without the EEA/EU family member, than the applicant must submit the required documents for a Tourist Visa and will be subjected to the appropriate visa fee"

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:32 am

Schengen Visa longer is easy . I only wanted for 1 month but Polish Consulate wanted to issue me 6 months without even asking but i said to them i don't need 6 months ( they needed little extra proof like letter from workplace ) so i said give me 3 months and they issued me 3 months.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021