ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement Queries...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarahs
Newly Registered

Bank Statement Queries...

Post by sarahs » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:52 am

Hello...

My application is due on 20th Jan (SETM ILR) so a bit of panic here! Could someone help me please with regards to my queries below..

1) I will be going to the bank soon to request for my bank statements for my application. Is there a cut-off date/last date that the bank statement should show?

2) The bank said said they would not issue a covering letter or stamp the printed statements, because the statements will have the bank logo already. Is this OK?

3) I plan to submit the application on 19/1 by special delivery since my app is due on 20th. Is this risky?

4) I dont know how to answer the question on the details of shared financial relationship (whether my partner and I have a shared financial obligation or not). In our household we have the rules that I pay all the bills and my husband pays for holidays, presents etc. Is this what they are looking for?

Thank you so much...

xrootx

Re: Bank Statement Queries...

Post by xrootx » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:53 am

sarahs wrote:Hello...

My application is due on 20th Jan (SETM ILR) so a bit of panic here! Could someone help me please with regards to my queries below..

1) I will be going to the bank soon to request for my bank statements for my application. Is there a cut-off date/last date that the bank statement should show?

2) The bank said said they would not issue a covering letter or stamp the printed statements, because the statements will have the bank logo already. Is this OK?

3) I plan to submit the application on 19/1 by special delivery since my app is due on 20th. Is this risky?

4) I dont know how to answer the question on the details of shared financial relationship (whether my partner and I have a shared financial obligation or not). In our household we have the rules that I pay all the bills and my husband pays for holidays, presents etc. Is this what they are looking for?

Thank you so much...
Hi,
1 -I am appying for ILR SET (o) in my case I dont think there is any cut off date , I am pplying on 20 jan and I get my bank statement end of month but to be on safe side I am taking I am taking print out from 1-19 jan as well with stamped by bank.

2 - HO dont accepts the normal prints or online printed bank statements ,all statement should be on letter head if not then should be stamped by bank. If you go to your bank and explain them then I think you should be able to get them stamped. Take a print out from HO web site about the statement requirements. I was in same situation on my first T1 application and I did same and manage to get my statements stamped.
3 - should be ok.
4- not sure about this.

Thanks

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:58 pm

sarahs wrote:Hello...

The latest statement should not be dated more than 28 days at the time of application.

You can request the Bank to send you the statements required by post (or to your local branch which is usually quicker, then you can collect them) or try a different branch in another town.

Should be OK as long its received before the visa expires.

This can be for example paying a mortgage where maybe you are contributing 50% and your partner is contributing 50%.

Thank you so much...
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

paone

Post by paone » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:43 pm

Natwest, Hsbc , Bacralys dont stamp any more ?

or do they ?

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:44 pm

paone wrote:Natwest, Hsbc , Bacralys dont stamp any more ?

or do they ?
Barclays do , try different branches.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Barclay's did stamp them without question for mine, but that was 3 years ago
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:45 pm

Barclay branch in posh areas like central london happily stamp statements.