ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Omor4real

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Omor4real » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:55 pm

please i need an advise have been in the UK since Feb 2005 student + student dependent.

My wife and I visa expired on the 31st of August 2014 and I applied for flr(fp) (including my wife and daughter will be 7 this march) to buy the remaining time. The flr (fp) was refused in November and an appeal was given. we lodge an in time appeal and still waiting for the appeal date.

These are my worries, as we are using a solicitor she said she will withdraw my appeal and leave my wife appeal appending while I apply for ILR. My wife and I are saying that can't be possible since am the main applicant, once i withdraw my appeal my wife appeal will be withdraw as well.When we put that to her she was confused as well and she said she will put FLR (M) in for her.

Also my wife have been here since 2007 and her closest chance for ILR is 10 years, if she pull out her appeal will that not give her gap and if anything happen in the FLR(M) she will not have right of appeal, pls quote me if am wrong.

Also as work place are now very much on people neck do you think is advisable to withdraw our appeal to make new application or we should just stay where we are and provide further ground for our appeal.

Another thing that am thinking i should do is probably send in my ILR while our appeal is still pending and see what Home Office will do, either way am not losing but will let them link my appeal to me now completing 10 years. please your opinion are very much appreciated.

tiffin
Newly Registered

Post by tiffin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi All,

I am finally sending my application for ilr using set LR. Since this is one category where there are lot of views on docs to be sent, I am sending all below. Any views on anything I am missing here?

Complete application set LR form
2 photos
Life in U.K.
Msc UK degree & transcripts
Passport, old passport & biometric
Previous home office approval letters with refs
AND Photocopy of all above
Prepaid RoyalMail spl delivery with return add

Thx

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:56 pm

@tiffin - you wont need transcripts or perviouse approva letters, reset seems all ok...Best of Luck

stefjmbox
Newly Registered

Post by stefjmbox » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:21 pm

Hello all,

I have been issued a 10 year RP stamp in October 2014 on the basis that I am a family member of a EU National (my wife is Polish)

Over the December holidays my wife and I have decided to separate and she is going back to Poland. Does the end of our relationship have an affect on my residence status?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:58 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote: I had checked with Malik Law solicitors b4 I sent my application and I was told it's not required.
There is no wonder when solicitor give wrong advice which has become now a common practice. You may only be escaped if the caseworker ignore it miraculously. Set (lr) does not ask for treaty rights but long residence guideline do indeed confirms that the caseworker usually exercise discretion to count that time legal if the EU national sponsor is exercising its treaty rights. A number of threads available where members discussed the same.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:58 pm

tiffin wrote:Hi All,

I am finally sending my application for ilr using set LR. Since this is one category where there are lot of views on docs to be sent, I am sending all below. Any views on anything I am missing here?

2 photos
Life in U.K.

Thx
you do not need transcript as degree is more than enough plus do not forget to make photo copies of your all passport and send them along,photo copies means any visas,and stamps departure and arrival in brief and for your own record you could also make photo copy of your entire filled set lr application and keep it with your self and do not need to send photo copy of form to home office alongwith your application..

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:59 pm

tiffin wrote:Hi All,

2 photos
Life in U.K.

Thx
you do not need transcript as degree is more than enough plus do not forget to make photo copies of your all passport and send them along,photo copies means any visas,and stamps departure and arrival in brief and for your own record you could also make photo copy of your entire filled set lr application and keep it with your self and do not need to send photo copy of form to home office alongwith your application..

Brightlove
Newly Registered

Any progress with people similar to my timeline

Post by Brightlove » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi I have been away for a while not been able to check what's been going. I hope everyone applications who have been pending have been successful. I just was wondering who the progress is with other people kind similar to my timeline.

My time line is as under

My Timeline:
Application sent: 27/08/2014
Acknowledgement received: 15/09/2014
Biometric letter received: 29/09/2014 Date 26/09/2014
Biometric recorded: 3/10/2014
Approval date: Not yet received
Docs received: Not yet received
BRP: Not yet received

It's 3rd month now and nothing from the HO . Do you reckon it's getting close or still a long wait .

thank you

Brightlove
Newly Registered

Any progress with people similar to my timeline

Post by Brightlove » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi I have been away for a while not been able to check what's been going. I hope everyone applications who have been pending have been successful. I just was wondering who the progress is with other people kind similar to my timeline.

My time line is as under

My Timeline:

It's 3rd month now and nothing from the HO . Do you reckon it's getting close or still a long wait .

thank you

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: Any progress with people similar to my timeline

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:05 pm

Brightlove wrote:Hi I have been away for a while not been able to check what's been going. I hope everyone applications who have been pending have been successful. I just was wondering who the progress is with other people kind similar to my timeline.

My time line is as under

My Timeline:

thank you
well its been confirmed over four months and you must be closer to get your approval but why dont your spare some time to ring HO and ask them whether your application has been assigned to a caseworker or if you have provided with your return envelope and you have not lost your tracking number then just keeping checking on royal mail website.

shabz47
Newly Registered

Post by shabz47 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:43 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
imraniqbal2010 wrote: I had checked with Malik Law solicitors b4 I sent my application and I was told it's not required.
There is no wonder when solicitor give wrong advice which has become now a common practice. You may only be escaped if the caseworker ignore it miraculously. Set (lr) does not ask for treaty rights but long residence guideline do indeed confirms that the caseworker usually exercise discretion to count that time legal if the EU national sponsor is exercising its treaty rights. A number of threads available where members discussed the same.
yes sheraz ur right solicitors often give wrong advice @imran iqbal i suggest u keep all the documents ready in case if they ask u to prove ur spouce exercising eu treaty sheraz i have a question as i haven't applied yet i am taking every step to make my application correct though my 10 years completed .

i registed my spouce as a self empoyed 3 years ago with hmrc we are paying NI as well we have done self assesment as wel

but number 1) our self employed addresss is same as our living address is that goin to be problem?
2) in my spouce bank account transations are not showing buisness transations do they check it ?
3) we have very small buisness our income is below 9000pounds so we dont have to pay tax though hmrc has
has sent all self assesment doucments showing we have to pay 2000 pounds tax if i submit this self assesmnt doucuments showing the the tax billl of 2000pounds is that lead to refusal as i dont have monety to pay these tax now plz provide information thank you

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi Guys
i have been here before

Application sent: 10 September 2014 ( Four Months early Application varying it from Tier 1 Entrepenure application which wasn't decided from Last 16 Months)

Acknowledgement recieved after week.
No Biometric plus they asked for proof of addresses and proof that wasn't out of country after submitting previous application Tier 1 Entrepenure. Which i provided them in December.

My ten Years are completed yesterday.

My question is will they consider it according to Date of Decision or Date of Application. I never had any break or refusal in all them ten years and was out of country for 60 days in all them years.

Regards

Ramos

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi Guys

HO is getting really annoying. I was very confident that my application might be posted today. Just checked royalmail and it still shows "come back later" :( I'm not going to check royalmail anymore I'll wait for the post man to knock on my door. Hopefully soon tc everyone and good luck to all those waiting.

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:38 pm

[quote="shahfurqan"][quote="tiffin"]Hi All,

2 photos
Life in U.K.

Salam Forum,
I sent my application SET (LR) HO today, but I didn't sent prepaid Royal mail envelop and document photocopies. However, I got photocopies of all documents for my record. I am getting confused it's not been mentioned in application regarding (Royal mail envelop or photocopies).

2 photos
Life in U.K.
MBA UK degree & transcripts

Kind Regards,

SALEEM

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:40 pm

[quote="shahfurqan"][quote="tiffin"]Hi All,

2 photos
Life in U.K.

Salam Forum,
I sent my application SET (LR) HO today, but I didn't sent prepaid Royal mail envelop and document photocopies. However, I got photocopies of all documents for my record. I am getting confused it's not been mentioned in application regarding (Royal mail envelop or photocopies).

2 photos
Life in U.K.

Kind Regards,

SALEEM

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:42 pm

Salam Forum,
I sent my application SET (LR) HO today, but I didn't send prepaid Royal mail envelop and document photocopies. However, I got photocopies of all documents for my record. I am getting confused it's not been mentioned in application regarding (Royal mail envelop or photocopies).

2 photos
Life in U.K.

Kind Regards,

SALEEM

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:08 pm

Allesheikh wrote:Hi Guys

HO is getting really annoying. I was very confident that my application might be posted today. Just checked royalmail and it still shows "come back later" :( I'm not going to check royalmail anymore I'll wait for the post man to knock on my door. Hopefully soon tc everyone and good luck to all those waiting.
come on @Allesheikh be brave, don't lose your heart. i know it hard but its not the end of world. Believe in God,its just matter of time i m sure sooner or later u will get yours. :D :D :D

umamah19
Newly Registered

Post by umamah19 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:46 am

Hello,
Can anyone tell me the average time taken by HO for FLR (M) application? Is there any google drive like set(LR).

Thanks.

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:56 am

Hi Members,

I am sending my application for ILR (LR)
please let me know which documents I need to send and do I need to send any photo copies of Documents.
Thanks
Tahir

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:56 am

Hi Members,

please let me know which documents I need to send and do I need to send any photo copies of Documents.
Thanks
Tahir

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:57 am

Hi Members,

Thanks
Tahir

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:26 am

tahir.usman201 wrote:Hi Members,

Thanks
Tahir
Yes. You should.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:59 am

sheraz7 wrote:
Thnks for Clarifying Sheraz. So shall I send them now(my wife's documents) without case worker requesting for it. And if so The EEA3 Permanent Residence card my wife got after exercising treaty rights for 5 years will be enough to prove. She got now even UK passport too. But she is not working now. So EEA3 Permanent Residency card and her UK passport is enough?
Thank You for your time.

unser
Newly Registered

Post by unser » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:24 am

Hi
sorry to be using this way of posting my question. i have been trying to post a question on this site but could not. i dont understand why
My question is this: i qualify for the 10 long residency visa, but my first passport got lost 8 years ago. Although i have school attendance, correspondences then from the UKBA regarding the lost of passport, P60s', some bank statements that cover the 2yrs on the passport, police report, but no council tax letters as i stayed with relations and friends. i have requested for SAR since November, not gotten a my record yet and time is running out. Can i go ahead and send the application and let them know that its one of their department that is holding the delay of the SAR? Are these documents i have enough? I am confuse as i am thinking of using a lawyer for this? any advise from anyone who has witness of can advise on a case like this

Unser

unser
Newly Registered

Post by unser » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:25 am

Hi
sorry to be using this way of posting my question. i have been trying to post a question on this site but could not. i dont understand why
My question is this: i qualify for the 10 long residency visa, but my first passport got lost 8 years ago. Although i have school attendance, correspondences then from the UKBA regarding the lost of passport, P60s', some bank statements that cover the 2yrs on the passport, police report, but no council tax letters as i stayed with relations and friends. i have requested for SAR since November, not gotten a my record yet and time is running out. Can i go ahead and send the application and let them know that its one of their department that is holding the delay of the SAR? Are these documents i have enough? I am confuse as i am thinking of using a lawyer for this? any advise from anyone who has witness of can advise on a case like this

Unser