ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Registration Certificate not received

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vikash
Newly Registered

MN1 Registration Certificate not received

Post by Vikash » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi,

I had applied for my baby british citizenship via the MN1 process. I received an approval letter stating the application has been approved and the certificate will be sent across soon. As per notes from other members on the MN1 timeline the certificate is usually received within the same post or max 2 days later.

In my case i received the approval letter on 24th October 2014 but have not received the certificate yet. Because of this I cannot apply for the passport. I cant go for indian passport either as british has already been approved.

I have written them an email , wrote a letter , chased them couple of times through call but still no help.

Please can someone please help on how to chase them on the Registration certificate. Is there a legal process of how to obtain this. M stuck.

Thanks for your help

Fabs
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 Registration Certificate not received

Post by Fabs » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:03 am

Vikash wrote:Hi,

I had applied for my baby british citizenship via the MN1 process. I received an approval letter stating the application has been approved and the certificate will be sent across soon. As per notes from other members on the MN1 timeline the certificate is usually received within the same post or max 2 days later.

In my case i received the approval letter on 24th October 2014 but have not received the certificate yet. Because of this I cannot apply for the passport. I cant go for indian passport either as british has already been approved.

I have written them an email , wrote a letter , chased them couple of times through call but still no help.

Please can someone please help on how to chase them on the Registration certificate. Is there a legal process of how to obtain this. M stuck.

Thanks for your help
. Hi Vikash, Any new about your child certificate???? Please

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:12 pm

hi vikash any updates about your baby certificate/passport
Last edited by SKJMR on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi,
I wish to apply for my UK born son who is 1 year old under section 1(3) using form MN1.
I need some help filling the application, for some questions i have answered but don’t know if it is right or wrong and some i don’t have any clue. Can senior members, gurus and people who did the same process for their kids recently if you can please help that would be really helpful and kind of you. Thanking you in anticipation

Section 1 ( personal information)
Q 1.2> Shall i leave blank or give the reference no which is on the letter issued me when i was granted ILR
Q 1.3> i left blank , because he doesnot have any passport nor ILR
Q 1.9> Indian ( even though i didnot register him or got him Indian passport)
Section 2 Residence requirements
Q 2.1> My son is born in UK, what shall i write his date of birth or just leave it BLANK (question says please give, date and place of first arrival)
Q 2.2 > i have written our current address and for dates i have written from my son’s date of birth to current date
Q 2.3> Blank or shall i write N/A –Not applicable
Q 2.4 > United Kingdom
Section 3 (Parents residence)
Q 3.1> Me and my wife both are Indian ( I left it blank, didnot tick any box)
Q 3.2 > Shall i write my address or leave it blank
Q 3.3> Blank or n/a
Q 3.4> my wife’s address which is same but shall i leave it blank (same as question 3.2)
Q 3.5> Blank or n/a
Q 3.6> grandparents details ( I really don’t understand this), shall i leave it blank
Q 3.7 to Q 3.12> blank
Section 4 : Good character Requirement
Q 4.1 to 4.18 ( My son is 1 year old), so i left it blank as this section is for children above 10 and over

Section 5 ( Referees and Identity)
Q 5.1> Got 2 persons who are British citizen to sign and both are above 35 years of age ( one is minister of religion and one is family friend)
Photograph ( size/ dimensions any idea, because it is not listed in the Guide about any particular size)
Section 6 : (Consent to the application)
Q 6.1 myself signed
Q 6.2 my wife signed
Q 6.3 to 6.5 blank
Section 7: Declaration
Q 7.1 My full name (father of applicant)
Finally shall i tick
Q 7.6> I didnot understand
Q 7.8> it is only my son applying not parents, shall i leave it blank
Q 7.9> i am applying under section 1(3), shall i tick or leave it blank
“I know it is lot of questions but kindly take time and answer, i got just few days to apply, if experts or people with similar experience can help me that would be really helpful.”
Many thanks,
skjmr