ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need response please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ujjal

need response please

Post by ujjal » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:24 am

Dear ALl
My friend has applied for the tier 2 visa ( switching from tier 4 dependant) he got the visa on 2013 july. the co propiter of the company was his sister and level 1 user is sister in law.now they know that the close relatives cant sponsor?

My question is is this comes under the colse relationship?
Is this ok if level1 user is his sister in law?
if not what we need to do?

please reponse me really pannic.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: need response please

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:22 pm

A family business can not sponsor a family member, an a sister-in-law she can not act as a level one.
Even if they get another person / representative to act as yje level one the licence is likely to be revokec once UKVI find out the circumstances.
Out of interest what in the business activity and job role? It is highly likely that a a small / medium business there is a legitimate NQF6 role and as such once he applies that will start the UKVI investigation.

ujjal

Post by ujjal » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Thank you very much for the response. So what will you suggest for that it is NQF 4 job. The business is restaurant. The visa was switching from tier 2 dependant. The visa was issued on July 2013..

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:46 pm

Can you make sure of your facts as there is considerable difference between.switching between tier 4 dependent and a tier 2 dependent to a tier 2 general.
The issue of who assigned the COS remains the same,

greenflag
Newly Registered

Post by greenflag » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:17 am

Dear All,
I have few questions and couldn't get the answers even I have read supportive material at different sites and even on this forum and questions were really close to above mentioned debate.
I am currently on tier 4 student visa and which is going to expire at the end of April this year. I am doing ACCA at the moment with University and study won't complete at the end of Tier 4 visa on the other hand I have already got Master Degree from UK University before starting ACCA 2 years ago. I am planning to get Tier 2 visa and have few reservations.
1. Have I got any exemption from RLMT or do I have to go through RLMT process?
2. My real Uncle offered me a job in his firm and this firm provides legal assistance to public and private companies with 9 current employees. Can I work with them or not? because I have read at this forum that family business can't sponsor family member.
Could anyone please provide me answers of above questions along any kind of valid material or link about this topic.
Thanx

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:13 am

The rules do not forbid employment in a family business entirely but they do ensure that the decision to employ a close family member can not be in the hands of the relative.
What you are describing is exactly that position.
Does your relative have a tier 2 licence and what would be the job role you would undertake?
As to RLMT it all depends on your continuous leave tracking back to when you received your masters, have you been on tier 4 all the time or have you had non tier 4 leave in the interim.

greenflag
Newly Registered

Post by greenflag » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:The rules do not forbid employment in a family business entirely but they do ensure that the decision to employ a close family member can not be in the hands of the relative.
Does your relative have a tier 2 licence and what would be the job role you would undertake?
As to RLMT it all depends on your continuous leave tracking back to when you received your masters, have you been on tier 4 all the time or have you had non tier 4 leave in the interim.
Dear Frontier,

Thanx for your reply.
Yeah he has a tier 2 licence and he is offering me HR manager role on the base of MBA degree issued by UK university, let me mentioned that when UKBA visited my relative place before issueing Tier 2 licence they asked during interview are you going to hire any relative? and response was no at that time because it was not planned that i will be offered that place.
on the other hand i have establised pressence as a tier 4 student throughout even after finising my Master.
Many Thanx

greenflag
Newly Registered

Post by greenflag » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:The rules do not forbid employment in a family business entirely but they do ensure that the decision to employ a close family member can not be in the hands of the relative.
Dear Frontier,

Thanx for your reply.
Yeah he has a tier 2 licence and he is offering me HR manager role on the base of MBA degree issued by UK university, let me mentioned that when UKBA visited my relative place before issueing Tier 2 licence they asked during interview are you going to hire any relative? and response was no at that time because it was not planned that i will be offered that place.
on the other hand i have establised pressence as a tier 4 student throughout even after finising my Master.
Many Thanx

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:33 am

So your relative gave false information to obtain the licence.
Good luck with that, once the COS is issued he will get another vist and unless you have professional qualification as an HR manager you will be considered an unsuitable candidate plus the relative angle it will be a very short lived visa as the licence will be revoked.

greenflag
Newly Registered

Post by greenflag » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:So your relative gave false information to obtain the licence.
Good luck with that, once the COS is issued he will get another vist and unless you have professional qualification as an HR manager you will be considered an unsuitable candidate plus the relative angle it will be a very short lived visa as the licence will be revoked.
Dear Frontier,
Pls don't judge n reply on the basis of ur assumptions. Please read whole trail of my posts again for fair reply. In my last post i clearly mentioned that when my uncle applied for Tier 2 licence i was not
as prospactive candidate. Thats why when i told them i have MBA degree in HR n could be a suitable candidate then he told me that during ukba visit he replied with no when they asked if u gonna hire any relative. By the way it was the reason i personally joined this form to get Advise. Menwhile my uncle is also in touch with ukba by mail on this issue. My 2nd question was regarding RLMT but no proper response on this forum. Anyway thanx very much n let other decide was it right or wrong. Bye